• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] ENFP's and Image

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
I don't know if it is just me, or if this applies to all ENFP's, or all NF's in general.

One of the biggest things to me, is keeping it real. Now what I mean by that is trying to present the most realistic picture of myself to the public as possible. I think this stems from the fact that I tend to be able to turn into a personallity chameleon around anyone (natural actor). I hate doing that but that seems to be my primary mode of action. Because of this I dress in a manner as to not attract attention. For example, if you were to scan an enviornment of people, I would not be the one you noticed. I do this because I feel really turned off by dressing like something I am not. Something about this seems to put me off when I see people going out of their way to put on a show and be something they are not.

What I am trying to say, is that something about overboard dressing up/gel for guys and over board makeup and dresses for girls seems to turn me off from a social aspect. I don't think about it all the time, but it does subconsciencly seem to pop in.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
I keep it real.

Even when I am wearing four inch heels, a dress and makeup, I still manage to keep it real despite the "costume".

Keeping it real has little to do with aesthetic stylistic preferences and more to do with consistency and integrity of character.

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
*Sexy thoughts of CC in four inch heels float through AA's head*

*AA's mindreading INFJ smacks him in hopes of knocking those thoughts out*

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
lol^

ive personally noticed a lot of ENFPs worry about self image and being "original" because they tend to want to be different and stand out. nonconformist i suppose you could say. probably more relevant with younger ENFPs. i know when i was younger i would be nonconformist just for the very point of not conforming. then i realized that even though i was nonconformist i was still conforming to nonconformity and that my personality could stand on its own two feet and that dressing different didn't have too much of an effect on it.

alcea rosea

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
I don't know if it is just me, or if this applies to all ENFP's, or all NF's in general.

One of the biggest things to me, is keeping it real. Now what I mean by that is trying to present the most realistic picture of myself to the public as possible.

I'm pretty much like you in this matter but I don't know if it is a ENFP thing. It is very important to me that people see the real me and this was even shown in work related a psychological assesment that I participated.

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
ENFP's keep it real, sure, but I think a lot of ENFP's feel as if they are genuinely different from the pack. If they are to be authentic in the way they project themselves then they would be expected to dress differently. I fight the compulsion to tone down my colors just because they may be imposing. In reality, my outlook is so radically different from the majority of others' that I feel like I am projecting my inner self correctly by standing out. I do understand your point about putting too much "work" or "time" into it, but it doesn't take any more time to put on something loud than to put on something that blends. If I were to direct others' behavior, I would only recommend that they "think" about as much as they can, and make sure they know what they agree with, and "love" as much as possible. Generally, I wear as many colors as possible, which represents my zest for life and of course individuality. Not "my individuality," but individuality itself. I think individuality and the notion of thinking for yourself can be expressed this way in areas where there is lots of people-traffic but you do not get to speak to people one-on-one. I doubt I'll ever "grow out of it," my emphasis on the importance of individuality + my need to express myself authentically lead naturally to this outcome.

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
Authenticity means a lot to me. I used to describe my friends as a mix of people who are original and/or authentic. When I read ENFP type descriptions they really spoke to me.

Life for everyone is a balancing act. I think for me, and this is very much a type thing, it's a balance between being authentic and feeling like you're on your own wavelength and satisfying the need to feel connected to everyone around you.

To be true to yourself and therefore 'unique' and 'fit in' at the same time.

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
I fit in by casual glance, until you hear me talk.
The strive for authenticity is definitely there, and even if I chameleon my personality to fit in better (usually subconsciously done), I still have my brand of others' personalities and the ever-so-common Evanism comes out between each sentence.

nomadic

mountain surfing
MBTI Type
enfp
i still dress sort of similiar to college and high school. well maybe less wifebeaters, but still i guess... in bright colors??? LOL i love wearing bright yellow polo tees and hawaiian shirts nowadays. but in college i had more wifebeaters and unbuttoned button up shirts.

nowadays im pretty casual too. everyone jokes that i always wear birkenstocks (still... lol) ALL the time.

for me, comfort is the number one priority. but girls i date in general, usually want me to be more dressy, but they give up... and get SOOOO Happy the few times i do. LOL

Angry Ayrab

MBTI Type
ENFP
i still dress sort of similiar to college and high school. well maybe less wifebeaters, but still i guess... in bright colors??? LOL i love wearing bright yellow polo tees and hawaiian shirts nowadays. but in college i had more wifebeaters and unbuttoned button up shirts.

nowadays im pretty casual too. everyone jokes that i always wear birkenstocks (still... lol) ALL the time.

for me, comfort is the number one priority. but girls i date in general, usually want me to be more dressy, but they give up... and get SOOOO Happy the few times i do. LOL

Wife beaters are my favorite standard attire at home but I don't do it outside much because I fee too flashy in em.

Uytuun

MBTI Type
nnnn
Authenticity means a lot to me. I used to describe my friends as a mix of people who are original and/or authentic. When I read ENFP type descriptions they really spoke to me.

Heh.

Clownmaster

EvanTheClown (ETC)
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
if this is about dressing habits, i'm all about the black T and jeans look, and occasionally with an unbuttoned button-up shirt of a noticable color (orange, or pinstriped, beige)