• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[ENFP] This INTJ writer needs help with creating a realistic ENFP protagonist!

spectregrey

MBTI Type
INTJ
If any of you wonderful ENFPs could help me out, I'd appreciate it. I suspect my protagonist may be an ENFP, but it's hard to tell because of her circumstances, as she is forced to be alone.
Explanation:
All her life, she has had an unfortunate "superpower" type effect on people when they are near her. If anyone comes within a few meters of her, they immediately become afraid/disturbed and want to get away as soon as possible. Her greatest desire is to neutralize this effect. She has never had a friend.

My question is this:
If you, as an ENFP, always repelled people no matter what you did, if you were always forced to be alone, what would you do to cope? And then how would you react if suddenly people no longer hated you and instead began to adore you?

Maybe you have some examples of similar experiences, though maybe less extreme. Maybe you went through times of having no friends? Times where a majority of a group disliked you? Suddenly you became popular? What did you do to cope, and how did you behave? Or maybe you just know yourself well enough to get a good idea of how you'd cope. Either way, let me know your thoughts. They will help me decide whether my protagonist is realistic as an ENFP or if she is another type altogether. Thanks.

P.S. My protagonist also has a very strong faith in a higher power. If you're religious at all, feel free to use that in your explanation.

Starry

If any of you wonderful ENFPs could help me out, I'd appreciate it. I suspect my protagonist may be an ENFP, but it's hard to tell because of her circumstances, as she is forced to be alone.
Explanation:
All her life, she has had an unfortunate "superpower" type effect on people when they are near her. If anyone comes within a few meters of her, they immediately become afraid/disturbed and want to get away as soon as possible. Her greatest desire is to neutralize this effect. She has never had a friend.

My question is this:
If you, as an ENFP, always repelled people no matter what you did, if you were always forced to be alone, what would you do to cope? And then how would you react if suddenly people no longer hated you and instead began to adore you?

Maybe you have some examples of similar experiences, though maybe less extreme. Maybe you went through times of having no friends? Times where a majority of a group disliked you? Suddenly you became popular? What did you do to cope, and how did you behave? Or maybe you just know yourself well enough to get a good idea of how you'd cope. Either way, let me know your thoughts. They will help me decide whether my protagonist is realistic as an ENFP or if she is another type altogether. Thanks.

P.S. My protagonist also has a very strong faith in a higher power. If you're religious at all, feel free to use that in your explanation.

It would be difficult for me to put myself into the mindset of having lived an entire life where no human came close to me... but I have had periods of isolation in my life (some self-imposed as I've aged)... but like moving and attending a new school as a child. <-And honestly I don't remember them being especially traumatizing. Too this day I've got an enormous fantasy world going on in my head always available to me...and that's where I would go. And still go. Frankly, I'm trying to figure out how to go there permanently :wink:

Oh and animals - I became friends with every animal within a 10 mile radius of wherever I was living...and have for the most part always had a dog best friend.