• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] What's Your Least Compatible Type? (Open to all)

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
People who insist there is only one right way to look at life - no matter their type. Sometimes, its a matter of not being aware that others experience life in a different yet equally valid way and sometimes its a matter of insisting your way IS the only worthwhile way and demanding others to conform to it/ play by its rules or be severely penalised.

Especialky the latter tends to ruffle my Ne-dom feathers if i dont watch it - which can become ironically hypcritical otherwise :doh:

Last edited:

Verona

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Se-dom and Te-doms are the types I relate to the least. Any type can be a bad match though depending on individual factors.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm INFJ and my for sure least compatible type is ISTP.

I know an INFJ who married one. After having four kids they ended up getting divorced.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ENFJ, INTP, and ESFJ.

Littleclaypot

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Estj, entp, intj.. I don't connect well with nt's for some reason. So far the most intense connection I've had is with an istp.

PumpkinMayCare

𝓛ιкєтнє𝓓єνi lмαу
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Same.

Always have the impression they judge a book by its cover.

I'd love to give you a like but they still don't function, so...

My mom/stepfather btw are both STJs and that's exactly what they do. They see something and only seem to see (and JUDGE of course) the surface. What's behind? Who cares! I'm convinced that's why I always butt heads with them. We're just literally seeing things out of a different lens. I'm veeery curious what it's like to use the ISTJ-functions though and would love to switch to being one for a day.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I guess I would say, as a broad generalization, ESTx, but also overbearing 8s, as well as too much Fe can really rub me the wrong way. I am sometimes annoyed by extroverted 3s and 7s after awhile. None of these are sweeping generalizations though. I have also noticed that I prefer contra flow - feels like my club so to speak.

Permabanned
I guess I would say, as a broad generalization, ESTx, but also overbearing 8s, as well as too much Fe can really rub me the wrong way. I am sometimes annoyed by extroverted 3s and 7s after awhile. None of these are sweeping generalizations though. I have also noticed that I prefer contra flow - feels like my club so to speak.

so contrarian

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Hm types I get along/don't get along with?

I think individual traits play in, but my experience with actually knowing many "types" is limited. So far on here I have gotten along with most ENTPs, an ESTP, an ESFP, and INFJs. I get along really well with INFPs though I haven't found INFPs here that much to make a consensus. A close (you may judge me) online boyfriend typed as ISFP, and I really connected with him, so there is that.

In my experience, I struggle with ISTPs. Usually we can get along on a surface level but anything deeper, we both play with completely different outlooks and ultimately end up fighting. Okay from a distance, but as a close companion would be a no.
ISTJs, and this comes from knowing someone offline as ISTJ, can unintentionally come off as insensitive which I am really emotional so sometimes it is grating to have someone downplay something you feel merely because they don't see it the same way. I was really excited about turning 18 (and a bit scary too lol) but he downplayed it a lot which upset me. I know he means well butttttt dang. for me ISTJ varies on how I get along with them.
I tend to struggle with over-bearing 8s. I am sure 8 struggles the same with my overbearing 1. So feeling can be mutual :p I have found I can usually get along with someone who DOES have 8, but if someone is a really overbearing core 8 I swear its like we're destined to fist fight.

anyway, my take. :p

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
STJ's for the most part.

Although STJ bosses have been pretty nice to me for the most part of my life. Just as growing up with them they didn't like I was a very head in the clouds, nice kind of guy.. they'd be endlessly sarcastic and wouldn't want any compromise. It sucked. But now most types including STJ's have been fine for now.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
ENFJs probably because they scare me. Especially ENFJ 2s and 6s. INFJ 2s and 6s too. J type 1s. Especially SJ type 1s. SP 6s. Especially ones who lean more counterphobic. Image types. People who WANT to be image types.

rav3n

Honestly the people I've had the most trouble with are other SFJs. Too much Fe can be very toxic, especially if one or more parties is unhealthy. I also had an ENTJ boyfriend who was awful--just not emotionally aware at all (but thought he was). Don't think that was as related to type as it was to extreme narcissism.
The ESFJ and ENTJ dynamic isn't adviseable since ESFJs look to social issues as their end goal and ENTJs don't care about social issues unless they impact on end goal or they swirl around people we care about.

