• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] NF-NT pairing

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
I kind of think a women who could be totally objective in telling me when I'm fucking up/being an asshole/being unrealistic in a completely "GZA, you are being an asshole" kind of way would be fantastic, especially if I could say the same to her without it being hugely offensive and personal. I guess thats NTJ in MBTI terms... I also like that in theory at least they wouldn't be needy. My own paradigm is to not really need people and be dependant but rather to have your own focused vision, and someone who is dependant and needy to an extreme would make it feel like babysitting.

I havn't dated much though, most of the girls I've had pseudo-relationships with seemed to be either regular airheads with no real personality (boring!) or some kind of ExFP. As you may have guessed, I didn't really like them much romantically/sexually as I kind of got to know them, so cross those off the list :laugh:

ENFJ seems kind of ideal. Intense and fiery... really any ENXJ kind of personality is attractive to me.

ENTP's would be great as a fling ;)

Chris_in_Orbit

MBTI Type
ESTJ
I'm definitely attracted to NTs and ISxJs (i know, wtf)

Even though INTJs seem nice and all, I think I would want to be with an ENTJ or ENTP ideally.

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
ENFJ seems kind of ideal. Intense and fiery... really any ENXJ kind of personality is attractive to me.

ENTP's would be great as a fling ;)

I like ENFJs a lot too~ They're so playful!
My sister is an ENTJ, and if you want someone opinionated and straight-out, then you might be looking in the right place with one of them ;)

heart

heart on fire
I just always think I would have driven an NT crazy and not in the good way!

Desperado44

MBTI Type
ENFJ
I am insanely attracted to INFJ's.....There is something about an introverted feeler that drives me nuts......in a good way. If they are in a crowd....I will find them....

I am right on the border of an E and an I......so I love that quiet, private, feeler.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Hmm, NTs, they can be attractive, yes, but also exhausting.

I feel whenever I interact with NTs my Te is on the defensive, (and I fully admit that this can be due to my own personal issues), I feel like NTs value themselves based almost entirely upon their intellect, and I feel like they can be a bit intellectually competitive with me, and I hate that.

A secure, chill NT is super hawt, however.

I dunno, as of late I have been wondering what it would be like to be romantically involved with an NF, it might be nice, I think.

I have always been attracted to NTs, however, both in my platonic and romantic relationships. I wonder if at times I even attempt to emulate them. :/

I am attracted to cold-ish guys, translation: I_T_s, but I am wondering if that tendency needs some major tinkering with.

I'm rambling. :/

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
yeah, i'm not sure i can stand an overcritical NT either. maybe i should focus on NF's, but then again, one without a well evolved T side could be annoying.

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
I am insanely attracted to INFJ's.....There is something about an introverted feeler that drives me nuts......in a good way. If they are in a crowd....I will find them....

I am right on the border of an E and an I......so I love that quiet, private, feeler.

You have good taste ;p

V

violaine

I've only dated one NT, he was INTJ. Best relationship so far. I know that he has never opened up to someone the way he did with me and I trusted him like no other.

I really like my NT friends too.

soleil

MBTI Type
ENFP
I had a very bad experience with an INTJ. What a fucking dickhole! He was narcissitic and cold. I would say he was 100% T. I had to pretend like I had no feelings to be around him. Argh. Otherwise, NT-NF relationships could work really well.

runvardh

にゃん
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
May I admit something? I feel like INFPs are the irresistible force. Like they can have whatever/whomever they want because they're so mysterious and strong. I always feel unequal to them. :(

I hope you mean INFP females, us guys aren't quite THAT irresistable... :rolli:

As for answering the OP, I suppose my dealings with NTs have been the easiest and most natural.

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
I hope you mean INFP females, us guys aren't quite THAT irresistable... :rolli:

As for answering the OP, I suppose my dealings with NTs have been the easiest and most natural.

Nah, I think we kick some ass too. It's too bad we get labelled as the biggest pussies/nice guys, and it's even worse that many fulfill this stereotype. I think INFP's either fall into Pink's mysterious, strong, and intense paradigm or they sink into the passive/too nice paradigm.

Cause I think the whole fully realized INFP being all passion, all drive, and all absolute self mastery translates into sexuality quite excellently. But I guess not all INFP's, or even all people at large, are fully realized individuals.

