User Tag List

First 123 Last

Senor Membrane
    MBTI
    INFP

I was interested in astrology also. I think some of the stuff works because it is the closest they had to psychology back then. Jungian stuff, only before Jung.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by niki View Post
    Apollonaut: so are you saying that there is more to life than science?
    meaning: there are more to this world than the observable scientific results?

have you had any personal experience with the "supernatural" realm?
    i'm curious to hear it.. (also if anybody else have ever experienced this 'weird' unexplainable phenomenom).
    but please, no "feelings" or "emotional" talks B.S,
    only REAL supernatural pheomenoms that's still can't be explained in scientific realm.
    i'm really curious if these things does exist , and not just pure nonsense or "bullcraps" ('cuz it might really prove that there is another, and greater dimension than ours!)
    Yeah, I've had many "supernatural" experiences, starting at school when I watched my best friend slowly levitate to the ground after he fell off a high window ledge! I have personally experienced telepathy, precognition and remote viewing. I can often "feel" energy fields around people or objects. Several years ago, I taught myself to actually see these fields (auras). I have some friends with even more amazing abilities, including several mediums. Curiously, when I am around these people I can copy their abilities to a degree and "see" what they see (eg. spirits and ghosts).

I remain a scientist at heart - so-called "supernatural" phenomena will one day be explainable by science. My own theory is that there is some interaction between the archetypes of the collective unconscious and the material world. In other words, all "psychic" phenomena occur at the boundary between the inner and outer worlds. Incidentally, Carl Jung thought so too - he was friends with the quantum physicist Pauli, with whom he like to discuss such matters.
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

Default many, many documented miracles

There were skeptics around the time of Marian apparitions in Lourdes, France about a century ago. There were miracles there, totally unexplained by the scientists at that time. Maybe google Lourdes and miracles for more info.

Apollonaut: so are you saying that there is more to life than science?
    meaning: there are more to this world than the observable scientific results?

have you had any personal experience with the "supernatural" realm?
    i'm curious to hear it.. (also if anybody else have ever experienced this 'weird' unexplainable phenomenom).
    but please, no "feelings" or "emotional" talks B.S,
    only REAL supernatural pheomenoms that's still can't be explained in scientific realm.
    i'm really curious if these things does exist , and not just pure nonsense or "bullcraps" ('cuz it might really prove that there is another, and greater dimension than ours!)
    Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, oil your brain, before it starts to rust...

MBTI
    yupp

When i was younger believed in tarot and psychics and special powers and astrology and ghosts. Now I just hope I'm right about their being no hell. Though I do believe a bit in the supernatural, like when I had a dream of my cat visiting me days before she died. Like it was her way of telling me bye, like she knew.That dream will always stick with me, and mean something special.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Apollanaut View Post
    Yeah, I've had many "supernatural" experiences, starting at school when I watched my best friend slowly levitate to the ground after he fell off a high window ledge! I have personally experienced telepathy, precognition and remote viewing. I can often "feel" energy fields around people or objects. Several years ago, I taught myself to actually see these fields (auras). I have some friends with even more amazing abilities, including several mediums. Curiously, when I am around these people I can copy their abilities to a degree and "see" what they see (eg. spirits and ghosts).

I remain a scientist at heart - so-called "supernatural" phenomena will one day be explainable by science. My own theory is that there is some interaction between the archetypes of the collective unconscious and the material world. In other words, all "psychic" phenomena occur at the boundary between the inner and outer worlds. Incidentally, Carl Jung thought so too - he was friends with the quantum physicist Pauli, with whom he like to discuss such matters.
    Apollonaut: do you also believe in the existence of outer-dimensions, that's unseen from our world & universe ?
    does some supernatural phenomenoms like ghosts, "aura", feeling 'energy', can perhaps be associated with these yet-unseen dimensions? (that can't be explored by our five-senses).
    is it possible?
    has there been some scientific attempts in this field? what's the result? are they (scientists) still remain skeptical at large? and still view our world & Universe as being "the only ONE out there" ? or not anymore?
    just wondering

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'm an atheist and most certainly am NOT religious whatsoever.

I hate the word spiritual and I don't think that I am spiritual but I am something a bit more than just a cold hard skeptic.

I am very attracted to anomalous occurrences and possible alternate "truths" behind things.

But I cannot state this enough, I SOOOOOO DO NOT BELIEVE IN THE EXISTENCE OF A "GOD" creature/entity.

But I do view life as being mysterious and intricately multi-dimensional.

Fact is stranger than fiction and I am fascinated by the crazy shit that actually is/exists.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Apollonaut: do you also believe in the existence of outer-dimensions, that's unseen from our world & universe ?
    does some supernatural phenomenoms like ghosts, "aura", feeling 'energy', can perhaps be associated with these yet-unseen dimensions? (that can't be explored by our five-senses).
    is it possible?
    has there been some scientific attempts in this field? what's the result? are they (scientists) still remain skeptical at large? and still view our world & Universe as being "the only ONE out there" ? or not anymore?
    just wondering
    I have no idea if anyone's actually tried to collect data on extra dimensions. It seems like it would be rather hard to do in the first place. However, I have thought the same things you've described. I imagine reality (as in dimensions 1-4 which we experience) like a room bordered by a many-feet-thick-wall where some spots have shoddy craftsmanship and are thin (these spots can be places or people or things, I've realised). Sometimes, I think they're so thin that you can "overhear" (read: experience) what's on the other side.

And there are many theories regarding multiverses, but none of them are substantial enough to be explored yet. I'm not sure if it's that we don't have the technology for it or that we haven't figured out enough of the things related to it to even begin to test the theories. For exmaple, we're still just starting to figure out things related to: quantum physics, what dark matter even is, what is dark energy and is that real, how the Big Bang started, the result of the continuing expansion of the universe...and on and on and on.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Apollanaut View Post
    I didn't mention it before - but I am an amateur astrologer. I went from total skepticism to utter amazement that an esoteric system such as astrology can yield highly accurate information!
    what things in astrology have yielded highly accurate information that you know of? I'm curious

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

is it possible?
    just wondering
    String theory is an attempt by physicists to unify the four fundamental forces in nature (gravity, electromagnetism, and the strong and weak nuclear forces). It postulates the existence of up to six or seven extra dimensions, though possibly at a microscopically small scale:

String theory - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Other physicists speculate on the possibility of infinite parallel universes (the multiverse):

Multiverse - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My own intuition is there are indeed extra dimensions hidden from our usual perceptions, and it is highly possible that they are involved in psychic or supernatural phenomena. I'd even go further and speculate that the archetypes of the collective unconscious are not confined to the minds of sentient beings alone, but have part of their existence in these hidden dimensions.

All very mystical, I know, but many scientists have suggested that there are universal patterns or templates in nature, which guide the formation of just about everything material (matter and energy). What are these patterns if not "Archetypes"?
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by placebo View Post
    what things in astrology have yielded highly accurate information that you know of? I'm curious
    My own birthchart predicts that I will fall in love with someone from another country, then later in life possibly move to that country. I read this prediction after I had met my Kiwi partner and emigrated to New Zealand!

If a draw up a chart for another person, I like to follow it up with a face-to-face consultation. During these discussions, facts relating to that person often pop into my head - things that I couldn't otherwise know. For example, I "saw" that a work collegue was actively looking at job vacancies, and that a more technical job would suit her better than her current admin role. Not only was this true, but she subsequently did get a technical post in another company.
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

And if I only could,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush