• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] An ENFP's Bedroom - can you relate?

Starry

I love cooking though.

That room...that's got to be so/sx. It's messy...but still...normal/cheery or something. I have so much weird shit in my room...stuff from all around the world...all my art supplies...

Oh yah...my brother when he lived with me called my room "An Indian Market" <-which is actually kind. I need one space I can mess the hell out of.

I'm an INFP and my room looks far worse than the one in the picture :D

Yeah I have to say that’s a relatively tame scene compared to my INFP bedroom as well. A bachelor bomb range is how a friend describes my sleeping quarters.

Starry

Mal are you familiar with that submarine study they did like in the 1940s or something? Where they had a sub staffed with Js and a sub staffed with Ps. And how they were real worried about the P sub as it was completely unorganized and messy and the staff seemed like a bunch of lazy bums. They worried until they actually went into either a mock or real battle. Then they worried about the J sub.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
XD no the stuff is all over the floor and windowsill.

That's because your an ExFx silly bean :hi: X is not equal to N and P. And from my logical deduction since if X=N you would be an ENFN and if X=P you would be an EPFP you cannot possibly be an ENFP as X = X and N != P.

Fs :dry:

CitizenErased

Clean Slate
Are you an ENFP? Yes I know I didn't specify who should relate or not.

No, INTP. I understood the thread's title as "this is how ENFPs are supposed to be, do you relate to ENFPs' messy tendencies?"... Well, nothing I can do now.

I was totally cracking up reading this thinking "core sample"...

And I didn't disappoint you! I didn't know the correct term in English was "core sample", but I definitely thought it as a geological device to determine the age of chaos.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
No, I don't. I used to have a really messy apartment and be unorganized and messy in general (except when it came to food and dirty plates - always found it disgusting how people wouldn't throw it away or wash their dirty flatware). That went on until I was 23 and began putting stuff back right after usage and start with a schedule for cleaining and tidying up. Last thing is what I do everyday.
I just enjoy having a tidy apartment. I also put a little bit of effort in furnishing and decorating my apartment. (I have a theme going on in every room: Kitchen has the 60's theme, living room has a tropical style/nature theme, bathroom modern, kind of how modern upper-class hotels arrange them). Why then let it become messy and unclean? Wouldn't have needed to bother with furnishing it in the first place. Also, oh man, I do enjoy knowing where my stuff is at, LOL. Just makes every day living easier.

I'm convinced I'm not the only ENFP my age who doesn't find it hard keeping a clean and tidy apartment.

Unorganized - yes. Cluttered - yes but I've not known either of my ENFP's to have disgusting messy surroundings. They're even better with the organization and clutter than they were 5 years ago so I don't know if I buy ENFP = messy period so what you're seeing may be the case.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Mine...

But heres the thing. I DO kind of sort of keep it organized. Usually there would be less clothes on the floor and more piled up into the chair/random pile. I just took the picture immediately after changing after getting home from school. Usually. I make sure that theres a path. Because Im a klutz and having to go around land-mines is not a comfortable way for me to live.

So it usually has less clothes on the floor. The lamps on the ground because the cats kept knocking it over anyways. And the cats seem to enjoy burrowing and tunneling in the clothes and random stuff anyways. Like a playground. I dunno.

I dunno.

I need to clean it more regularly though. It doesnt smell though. Really doesnt. Or maybe Im delusional I dunno.

I type as NP. But thats up for debate I suppose.

Last edited:

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
You guys... mine is sooo much worse. I blamed it on moving, but in all honesty, I've been a slob for as long as I can remember. I always have clothes in multiple baskets that are designated either clean or dirty, but what inevitably happens is that I end up digging through a basket for something and shit ends up all over the floor and stays there. I also always have a chair covered in clothes.

Oddly enough, everything else has a designated spot and I'm an extremely organized person. I know where everything in my house is and I don't lose things. I also never eat in my room.

Additionally, I'm horrible at keeping up with dishes, garbage, laundry, or even going through my mail.

I was raised by a VERY messy ENFP hoarder.

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Unorganized - yes. Cluttered - yes but I've not known either of my ENFP's to have disgusting messy surroundings. They're even better with the organization and clutter than they were 5 years ago so I don't know if I buy ENFP = messy period so what you're seeing may be the case.

You misunderstood. Just to clear it up:

I didn't say all ENFPs have messy apartments. I was talking about people of *every type* who leave dirty dishes or half eaten bananas for days on their windowsill for example. Also, not sure if I understood your last sentence but I think that was exactly the point I wanted to drive home: Not all ENFPs are messy. I was scrolling through this thread and so many ENFPs seem to hate housework and be more messy than tidy here (no judgement intended), which is why I wanted to voice my experience.
As for messy phase I don't know what you're trying to say with that sentence. English isn't my mother tongue.

