User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: NF-NT pairing

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

I don't know, I mean..Ideally, I'd want to marry an INFP, if that makes sense..but other then that, it seems most of my relationships have been in NTs, and I really like them..even as friends..most of my friends are INTP and ENTP.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

May I admit something? I feel like INFPs are the irresistible force. Like they can have whatever/whomever they want because they're so mysterious and strong. I always feel unequal to them.

MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7

I think I get along well with most Intuitive types.
    I have more NT friends but am more likely to get into a relationship with an NF- I think this has to do with gender more than anything else.
    NF guys are rare and NT chicks are very rare!
    I know probably 5-10 NT chicks out of the hundreds of women I've met in my life.
    Most girls are way too squealing and hugging and too filled with psuedo-happiness to be NT. Even the ENTP girls avoid such behavior..
    MBTI Type: iNTj
    Enneagram Type: 3w4 sp/sx

MBTI
    INFJ

NT's? Hmmmm, I dunno. I'd like to have them as friends, but I'm not sure about an NT as a romantic partner. The thing about me is that I would really need to feel loved and find a partner willing to show me plenty of affection in our relationship (that's not the only thing I look for, obviously, but it's important for me), and I can't imagine an NT giving that as much as an F. Then again, I don't have any experience with an NT, so maybe I'm wrong on this?

Personally, I would like to be with an NFP.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    May I admit something? I feel like INFPs are the irresistible force. Like they can have whatever/whomever they want because they're so mysterious and strong. I always feel unequal to them.
    Of what value is attracting people with your mystery and strength if they turn away in the face of the person you've had to become to seem strong and mysterious?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    INFp

NTs and I tend to get along well, but I don't know about a relationship with one; they are fun people, and my sister, roommate, and quite a few friends are NT.
    But communicating with them can be a real pain sometimes....they have a slight tendency not to listen to my ideas unless I try to pound it into their brains. They're fine otherwise, but talking politics, religion, anything like that, and they're really prone to just talk over you...
    But that might just be my experience with them. I do know a lot of very intelligent, headstrong, younger NTs, so I might be a bit too quick to judge Either way, I think I'll wait a few years before I really make a conclusion on that.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by nolla View Post
    I think Keirsey had to get to that conclusion or his NF wife wouldn't talk to him anymore. I wouldn't know personally, thought, since I'm not sure I've ever met NT girls.

Would an NT really change his published conclusions just to placate his wife? That would be absurd imho, but anything's possible. Anyway I consider my ideal (in theory) to be an enneagram 5 intp. I don't have that kind of interest in the other NT types though.

Banned
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I'm not really interested in an NT pairing unless it's an NTP (they tend to be more sensitive/flexy in their manner)... and especially not an STJ pair because T guys would tend to rely on me for all the F needs of the relationship and I'd really really hate that, I can't maintain it. I need some level of vulnerability and sensitive interaction and it would be like pulling teeth, it would always be up to me to initiate everything. That would SUCK. And with harder "T" types, my own T expressions would always feel second-rate.

So... no deal. (Although I love the intellectual level of conversation. But I can have that with ANYONE, I don't need to be romantically involved with someone to get that from them.)

That's why I tend to like the more Fe + N males, they're intuitive but they also have a consistent way of interaction with others that I can depend on and have some expectations for and so I wouldn't have to keep invest lots of energy to stay connected all the time, it would be easier to negotiate and know what you can count on and not count on. I mesh well with xNFJ.
    jennifer = <3

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by tENnisFJ View Post
    jennifer = <3
    Sorry, my bad -- I didn't look at the forum when I was posting (and mods can access all the private forums, so I didn't realize I was here!), I am going now!

"Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INFP

Funny thing is mostly NTs gravitate towards me while I "run" away from them because they get "stingy" if their Ts are too high for me . I appreciate them as very good friends though, they always crack me up and help me "reason" because I can get hysterical., it's always nice to have that necessary whack on the head.(usually NTJs) but NTPs are "fun".
    Sometimes I feel like I'm "on Mercury"-