User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INFJ

Default How Talkative are You? (Open to all types.)

So . . .
    How talkative are you? Are you shy? And if so, is there a reason why?

I'll answering this myself too but, later. I'm feeling very lazy.
    It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not.
    -a wise soul

I'm rather talkative, but I get silent when there are many people especially people I don't know well.
    “The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes." A.C. Doyle

The No Likes Experiment.

Likes geedoenfj liked this post

I will talk the ears off someone whose conversation and company I enjoy. (You poor souls, I'm sorry.)

In a group, my volume is directly at odds with the volume of the group at large. The louder they get, the quieter I get.
    "The purpose of life is to be defeated by greater and greater things." - Rainer Maria Rilke
    Likes Flâneuse, OrangeAppled liked this post

MBTI
    ENTP

I am overall a very talkative person and I have to make sure im not talking over others in fact . However I can be very quiet around people I dont know that well or those that make me feel not safe like I am fairly quiet around those who are aggressive and reactive since I dont like to invite conflict from them.

Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

In social settings, I barely talk, if I talk at all. With close acquaintances, I can be quite talkative when an interesting subject arrives.
    ''I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal" - Groucho Marx
    Likes Upnextup, OrangeAppled liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by tchudak View Post
    In social settings, I barely talk, if I talk at all. With close acquaintances, I can be quite talkative when an interesting subject arrives.
    Cool.

Thanks for the replies, guys.
    It's better to be hated for who you are than loved for who you're not.
    -a wise soul

SpaceCadetGoldStarBrigade Population: 1's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

I can go through the course of a day speaking only in a business capacity and otherwise not utter a word. In a social setting unless I know the people involved well I observe far more than I speak. Even if I'm directly addressed my answers are short and to the point.

Meanwhile in my mind it's a rambling monologue of ideas and observations.
    To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity. Douglas Adams

As per orders of the No likes experiment I am not liking posts for the duration.
    Likes Flâneuse, OrangeAppled liked this post

Dream without Hesitation Dreamer's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    792 so/sx
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Around friends, I sort of come and go with outward activity and energy and that's based on whether I'm in my head or not. That, I can't change. My mind does its own thing. One second I'll be in the moment, the next I'll be thinking on the meaning of life. Funny thing is, the thoughts I think of when I turn inwards almost never have to do with what I'm doing at the moment.

Around acquaintances or strangers, I'm very much an observer. I'll make friendly banter if someone approaches me, but eh, I'm more or less scoping the scene, what types of people are around me, what sort of social dynamics are at play here, and all that. (So dominance at play )

But! If I'm excited about something, anything really, I will talk your ear off! Doesn't matter whether you're a strange or close friend. I could go on and on about that new thing or idea.

I rarely talk at all around other people I don't know. I only go through small talk if someone else initiates. I'm very shy and rather taciturn in public settings. I've been told before that I appear stuck-up and unfriendly for this very reason. I think it's because I appear like a person who would be comfortable and open in their own skin, but then sometimes others are taken aback when they realize just how quiet I am, so they probably suspect I'm hiding something about myself or that I'm big-headed when it's really just social anxiety.

One thing I do though to try and counteract my extreme shyness is by wearing interesting clothing so that I don't fall too far into the background and as a way for me to express myself when I have a much harder time doing so in words. It's sometimes easier for me to get my point across about who I am in that way.

However, I can talk up a storm around close friends and family, sometimes to where they tell me I'm too loud and for me to shut up haha. It's a big 180 once I get really comfortable around someone.
    Like you - I am broken and fragile.
    Like you - I am tasting my heart for the first time.

- Christian Death, The Drowning

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

I enjoy in depth one on one conversations but an not much for groups.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639
    Likes FutureInProgress liked this post