User Tag List

First 234

Thread: Perfect Moments

violaine

^How wonderful.

MBTI
    INFJ

I was 18 and had just moved to Boston to be an au pair for a family I had never met before. The husband was Brazillian and only spoke a small amount of broken english, and the wife was french canadian and spoke french most of the time. They were quite a pair! My time spent in Boston with them overall was enchanting and I learned more through that experience than I ever thought I would. But there was one day in particular that seemed exceptionally wonderful. It was the first week in April and spring was finally just beginning to show it's face. It was Sunday, my one day off, and like all the sundays previously I was determined to fill my free day with as much experience as possible.
    I was walking through Harvard square and the sun had come out and for the first time in months I felt warm. I felt beautiful. I was free. As a smile spread across my face I tilted my head up towards the sky and took off running. I ran through the streets and up through the gates of Harvard. I found a green patch of grass where the golden sun shone down and I lay flat against the earth, my limbs sprawled out in all directions. Lying there, breathless, my face towards the sun, I was perfectly happy. I knew in that moment that life was a gift and that I was going to not only enjoy it, but bask in it.
    Rain makes applesauce

Enneagram
    4 so/sp

I don't know, maybe I'm weird, but I feel like I've had a lot of perfect moments - and with many of them, that's just what they were - an instantaneous moment where everything just alligned, and was beautiful and 'right' in my eyes. Just existance itself. But maybe too it's because I find myself comforted by the little things in life -- i.e. even sitting at home sometimes, with the late-afternoon sun shining through the window onto me...even that can make me absolutely happy and it is perfect even if only for a bit.

I think that's why life can be so..interesting. Perfection and complete joy and peace cannot last, but then I also think depending on how you look at it, you can find, or can learn to find, perfection in a myriad of things and experiences.

So I guess I'll be the only one here who doesn't have a specific story to share. I could give examples from my travels, from when I've been out in nature, periods of life that seemed more 'perfect' and when I was much happier than in other periods, moments shared with people that were/are absolutely precious to me....lots of possibilities. But I think what they share in common is a simple acceptance, peace, and awareness of the moment, in that moment -- existing fully in the present. Not in the past, not in the future. Now.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

violaine

^I feel the same in that I have had many moments I would consider perfect, however one wants to define that. I don't even mean purely joyous moments, I would include some very sad and bittersweet experiences because they were the right thing at the right time.

MBTI
    INfJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Evi View Post
    "That's so sweet I was pretty obsessed over the books and the movies for a long while [I still love them!] and I always wondered if there was an equivalent 'West' for me somewhere. I hope your dreams came true!"

I'm still finding out!
    Perhaps it is a lifelong achievement...to live and experience those dreams coming true as your life goes on.
    Don't hate me because you're beautiful.
    4w5

http://www.mangabullet.com/visitme/ImaginAries.png

MBTI
    INFJ

Well, I've posted this one before, but I felt like it was worth adding to this thread as well:

Quote Originally Posted by wedekit View Post
    I have grown a lot since I've graduated from High School. Being a feeling male in a small rural town in Texas has held my personal growth back a lot. I hid it and labeled it "weak", since that was the common belief of guys who approached things at a personal level; someone who never said or did anything to intentionally hurt anyone else. I came to the liberal arts University that I am at now and I have bloomed and realized that I am no weaker than any other guy out there, and that my approach to life isn't any less masculine. (Not to mention masculinity isn't any kind of virtue to begin with.)

This weekend the sophomores in our Res Life staff went on small retreat to Galveston Island and stayed in a nice beach house. 11 of us total. I used to be frightened of the ocean, which struck me as ironic since NF is attributed to Water (as inferred by most Personality Tables). It just seemed like such a scary place and I always refused to swim in it. So much chaos and mystery.

This time, when I walked down to the beach shore it was much different. It was the most serene sight and sound I have ever experienced. I didn't realize before that the chaos and mystery was inside of me too. I stood and watched the waves roll in and draw out for as long as the others would let me. I would have swam out as far as I could if it wasn't Winter. Instead I settled for a seashell shaped like a swirling flower... to always remind me of who I am and how I flourished.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

violaine

^I love this wedekit.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by sanveane View Post
    ^I love this wedekit.
    I'm glad you enjoted it!

I still have the seashell. I keep it on my computer desk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

violaine

^Teehee I totally wanted to ask that Was going to go write on your wall....