• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFs What Secrets Don't Know about your Type?

ChocTiramisu

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
Hi,

I'm new to the forum. Just curious, what's a secret most people don't know about your type that would be a game changer? If you're curious about my take, check it out here and can't wait to hear yours:

Secrets Of The Enfj. A Closer Look At One Of The Myers-Briggs Personality Types. - YouTube

Lucy_Ricardo

MBTI Type
INFP
I'm an INFP, and people often see us as dreamy flower-children overflowing with feelings and tears. Snuggly.

In reality, there's a part of us that is cold and distant. It's something I struggle with. The dreamer aspect of this personality type can take a dark turn--when something or someone disappoints us, we have the tendency to retreat into our inner worlds and distance ourselves from whatever or whomever disappointed us. If you were friends with an INFP, and she suddenly disappeared from your life, you probably did something that disappointed her.

INFPs don't live in a dream world, we play there. We live here with everyone else. Not all of us are naive. We realize how things are, that some people are rotten to the core, that not everyone shares our personal values. I really don't care what people do as long as it doesn't hurt others. Never mistake my kindness for weakness. Do so and I'll leave you behind. Otherwise, be who you are and love who you will.

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFJs don't always need too caring and worried about social norms.

adventureawaits

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I really still care about and love people even if I disappear for a little bit. It's usually nothing personal and I'm probably just absorbing myself in whatever is right in front of me. I get sad when I lose a connection with someone because of this, even if I know it's my actions that caused it.

I can be logical and actually work in tech, as opposed to a people centered career. Oddly enough, I work on a team with INFPs. All in an Engineering/Systems department. Ne/Te serves us well. :)

I'm not always super optimistic, especially when I feel overwhelmed. When I get stressed, I can get stuck fixating on a past event and applying it to the future without seeing the bigger picture. I can also get completely lost in my memories and disconnect from the present. I think this is the grip of inferior Si.

I need alone time, especially when I am processing my feelings. I actually look forward to a night alone just processing. I also enjoy solitary activities that allow me to focus on myself, such as yoga and meditation.

I think being future oriented is misunderstood sometimes. I am future oriented as in I see the possibility/possible outcomes more so than the reality, but I have zero idea what I'll be doing a year from now and that doesn't worry me at all.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm not being obsessive, I am being passionate.

My excursions into LaLa Land (don't want to speak for other INFPs on this one) aren't restricted to sun dappled forests and valleys dotted with castles. I also find myself in fog enshrouded bogs and desolate moors where the sun will never shine. Unless you've lived in a bubble of cheerful delusions, you know the cruelty and the ugliness that goes on in the world. An INFP can find themselves mired in these thoughts at times.

Then there's the realm betwixt (yes I used betwixt I enjoy archaic words) the light and the dark. The grey lands of things bittersweet and beautiful in their sadness. IMO truly the most fascinating of the three domains.

Anyway, the point is you can't appreciate a warm sunny day without knowing the bite of a cold grey winter. So when you see that INFP with their cerebral travel attire on all sun bleached and mud spattered, know the journey takes us all over the vast expanse of the realm of imagination. Maybe one of these days I'll find a map!

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Enfps arent as helpless or clueless, or superficial as many assume - and often have to learn repeatedly, the hard way.

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INFJs can be blunt and cynical.

Peter Deadpan

phallus impudicus
INFJs aren't all snowflakes. They can be angry or mean as fuck.

Type 4s aren't always socially inept hermits 100% of the time. They can also be funny. Being funny doesn't automatically make one a 6w7.

LucieCat

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
We ENFPs actually are capable of being rather harsh and snappy. We don't anger easily, but when we do we tend to scare everyone the area.
It doesn't happen often. But if you violate our values one too many times, we flip.
For me, it's typically due to people treating people terribly.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Biggest secret of all: A member of a type can be anything except not their type.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
...Type 4s aren't always socially inept hermits 100% of the time...
I resemble that remark. :flirty:

Actually, I don't think that is the stereotype for 4s. 5s perhaps if you add avid reader, researcher, etc.
4s are more often stereotyped as attention seekers trying to stand out to be unusual, being overly sensitive.
The socially inept hermit part of me I don't think is dead center E4. There are some underlying dichotomies in the type - wanting to be different, but needing a norm to be different off against, and such things. There is one way of approaching the logic of E4 that does naturally lead to complete authenticity un-influenced by anyone that can lead to the hermit mindset, but you can follow E4 reasoning to many other, very different conclusions.

Actually the worst possible stereotype for an E4 is any stereotype at all.