User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    eNtP
    Enneagram
    4w5/

Default NFs and their social life

As an INTP, I would say that most of my friends (or the MBTI archetype that would get along pretty well with me) are NFs. NFs are more likely to get interested with NTs a lot more than SFs, based on experience. Their high EQ often times goes well with an NTs tendency to intellectualize things.

I've always wondered how an NFs social life usually differs from that of the standard archetype for sociability, which is SF.

I have one friend whom I consider to be NF. She's a female

We have a common friend, which is quite a promiscuous ESFP female, and this NF friend would occasionally ask me if I would want to say anything to her about it. I would just say, "I'd rather not say anything because it may jeopardize the friendship."

Well, it the ESFP's girl life anyway, and even if me and my NF friend are not in favor of it, we don't talk to her about it. Live and let live.

The moral benchmark of the NF girl is one of the reasons I assume that she's an NF, not to mention that she goes along well with my NT geekiness (not a lot of SFs do), but I noticed something....

In public, she acts soooo SF. I could be confusing it with the fact that she's really pretty hence she gets to become the center of attention, but I notice that she still tries to show up a bubbly disposition to everybody despite her apparent preference in whom she likes to interact with or otherwise--which is something that I consider to be more SF than NF.

Or is this something common to all Fs regardless of a stronger N or S?

Banned
    MBTI
    type

I've spoken similarly before: NFs are more concerned with what friendliness and socialibility mean, in the big picture, than, say, SFs. SFs appreciate these things for what they are in the moment.

MBTI
    INFP

For me, I wouldn't really say so. I would be bubbly only if I was in a particularly bubbly mood. I usually feel awkwardly polite in social situations, unless I'm really comfortable with that person (friends). Then I can be obnoxious, or whatever I feel like.

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

i'm sure someone can mistaken me as an ESFP if the right mix of people in a social situation. i'll say EFP's in general are bubbly. they do it for different purposes but they look similar. as an N, i want to stay true to myself and will hence actively try to just spill out all my bubbly ideas, regardless of what people think. S's act bubbly within society's expectations and possibly sees the norm as people getting along with each other. i'm sure the S may conform a lot more than the N does. the motivations for our bubbliness could be very different.

Enneagram
    4w5

Cypocalypse, sounds more like extraverted feeling to me, not S/N. Anyway, I am friendly to pretty much everyone unless they give me a reason not to be, lol, but unless I am only with a few close friends, I wouldnít really describe myself as bubbly, just because I am too shy and awkward, lol.

And morality isnít type related, lol.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Even thought I am a very strong F, at that..I find myself very similar to an INTP. But yeah, the vast majority of my friends are ENTPs and INTPs, with, really, barely any other types..
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    infp

Doesn't the whole "NF's etc etc" title sort of confuse the issue for anyone else?

I mean wouldn't an ENF's social life and experiences be different from the INF's?
    Echo - "So are you trying to say she is Evil"

DeWitt - "Something far worse, she's an Idealist"

Berb's Johari Berb's Nohari

MBTI
    ESTJ

Yup, but I will admit that I have met some pretty bubbly INFPs, it really just depends on the people they are around I guess

MBTI
    STUF

I have to put on a social mask every time I leave my house. That feeling stays with me in any social situation, but I have a strong desire to fit in socially, perhaps in hopes of finding someone that shares interests. Recently this has been causing a lot of undue mental fatigue and I've been reconsidering my behavior. I don't think I've ever been "bubbly" though.

The structure of this paragraph-y sentence sucks, that is all.
    Whoops.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

I lack a true social life away from the computer. When I'm around people I constantly get asked with 'Why are you so quiet?' or 'Do you ever talk?'. It annoys the hell out of me. That's why I just avoid social situations completely.