I do not leave food about. Papers, loose change, clothes, various tools, pens, empty prescription bottles (heart meds) absolutely. Yet I know where everything is. I live alone so for all intents and purposes it is organized!

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
You misunderstood. Just to clear it up:

I didn't say all ENFPs have messy apartments. I was talking about people of *every type* who leave dirty dishes or half eaten bananas for days on their windowsill for example. Also, not sure if I understood your last sentence but I think that was exactly the point I wanted to drive home: Not all ENFPs are messy. I was scrolling through this thread and so many ENFPs seem to hate housework and be more messy than tidy here (no judgement intended), which is why I wanted to voice my experience.
As for messy phase I don't know what you're trying to say with that sentence. English isn't my mother tongue.

I was agreeing with your assessment. I don't know that being an ENFP makes you messy by default. The two I know never were but they were somewhat unorganized and cluttered. Neither of them are as disorganized and cluttered as they once were. I think they saw the benefit of a little more organization in every day life.

One thing I'm noticing in many answers here is growing up in a really messy/hoarding environment. I'm sure that has a much bigger impact no matter your type.

I was agreeing with your assessment. I don't know that being an ENFP makes you messy by default. The two I know never were but they were somewhat unorganized and cluttered. Neither of them are as disorganized and cluttered as they once were. I think they saw the benefit of a little more organization in every day life.

One thing I'm noticing in many answers here is growing up in a really messy/hoarding environment. I'm sure that has a much bigger impact no matter your type.

I think I went opposite. My mom was a germophobic neat freak. I said fuck that noise.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Mal are you familiar with that submarine study they did like in the 1940s or something? Where they had a sub staffed with Js and a sub staffed with Ps. And how they were real worried about the P sub as it was completely unorganized and messy and the staff seemed like a bunch of lazy bums. They worried until they actually went into either a mock or real battle. Then they worried about the J sub.

Nope, haven't heard of it. But this guy at work, whom I think is an ENFP, got pranked by me twice in a row. It was the same prank and he fell for it both times. He's pretty mad at me now.

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

Hmm... I always wondered how much impact it really has. Though I grew up in an extremely clean and tidy home, I managed to stay messy myself for like I mentioned 23 years but I already left home when I was 16, so would've had enough time to figure out a cleaning schedule and I tried but just couldn't make it work cuz I was simply overwhelmed with the idea of repeatedly doing a mundane chore I hated doing. But wanting to be organized always was one of my Fi-values, so I kept trying. And et voila! Nowadays keeping up with the schedule is as easy as brushing my teeth. Honestly I am sure Te happened when I was 23. I've changed massively since then. And before, without Te, I'm convinced I could've tried till I cried, there was no way I could have been as organized as I am nowadays with the support of Te.

Starry

I think being an N *might* make it easier for an individual to tune out their physical environment.

I grew up with an ENFJ and INTJ and they both were...not "show worthy" hoarders...but hoarders all the same. My mom would attach sentimental value to things...and my father would attach "if there was a disaster I might need this" value to things.

- - - Updated - - -

No, INTP. I understood the thread's title as "this is how ENFPs are supposed to be, do you relate to ENFPs' messy tendencies?"... Well, nothing I can do now.

And I didn't disappoint you! I didn't know the correct term in English was "core sample", but I definitely thought it as a geological device to determine the age of chaos.

There needs to be carbon dating home kits.

Starry

Nope, haven't heard of it. But this guy at work, whom I think is an ENFP, got pranked by me twice in a row. It was the same prank and he fell for it both times. He's pretty mad at me now.

Whoops I missed this. I'm not sure exactly what you are referring to above...but I have definitely fallin for the same thing more than once...more than once.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
The bedroom is organised, just others might not understand the order.

I love using the floordrobe for clothes that are worn once but not dirty. I don't want to put them back in the cupboard like they are clean, but I'm not going to put them out to with the dirty clothes. Especially things like pants or a woolen jumper after a short time out doing things.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Whoops I missed this. I'm not sure exactly what you are referring to above...but I have definitely fallin for the same thing more than once...more than once.

I was responding to the submarine study comment. I'm glad you didn't ask me what the prank was about, you'd be mad just thinking about it. :smile:

Starry

I was responding to the submarine study comment. I'm glad you didn't ask me what the prank was about, you'd be mad just thinking about it. :smile:

What was the prank? (I'll assume I'm supposed to ask since you mentioned it twice).

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
What was the prank?

Something that was hilarious to everybody except to the one who got pranked. I'm just waiting to see how the after-effects play out. I'm lucky he hasn't turned me in to HR, because he's done that to others for less.