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
Some of the things Kiersey mentions in his book are so general. Some of his pairings, I totally disagree with. Other parts of his writing are very very true!

In my long-term dating experiences, I've been lucky to date mostly NTs/NFs; +a few SPs.

For the most part, his suggested ideal partner for an ENFP- INTJ, wasn't so ideal. I wasn't really moved by him. I didn't really feel like he 'enhanced' my life. In fact, being around him depleted my energy. Plus, I didn't like the fact that he was a little jealous to the point of controlling.

With the NFs, I tended to get along more.. mostly with my ENFP ex, whom I felt like was my ideal match (except the part where he didn't really physically do it for me). Every moment was light-hearted, fun and took me back to a feeling of comfort, a sense of nostalgia. I really felt like a kid at heart with him, that no matter what, he loved me for 'Me.'

My ideal match? An ENFP who's at least 5 years older than me (hopefully, an Aries or Leo, lol). I think when it comes to matches, there are also other important factors such values (political, family, social). I don't dig guys who are materialistic/all about the money. That frickin turns me off. If anything turns me off more, it's the mentality that a guy thinks he can win a woman over by showing off materialistic possessions- it just screams insecure to me (perhaps, compensation for a lack of various factors)..

Great topic!

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
Is there a thread of S+N types? Because I don't think we're giving some of the S types enough credit; I've had a load of fun with some SPs too, even as just friends.

GZA

Resident Snot-Nose
MBTI Type
infp
Is there a thread of S+N types? Because I don't think we're giving some of the S types enough credit; I've had a load of fun with some SPs too, even as just friends.
Make the thread, it sounds good.

karenk

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've only dated one NT, he was INTJ. Best relationship so far. I know that he has never opened up to someone the way he did with me and I trusted him like no other.

I really like my NT friends too.

INTJ has been the only NT relationship I've had. I wasn't into mbti back then even though he told me his type. So I took everything for granted - not realizing what was natural/unnatural for the type. I actually think it may have worked out better that way. It was my most successful relationship.

sakuraba

Permabanned
MBTI Type
(y)
Enneagram
7w8
I like other intuitives.

I wouldn't want to LIVE with a sensor. Not as a partner anyways.

There was this ISFP girl once... a few years ago, I started having some feeling for her. We got along great. But then I realized the ONLY reason we get along is because she agrees with anything/everything I said. Never challenged me. Rarely (if ever) stuck up for herself. She couldn't match me mentally or spiritually. I came to the conclusion that she was an introverted bimbo.

She was like an empty slate that I could mold into whatever I wanted. It was too easy. Once I realized that, it was a turn off. She also had a tendency to "sweep things under the rug" instead of talking them out... which drove me crazy. She basically became my b*tch.

ESFP's - fun but slutty. Zero mystery at all. Constant misunderstanding. They are all the same! Especially when young, they all have the same wannabe rock star persona. Think too highly of themselves. Immature and irresponsible. Their lack of self discipline and self respect is a turn off. I swear, every season of "The Real World" on MTV, they typecast an ESFP and they always end up the same. Still though, at the end of the day - I could have a good time with an ESFP, but never relate to them on a deeper level.

ISFJ/ESFJ - annoying. boring. naggy. prude-ish. They think I'm crazy.

ST's - no thanks.

So that would leave NT/NF... I could pass as either.

I don't know if I've ever met a NT female, but I could see it working. NF's are great. They ARE very sensitive though, which is a good thing and a bad thing from my perspective.

gloomy-optimist

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
ESFPs often aren't the deepest people, but man, if you wanna just let loose and have a good time, they're the people to do it with. I think they help save me from the depths of my soul and bring back to the fun side of life :D
And my best friend ever is ESTP; they don't have an "apparent" depth, maybe, but he understands mine and humors me with it. He's curious and exciting and sometimes brutally honest, but never in a mean way (towards me; he can be pretty cruel about other people). He's the "doing" to my "theorizing."

But yeah; NTs and NFs are really awesome too~ I've liked a few ENFJs and there are quite a few NTs that I get along with really well :) I don't think I could complain with a good rounded NT~