• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[MBTI General] Have you ever dyed your hair an unnatural color?

What unnatural color have you dyed your hair?

• Red

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Orange

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • Yellow

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Green

• Turquoise

• Blue

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Purple

• Magenta

• Pink

• Rainbow

• Grey/Silver

• White?

• Black?

• Total voters

Upnextup

MBTI Type
INFJ
And when I say unnatural I'm talking rainbow type.

So, have you? If so what color(s) and did they/it suit you? Share your experiences here!

I'm thinking of going light pink cause I think it would look good on me (and be kickass) but I'm not sure I would want it that color everyday nor all the attention it might draw or attract. From the seasoned hair dye experts of TC (if you're out there) any advice for me?

I'm excited for responses! :smile:

Upnextup

MBTI Type
INFJ
Oh no! I meant to make it OK to have multiple poll answers! Oh well, the comments will have to do . . .

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I'm older now and work for a government agency in-house so my color options (while more flexible nowadays) have been limited. If I were younger and in a more casual job, I would probably be trying teal, pink, or some shade of blue... but that might be my RPG experience coming out... :alttongue:

I have done bold red highlights before and am considering doing a deep red henna for the fall/winter this year. I got really great compliments with the red highlighting before. it's not a natural color but has become acceptable. There are also a lot of black women who work in my agency, so they are always doing really interesting things with their hair even if not with a range of non-natural colors; a lot of those styles (with braids, etc) wouldn't look right on me, but it does offer some more flexibility / acceptance for experimentation.

I also used to cheat -- I'd buy the fake hair extensions that were colored exotic colors and insert them during non-work hours when I was going on. I usually got a number of compliments and people didn't know they were fake.

I have one friend who is Asian (is she Malaysian? Not sure -- she's moved around a lot so now I've lost track of where she started), and her skin is a darker shade, and she has looked really great in green, pink, red, and other colors.... she's done them all.

Yes. I've dyed it bright red, magenta, and black (if that counts) in the past. I've also had it fade to a hideous orange color once from the red (does that count also? lol).

Right now it's magenta again. I'm thinking of dying it another color like emerald green or royal purple in the future, but I feel most at home with a reddish shade because red's one of my top favorite colors. Although I think I'm probably going to go back to a dark, dark brown shade by Autumn. I change with the seasons. :spindance:

geedoenfj

The more you know..
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
My hair is been struggling for the last few years (hair loss and dryness) and I'm afraid dying it would exacerbate my problems..
Though I noticed it's restoring itself the last couple of months, so I might consider dying it with crazy colors in the future

My INFP sister usually dyes her with some unusual colors, the last time she dyed it blue, I have friends who did rainbows, holographic, velvet red etc. and I am jealous :dry:

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Partially dark green a few years ago. I don't like dyeing my hair.

Electric blue, red, orange, antifreeze green (a difficult shade to get right). When I was a teenager I actually put food coloring in my mohawk a few times. You can kind of layer colors and get some crazy effects but if it rains you're screwed! Otherwise I used some kind of semipermanent dye. Now I'm just going silver naturally. :sage:

VILLANELLE

MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I dyed my hair bright pink once. It was fun but the left over bleach in my hair wasn't. And then it washed out and I felt boring again.

I've also dyed my hair red, from your typical box dye, but it was pretty vibrant. I had a hair mask thing for it too and it made it kind of look cherry colored. That was interesting. I'm sticking with blonde permanently though, these days.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
No although I have done lowlights of reds and blonde, they weren't that far from my own dark brown natural color.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Terquise right after I turned 18. My Grandparents where the type who were incredibly strict until I turned 18 then it was " Do whatever you like."

Currently it is jet-black with one cherry-red streak.

Also, I bleached it once. Not ". Rainbow" but I like sharing the story: In HS we had thespian initiation. They made me dress as courtney love...because I was such a boring and conservative dresser they thought I wouldn't do it. I did the fuck out of it!

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
I did pink. Ive also done red and blonde and black.

Wish I had done more when I was younger tbh. Now if I do it Im afraid itll get in the way of getting a job.

Id do purple if I could. Or rainbow.

Methylene

Now with more salt.
MBTI Type
LVEF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I did red. Tried turquoise a few months ago but turned out dark green because I didn't bleach properly. Now I'm red again.
I may be doing purple, grey, or pastel colors as soon as I move out. I'd really like to experiment.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My hair is been struggling for the last few years (hair loss and dryness) and I'm afraid dying it would exacerbate my problems..
Though I noticed it's restoring itself the last couple of months, so I might consider dying it with crazy colors in the future

My INFP sister usually dyes her with some unusual colors, the last time she dyed it blue, I have friends who did rainbows, holographic, velvet red etc. and I am jealous :dry:
I have problems with my hair too. The hairdresser I go to uses a special coloring for dry hair that is supposed to help a little. I just go darker, but I admire the crazy colors when they are done right. :)

Norrsken

self murderer
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Dyed it a really black one time during my teens, I've had other colors but never in the unnatural shades, though I did sort of had bright red streaks here and there when I was around 14.
I want to dye it a pastel shade next once I get the funds for it.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Red, Pink, Purple, bleached, and also black. Purple was my favorite, not the whole head. I'm naturally dirty blonde.

Julius_Van_Der_Beak

Up the Wolves
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I died mine blue senior year of high school. I had to bleach it first, though.

I usually think it looks cool, regardless of color.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I dyed my entire head bright purple. Not highlights. Not tips. My whole head was purple. bees thought i was a flower

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
In my late teens/early 20s:

Atomic pink, with black tips

512JZSjl6pL.jpg

Electric blue (up in liberty/punk spikes, I briefly picked up the nickname Sonic, ha)

41wY4yQe7FL.jpg

Special Effects was the name of the brand. Semi-permanent, but kept pretty well.

My natural hair color is almost black, so I had to bleach it first. I would recommend going to a professional to do this, so you don't damage your hair too much (I went full DIY back then, burnt my scalp once).

@ The OP- if light pink is what you're after, search Google Images for "Special Effects dye Cupcake Pink." That may be what you're looking for.

Since about 2015, I've been rocking a L'Oreal Féria hair color that starts off a deep cherry unnatural red, then slowly fades to a rich, natural-looking auburn over the course of a month. It's like I get the best of both worlds. I didn't have to bleach my hair for this to come out nice & vibrant, so my hair's a lot healthier, these days.

If you go with home hair color, always check out reviews & frequently asked questions on that particular brand & shade.