User Tag List

12 Last

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram

Default NFs What Secrets Don't Know about your Type?

Hi,

I'm new to the forum. Just curious, what's a secret most people don't know about your type that would be a game changer? If you're curious about my take, check it out here and can't wait to hear yours:

Secrets Of The Enfj. A Closer Look At One Of The Myers-Briggs Personality Types. - YouTube

MBTI
    INFP

I'm an INFP, and people often see us as dreamy flower-children overflowing with feelings and tears. Snuggly.

In reality, there's a part of us that is cold and distant. It's something I struggle with. The dreamer aspect of this personality type can take a dark turn--when something or someone disappoints us, we have the tendency to retreat into our inner worlds and distance ourselves from whatever or whomever disappointed us. If you were friends with an INFP, and she suddenly disappeared from your life, you probably did something that disappointed her.
    "The world is indeed full of peril, and in it there are many dark places; but still there is much that is fair, and though in all lands love is now mingled with grief, it grows perhaps the greater." --J.R.R. Tolkien

SpaceCadetGoldStarBrigade Population: 1's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

INFPs don't live in a dream world, we play there. We live here with everyone else. Not all of us are naive. We realize how things are, that some people are rotten to the core, that not everyone shares our personal values. I really don't care what people do as long as it doesn't hurt others. Never mistake my kindness for weakness. Do so and I'll leave you behind. Otherwise, be who you are and love who you will.
    To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity. Douglas Adams

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation. Jim Hopper

como ningúna otra. Littleclaypot's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    297 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Fe

INFJ and I'm very logical.
    "Keep away from people who belittle your ambitions; small people always do that. The truly great make you feel that you, too, can become great." -Mark Twain

Ni>Fe>Ne>Fi>Si>Te>Ti>Se

http://kevan.org/johari?name=ms1204
    Likes Floki, Peter Deadpan liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

INFJs don't always need too caring and worried about social norms.
    "If the truth shall kill them, let them die"

468: The Truth Teller [4w5 - 6w5 - 8w7].
    Ni 45.1|Ne 38.4|Ti 35.1|Te 33.2|Fi 32.1|Si 30.2|Se 29.2|Fe 18.8

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

I really still care about and love people even if I disappear for a little bit. It's usually nothing personal and I'm probably just absorbing myself in whatever is right in front of me. I get sad when I lose a connection with someone because of this, even if I know it's my actions that caused it.

I can be logical and actually work in tech, as opposed to a people centered career. Oddly enough, I work on a team with INFPs. All in an Engineering/Systems department. Ne/Te serves us well.

I'm not always super optimistic, especially when I feel overwhelmed. When I get stressed, I can get stuck fixating on a past event and applying it to the future without seeing the bigger picture. I can also get completely lost in my memories and disconnect from the present. I think this is the grip of inferior Si.

I need alone time, especially when I am processing my feelings. I actually look forward to a night alone just processing. I also enjoy solitary activities that allow me to focus on myself, such as yoga and meditation.

I think being future oriented is misunderstood sometimes. I am future oriented as in I see the possibility/possible outcomes more so than the reality, but I have zero idea what I'll be doing a year from now and that doesn't worry me at all.
    Likes Crystal Winter Dream liked this post

Rebel with a Cause Crystal Winter Dream's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    174 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI Fe

I'm not being obsessive, I am being passionate.

SpaceCadetGoldStarBrigade Population: 1's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

My excursions into LaLa Land (don't want to speak for other INFPs on this one) aren't restricted to sun dappled forests and valleys dotted with castles. I also find myself in fog enshrouded bogs and desolate moors where the sun will never shine. Unless you've lived in a bubble of cheerful delusions, you know the cruelty and the ugliness that goes on in the world. An INFP can find themselves mired in these thoughts at times.

Then there's the realm betwixt (yes I used betwixt I enjoy archaic words) the light and the dark. The grey lands of things bittersweet and beautiful in their sadness. IMO truly the most fascinating of the three domains.

Anyway, the point is you can't appreciate a warm sunny day without knowing the bite of a cold grey winter. So when you see that INFP with their cerebral travel attire on all sun bleached and mud spattered, know the journey takes us all over the vast expanse of the realm of imagination. Maybe one of these days I'll find a map!
    To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity. Douglas Adams

Mornings are for coffee and contemplation. Jim Hopper

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEx None

Enfps arent as helpless or clueless, or superficial as many assume - and often have to learn repeatedly, the hard way.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”
    Likes Crystal Winter Dream, Abcdenfp liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

INFJs can be blunt and cynical.
    "If the truth shall kill them, let them die"

468: The Truth Teller [4w5 - 6w5 - 8w7].
    Ni 45.1|Ne 38.4|Ti 35.1|Te 33.2|Fi 32.1|Si 30.2|Se 29.2|Fe 18.8
    Likes Peter Deadpan liked this post