First 7891011 Last

Thread: NF-NT pairing

MBTI
    INFP

Very...
    Thank you iwakar.

MBTI
    INFJ

I'm roughly 2+ years into a relationship with an INTP. For me, it's a very nice match.

~ His tendency to underexpress emotion provides a feeling of stability and security. Just being around him helps me calm down when I'm upset. It's like going into a quiet, peaceful room where I can rest.
    ~ Underexpression of emotion does not mean lack of feeling. He cares very deeply about a number of things, including our relationship.
    ~ I love the way he uses humor to call attention to my occasional irrationality. It diffuses my inner stress and creates a moment of shared intimacy when I realize that he can read my thoughts.
    ~ He rarely takes things personally. It's difficult to offend him.
    ~ The Ni/Ti combination is so helpful at times. He explains in careful detail what I "just know".
    ~ My flights of fancy amuse rather than annoy or confuse him.

I know there are some negatives, but at the moment I'm having a hard time coming up with them. Oh, yeah...

~ He really doesn't seem to care about social expectations. Sometimes I wish he would.
    ~ I can't always intuit his emotional state, and he doesn't often express it explicitly and in careful detail (as I do). It's not so terrible that he doesn't, but it just means I'm hindered from catering to it (as I'd like to).
    ~ Occasionally it makes me sad for him, to imagine how disconnected he feels from other people. We've talked about this a lot. He doesn't seem to care that he's disconnected, but it does seem a shame from my point of view.

There are many more positives and negatives, of course, but I tried to limit it to things that seem more generalizable to our mbti types.

MBTI
    INFJ

I've observed two NF-NT relationships - one between my parents, the other me and my ENTJ ex.

Mum is INTP and Dad INFJ - there seems to really be love there, but Dad gets on Mum's nerves sometimes by being quite distant and grouchy - particularly when she's sick. I guess he doesn't like the lack of control when he wants her to be well. But I've definitely learned a lot watching their relationship, and try to learn from Dad's behaviour how I could change my own and from Mum a rational perspective. Always easier to learn from other people.

My ex and I really connected due to the whole discussion of ideas thing. We were together for about a year. It was the emotional/rational dynamic which threw us off in the end. He wanted to become a multi-millionaire, and I wanted to go help developing nations. Looking back it was when we shared these goals that things started going down-hill.

Atm I'm starting to fall for this INTJ at uni.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Fife, that seems less emotional/rational and more values based; but that's a comment based on the little information given.

I dated an INTP for a few months then ran after getting scared of the heat. I didn't have near the confidence I do now, not that I have much now. LOL
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFJ

Hmm, good point. The way we dealt with conflict was the major area which showcased the difference type-wise.

I dated an INTP for a few months then ran after getting scared of the heat.
    Heat in what sense?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Fife View Post
    Heat in what sense?

I didn't feel I was worth it; didn't know at that time NTs don't let you have that untill they find you worthy. I was young and dumb, still kind of am I think.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFJ

Hmm, definitely relate to that feeling (and condition!)

Yargh. Another INTJ mate of mine was trolling me IRL for the past few weeks. I was ignoring it, so he kept going to find my limit. Frustrating, but funny at the same time.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Fife View Post
    Hmm, definitely relate to that feeling (and condition!)

Yargh. Another INTJ mate of mine was trolling me IRL for the past few weeks. I was ignoring it, so he kept going to find my limit. Frustrating, but funny at the same time.
    I say kiss him, giggle and watch how uncomfortable he gets.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    IEI

I dated an INTP for a few months then ran after getting scared of the heat. I didn't have near the confidence I do now, not that I have much now. LOL
    This is so true. OMG. Just, yes. INTPs have a secret Fe weapon capable of affection overload. May they use their powers for good instead of evil.
    4w3, IEI, so/sx/sp, female, and Cancer sign.

My thoughts on...
    Enneagram:
    Socionics:
    MBTI:

DISCLAIMER: If I offend you, I'm 99.9% sure it's unintentional. So be sure to let me know, m'kay? (And yes, an INFP would stick this in their signature, lol.)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
    This is so true. OMG. Just, yes. INTPs have a secret Fe weapon capable of affection overload. May they use their powers for good instead of evil.
    Na, let the evil rain baby , two introverts need to spice things up some how

On that note: I have yet to sleep with a T...

INFP, 6w7, IEI

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]