User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Thread: NF-NT pairing

MBTI
    ISTP

I don't think I could complain with a good rounded NT
    Same here

Disclaimer: I can't say I've met that many NTs so my experience/expertise in this area is very limited

I don't think I could get along particularly well with an ENTJ, though I really respect them, because my inefficiency would probably seriously piss them off.

Haven't met an confirmed INTJ though I'm interested to see how it'd play out.
    Judging by responses here it could either be really good or really bad. Reasons why I'd hold back - would he be too cold/narcissistic/assuming/overconfident? That could piss me off. But what I'd like about the relationship, from theory, would be the intellectual stimulation! And grounding effect/focus Probably more but i'd have to live it to tell it.

I like ENTPs as platonic friends, maybe even romantic but (strange as this sounds) they might be a bit too energetic/extroverted for me. This is quite possibly because I'm an ENFP.

I like INTPs... Romantically and platonically. I love bouncing ideas off them Their cynicism/skepticism (is there such a word?) come in really handy when I'm drawing up my big world-saving plans hehehe But INTPs may lack the security/steadiness that I really need in romantic relationships. Sometimes they just seem to be wafting... around... and I don't know... if that's an okay thing - like, did I do something to piss them off? If so, what?

No reason why i posted that icon i just think its cute haha :P

MBTI
    INFJ

I like the idea of dating an NT, though I never have. In fact I have only dated one person and I am hesitant to type them.

I see a lot of NF couples where I go to college, and they seem to be successful.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Enneagram 4w5 social

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    May I admit something? I feel like INFPs are the irresistible force. Like they can have whatever/whomever they want because they're so mysterious and strong. I always feel unequal to them.
    I get the same feeling. INFP has something amazing.

Though there is one of the NT types that works perfectly. Not sure which they are though. Short description would be love crossing the lines of political correctness, organised but not rigid, insanely good at learning things in all areas, pretty good people understanding, evil streak, laid back, doesn't force the issue too much unless it matters, like an encyclopedia in most conversations and across a range of areas, great people skills and ability to read them... not even sure if an NT, don't think is an NF, though meets our views in lots of ways.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by soleil View Post
    I had a very bad experience with an INTJ. What a fucking dickhole! He was narcissitic and cold. I would say he was 100% T. I had to pretend like I had no feelings to be around him. Argh. Otherwise, NT-NF relationships could work really well.
    LOL!!!

My ex was 100% T, too. :horor:

He was pretty self-obsessed, definitely cold, and could at times be a dickhole, aka, a urethra.

He was an *only child* and I am pretty sure he was an ISTP, though.

If an NT/ST is kind and is somewhat in touch with his emotions, or at the very least sensitive to mine...
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    INFP

Default NF-NT pairing

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainChick View Post
    LOL!!!

My ex was 100% T, too. :horor:

He was pretty self-obsessed, definitely cold, and could at times be a dickhole, aka, a urethra.

He was an *only child* and I am pretty sure he was an ISTP, though.

If an NT/ST is kind and is somewhat in touch with his emotions, or at the very least sensitive to mine...
    I think it depends on the NT. My ex was supposedly an INTJ, but a real jerk, terrible father, worse husband, abusive verbally and physically at times: a real controlling bastard.

The current INTJ I'm seeing is great but we share values, goals, even have similar histories (both eldest children and Vietnam was our era, though I was a protestor and he was a Marine gunnery sergeant on the front lines).

I love drawing him out and I trust him implicitly. Conversations, long and very N, are great too. Though I have a JD and he has only one year of college, he has this insatiable thirst for knowledge and can explain physics to me so that it seems like poetry. He writes science fiction while I write about the geography of the human heart but we have a great time bouncing ideas off each other.

Maybe b/c of all this, the physical side of our relationship is AWESOME--adventurous and fun.

So far, the best relationship I've had to date.
    It's a blessing...and a curse.

Originally Posted by Anja
    I don't have room for shame in my life.

INFJ, 4w5 sx

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by cherchair View Post
    I think it depends on the NT. My ex was supposedly an INTJ, but a real jerk, terrible father, worse husband, abusive verbally and physically at times: a real controlling bastard.
    My dad was an INTPenis abusive prick!!!

I am sorry you had to deal with that,

The current INTJ I'm seeing is great but we share values, goals, even have similar histories (both eldest children and Vietnam was our era, though I was a protestor and he was a Marine gunnery sergeant on the front lines).

I love drawing him out and I trust him implicitly. Conversations, long and very N, are great too. Though I have a JD and he has only one year of college, he has this insatiable thirst for knowledge and can explain physics to me so that it seems like poetry. He writes science fiction while I write about the geography of the human heart but we have a great time bouncing ideas off each other.

Maybe b/c of all this, the physical side of our relationship is AWESOME--adventurous and fun.

So far, the best relationship I've had to date.

You are sooooooooooooo pulling at my NF idealist heartstrings!!!

Congratulations to you both, it sounds like you deserve each other's awesomeness.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2
    Socionics
    ?

Default NF-NT inrto/extro

So MBTI information says that us extroverts go best with an introvert. My ENFJ match is ISTP shadow or INTP. I have found the last two introvert guys I dated to be not matching in the long term since I am so extroverted altough I was seriously feeling chemistry in the mostpart. My ENFJ friend said the same thing that after a long time she ends up going to social events by herself and I found myself babysitting the introvert guys and having them by my side the whole night when I want to meet new people.

Anyone else have this experince in the inverse or similar? Have you ENFJ's dated our INTP supposed match or vice versa?

MBTI
    INFJ

I spent 5 of the past 7 years with an INTJ female. At the time, I enjoyed that life. In hindsight, it seems empty ...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

I've dated an ENTP for the past three years and we comunicate quite well. He's not 100% T thank God, and he does have his abstract thoughts every now and again and it's fun to be around with him. Very optimistic and fun. He likes to argue sometimes but nothing serious. He's a very supportive guy and we're a great team.
    ENFP 4w5

MBTI
    ENFP

Yeah, I think I'd get along well with an NT girl, especially since I think my Te is pretty well developed, and I love intellectual/rational conversation almost as much as people-based Ne type conversation. I generally get along well with NTs, and even some of my ST friends I like best when they are using their more iNtuitive sides.

It's not romantic, but one of my best friends ever (who's a girl) is an INTJ. We do a lot of the "long N-filled conversation" type stuff, frequently followed by her, with her judging preference, chastising me for my complete lack of organization/preparation/planning for some duty or another, but in a way that doesn't annoy me, as it does when other people do, such as my VERY ESTJ stepmother (who I love a lot, don't get me wrong).