First 23456 Last

Thread: NF-NT pairing

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

NT girls = hot imo
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    ENFP

I had a very bad experience with an INTJ. What a fucking dickhole! He was narcissitic and cold. I would say he was 100% T. I had to pretend like I had no feelings to be around him. Argh. Otherwise, NT-NF relationships could work really well.
    Ombaaraminayasabaha
    4w5 sx/so/sp

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    May I admit something? I feel like INFPs are the irresistible force. Like they can have whatever/whomever they want because they're so mysterious and strong. I always feel unequal to them.
    I hope you mean INFP females, us guys aren't quite THAT irresistable... :rolli:

As for answering the OP, I suppose my dealings with NTs have been the easiest and most natural.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by runvardh View Post
    I hope you mean INFP females, us guys aren't quite THAT irresistable... :rolli:

As for answering the OP, I suppose my dealings with NTs have been the easiest and most natural.
    Nah, I think we kick some ass too. It's too bad we get labelled as the biggest pussies/nice guys, and it's even worse that many fulfill this stereotype. I think INFP's either fall into Pink's mysterious, strong, and intense paradigm or they sink into the passive/too nice paradigm.

Cause I think the whole fully realized INFP being all passion, all drive, and all absolute self mastery translates into sexuality quite excellently. But I guess not all INFP's, or even all people at large, are fully realized individuals.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

Some of the things Kiersey mentions in his book are so general. Some of his pairings, I totally disagree with. Other parts of his writing are very very true!

In my long-term dating experiences, I've been lucky to date mostly NTs/NFs; +a few SPs.

For the most part, his suggested ideal partner for an ENFP- INTJ, wasn't so ideal. I wasn't really moved by him. I didn't really feel like he 'enhanced' my life. In fact, being around him depleted my energy. Plus, I didn't like the fact that he was a little jealous to the point of controlling.

With the NFs, I tended to get along more.. mostly with my ENFP ex, whom I felt like was my ideal match (except the part where he didn't really physically do it for me). Every moment was light-hearted, fun and took me back to a feeling of comfort, a sense of nostalgia. I really felt like a kid at heart with him, that no matter what, he loved me for 'Me.'

My ideal match? An ENFP who's at least 5 years older than me (hopefully, an Aries or Leo, lol). I think when it comes to matches, there are also other important factors such values (political, family, social). I don't dig guys who are materialistic/all about the money. That frickin turns me off. If anything turns me off more, it's the mentality that a guy thinks he can win a woman over by showing off materialistic possessions- it just screams insecure to me (perhaps, compensation for a lack of various factors)..

Great topic!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

Is there a thread of S+N types? Because I don't think we're giving some of the S types enough credit; I've had a load of fun with some SPs too, even as just friends.

MBTI
    infp

Quote Originally Posted by gloomy-optimist View Post
    Is there a thread of S+N types? Because I don't think we're giving some of the S types enough credit; I've had a load of fun with some SPs too, even as just friends.
    Make the thread, it sounds good.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by sanveane View Post
    I've only dated one NT, he was INTJ. Best relationship so far. I know that he has never opened up to someone the way he did with me and I trusted him like no other.

I really like my NT friends too.

INTJ has been the only NT relationship I've had. I wasn't into mbti back then even though he told me his type. So I took everything for granted - not realizing what was natural/unnatural for the type. I actually think it may have worked out better that way. It was my most successful relationship.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    (y)
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTP

I like other intuitives.

I wouldn't want to LIVE with a sensor. Not as a partner anyways.

There was this ISFP girl once... a few years ago, I started having some feeling for her. We got along great. But then I realized the ONLY reason we get along is because she agrees with anything/everything I said. Never challenged me. Rarely (if ever) stuck up for herself. She couldn't match me mentally or spiritually. I came to the conclusion that she was an introverted bimbo.

She was like an empty slate that I could mold into whatever I wanted. It was too easy. Once I realized that, it was a turn off. She also had a tendency to "sweep things under the rug" instead of talking them out... which drove me crazy. She basically became my b*tch.

ESFP's - fun but slutty. Zero mystery at all. Constant misunderstanding. They are all the same! Especially when young, they all have the same wannabe rock star persona. Think too highly of themselves. Immature and irresponsible. Their lack of self discipline and self respect is a turn off. I swear, every season of "The Real World" on MTV, they typecast an ESFP and they always end up the same. Still though, at the end of the day - I could have a good time with an ESFP, but never relate to them on a deeper level.

ISFJ/ESFJ - annoying. boring. naggy. prude-ish. They think I'm crazy.

ST's - no thanks.

So that would leave NT/NF... I could pass as either.

I don't know if I've ever met a NT female, but I could see it working. NF's are great. They ARE very sensitive though, which is a good thing and a bad thing from my perspective.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

ESFPs often aren't the deepest people, but man, if you wanna just let loose and have a good time, they're the people to do it with. I think they help save me from the depths of my soul and bring back to the fun side of life
    And my best friend ever is ESTP; they don't have an "apparent" depth, maybe, but he understands mine and humors me with it. He's curious and exciting and sometimes brutally honest, but never in a mean way (towards me; he can be pretty cruel about other people). He's the "doing" to my "theorizing."

But yeah; NTs and NFs are really awesome too~ I've liked a few ENFJs and there are quite a few NTs that I get along with really well I don't think I could complain with a good rounded NT~