Example: ENTJ looks to end goal 'x' but negatively impacts people on the path to the end goal. ESFJ looks to dead bodies littered around the path to end goal and is appalled, citing 'shame, bad, shame, evil' to the ENTJ.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Every type, I need a new challenge. Of humans I know all :)

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
I changed my mind. My least compatible type would be my own type. Any 4 Sx is a bit much, let's be honest. I feel bad for anyone who has to work with me.

*get raging mad at an object for not working*
*let's 1 or 2 small things ruin the mood for the whole morning*
*doesn't understand that frustration is fueling frustration and that it's a self-fueling cycle*

:happy2::happy2::happy2:

(this is actually a better representation of younger me, but old habits do die hard)

Luv Deluxe

Step into my office.
MBTI Type
NiSe
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INFP and ESTJ have given me the most conflict, ENFP less so (even though it belongs to the same function family). I think I have more problems with Fi-dom and Te-dom.

I'm INFJ and my for sure least compatible type is ISTP.

No hate-intended- (plus I'm sure they feel the same way) Something about the "Whaddup? kind of agressive way they tend to communicate grates on me and I'm sure my more indignant emotionality does so for them too.

I've been in a relationship with an ISTP for almost four years or something now. I get along better with the INFJ/ENFJ/ISTP/ESTP series of cognitive functions, with a slight preference for the introverted types. I kind of wish types were sorted based on their functions, less on their dichotomies.

I know an INFJ who married one. After having four kids they ended up getting divorced.

I don't plan to marry mine or have kids with him, though. So far, so good.

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I kind of wish types were sorted based on their functions, less on their dichotomies.

Socionics and certain neo-jungian schools of thought compartmentalises this way. The issue with it is the incredibly reductive nature of it; sixteen types devolves to four. And any attempt to group by behaviourism metrics becomes moot. Potentially useful on a more spiritual integration/disintegration level, also as a rational for neuroplasticity.

IRL a surprisingly high number of ENTJs have become instantaneously possessive of me (In a very uncomfortable manner.). I honestly have no idea why.

Luv Deluxe

Step into my office.
MBTI Type
NiSe
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Socionics and certain neo-jungian schools of thought compartmentalises this way. The issue with it is the incredibly reductive nature of it; sixteen types devolves to four. And any attempt to group by behaviourism metrics becomes moot.

I meant more in the sense that we already group MBTI types into tables of four - NF Idealists, SP Artists, NT Rationals, and SJ Guardians. I find the cognitive functions more useful (to me, the dichotomous preferences alone are somewhat oversimplified), so I tend to think of the sixteen types as arranged by their functions instead. Stacking still matters, and seems to make a significant difference with regard to personality and behavior, so I don't see the sixteen types as being fundamentally reduced to four.

That's all, really. These are only theories. As soon as people start discussing/thinking of them too rigidly, I find myself walking away because the whole thing seems no better than a bunch of 16-year-old girls talking about astrology ("I could never date an ISFJ but I'm totally compatible with ENFP!!"). I just can't do it.

I like the Enneagram better, anyway. And I'm derailing! Carry on, party people.

Lucy_Ricardo

MBTI Type
INFP
Type isn't a factor for me in a romantic relationship. Someone with no sense of humor or a terrible sense of humor is repulsive to me. I dated a guy once who told me Norbit was the funniest movie he'd ever seen, and that was one of the top reasons I broke up with him. I'm not kidding.

Pandemeria

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
For me, it's the person and not the type that matters. My bro and I (ESTP and INFJ, respectively) get along swimmingly but I've had issues getting along with other INxx types because our values are different. So I don't think that it's necessarily the person's type preference that comes into play; it's more of a "do we see eye to eye on the things that matter?".

Romantically, it's similar. However, I usually do lean more toward intuitive types because I can be a bore to sensors, and vice-versa. :D It becomes endless theory and off-the-wall ideas vs. endless gossip and observations.