User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

Default NFs and Spirituality

I heard somewhere that NFs tend to be more religious or spiritual. What place does spirituality have in your life?

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

I'm personally not religious, the intuition made me all too aware at a young age, how relative "faith" is. As ENFP (Keirsey's "champion" personality), in searching for something to be passionate about I have come to trust only things that are not relative (as in, universally applicable). Although I do feel an idealistic oneness with humanity, this belief has led me to environmental work, which in instrospection, is the only thing I trust to be real and worth working to save. Consequently saving humanity lol.

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

I guess my spirituality is best shown in how I manage not to get cynical about everything...

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

I am an innately religious/spiritual person. At a very young age I used to think deeply about the religious education I was given. I soon came to realise that organised religious teachings were not for me: they seemed to reflect the views of the religious leaders rather than originating from a loving creator God.

In my ongoing quest for meaning, I therefore turned to science for answers and eventually graduated from University with a degree in chemistry. Eventually, however, I found that science could not account for the "supernatural" phenomena which I have always perceived (as an introverted intutitive type). In my late thirties, I started to explore the New Age scene. Although there is a lot of fluff out there, if one is discerning it is possible to take an active approach to one's own spiritual enlightenment. This approach suits me better than the antiquated teachings of the organised religions.

I do believe in God, not as a remote deity, but as a universal archetype who dwells in the collective unconscious. This internal version of God is a far cry from the stern patriarch of the Bible! I can only speak of my own experiences, but I perceive "God" as a witty, humorous and loving being who is always available to answer our questions and provide guidance to all who seek.
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

MBTI
    INFP

Apollonaut: so are you saying that there is more to life than science?
    meaning: there are more to this world than the observable scientific results?

have you had any personal experience with the "supernatural" realm?
    i'm curious to hear it.. (also if anybody else have ever experienced this 'weird' unexplainable phenomenom).
    but please, no "feelings" or "emotional" talks B.S,
    only REAL supernatural pheomenoms that's still can't be explained in scientific realm.
    i'm really curious if these things does exist , and not just pure nonsense or "bullcraps" ('cuz it might really prove that there is another, and greater dimension than ours!)

MBTI
    INFJ

I'm an atheist who tries to get as far from religions as possible. Okay, it's not that I'm intolerant, but it bothers me quite a lot how I'm still expected to take part in religious ceremonies and such. For example, say... someone's getting married. I'd really like to skip that church part and only take part in the celebration. However, people tend to get really pissed off for me not being there. Or baptizing a child... everyone expects me to be there, but to me it is a religious ceremony and I don't want to take part in foreign ceremonies that I don't believe in. I have to choose between expressing my own world view and being nice. How do you say to your own family that "I'm not going to be there"? It's tough.

I'm still somewhat spiritual, but in non-religious ways. I'm also interested in paranormal phenomenoms and whether they exist. My intuition plays a big part in this. I know there's got to be something more, because I experience weird things a lot like telepathy, precognitive dreams, deja vus, etc. All that makes me interested in these phenomenoms, but not someone who blindly believes that stuff. I just want to keep my mind open.

MBTI
    INFP

Hi I'm new...

I'm like MrRandom, I keep an open-mind when it comes to spirituality although I'm becoming more skeptical as I get older. I've never been a fan of organized religion because it seems to be more about conformity than faith.

One thing I have always took an interest in is astrology. I like the idea of splitting the world up into twelve signs, each with a different personality that has been decided by the stars. There's something cool and mystical about it whether there's any truth to it or not.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

It's number one in my life
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INFJ

There was a time (a long time, actually) when I found astrology fascinating. Not any daily horoscopes in magazines, but the sort of "real" and serious astrology that goes more into depth. I was very skeptical, until I read a multi-page explanation of my personality. All of the information was very specific, not the sort of general stuff that easily applies to everyone. Actually, the personality described was very INFJish. There was not a single sentence that I didn't agree with completely. It was actually more spot on than any MBTI descriptions.

It even included a warning that I am very likely to have health issues regarding my bones such as rheumatoid conditions. It kind of spooked me out, because my mother has suffered from rheumatoid conditions all my life and I have a lot of bone problems. I have stress fractures almost constantly in my feet and usually some bone ache. While serving my time in the army, I had bone fractures the whole time. They tried to send me home but I insisted on staying. For half a year, each step was painful, but INFJs are tough... right? . Nowadays I try to go jogging, but I find that impossible after a week, because my bones can't handle the stress. I can only walk without getting hurt. Anyway, it's just spooky. Coincidence? Maybe... but the whole description was spot on, even the freaky details about my relationship with my parents...

Even though it makes very little "sense", with my experiences on astrology I probably can't ever discard it as complete crap.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

I didn't mention it before - but I am an amateur astrologer. I went from total skepticism to utter amazement that an esoteric system such as astrology can yield highly accurate information!
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush