• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[Ne] Ever have these N Moments?

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
First off, I'm not 100% sure this is an iNtuitive trait, or rather just a weird psychological phenomenon..

So here's the deal..sometimes I'll be doing something..talking to someone, hearing about something, reading about something, whatever it may be where I am gaining information, a symbol will come to me relating to the topic, which comes without any thinking..I do it unconsciously without even trying to..and when I do realize it, I am absolutely astonished that my brain can pick out a metaphor related to what I may be paying attention to without out me even purposely trying to..another phenomenon that occurs to me sometimes, which I'm sure is an N trait, and can occur when I'm taking in information, and without signaling my brain to do it, I will spontaneously get a verse of lyrics from a song that will instantly come to me related to what I may be thinking about, and not just lyrics about what I'm actually thinking about, but lyrics with metaphors and symbols, which is amazing, and I never intend it to happen, but it does all of the time..

Anyways, I hope you understand what I'm saying, and I want to know if this ever occurs to anyone else..

-I will also be posting this on the NT section, to see what those rationals can tell me :) (hoping that copying and pasting this thread somewhere else is allowed).

:):)

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
I've done this before.. I'm a very symbolic-oriented person, so I definitely relate symbols and messages to my daily life often.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
But I do it unconsciously, they come naturally without any intentions, and I'm like "WTF" when they first pop up, but then I think about it, and am utterly amazed.

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Well good for you? I can't relate, usually when my mind wonders to something, I'm right there with it.

Brendan

Guerilla Urbanist
MBTI Type
ENFJ
All the time. Actually I don't feel I understand a concept until I can make an analogy for it.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Well good for you?

ah, sorry I guess I didn't mean it the way you might have interpreted it, I was just putting that out there, to see if anyone specifically could relate, but it's pretty much a dead thread..I wasted my time..but thanks for your post!

DigitalMethod

Content. Content?
MBTI Type
INTJ
Sometimes my mind will reach conclusions somewhat subconsciously. Like your sitting there thinking about something, and it's as if someone hits the fast-forward button for a few seconds. Then you're like "Woa, what just happened?"
And sometimes my mind will automatically attach metaphors and analogies to situations.
Not really images or symbols though...

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Good way to put it, I get the results before I think about the information.

IEE623

MBTI Type
NeXx
First off, I'm not 100% sure this is an iNtuitive trait, or rather just a weird psychological phenomenon..

So here's the deal..sometimes I'll be doing something..talking to someone, hearing about something, reading about something, whatever it may be where I am gaining information, a symbol will come to me relating to the topic, which comes without any thinking..I do it unconsciously without even trying to..and when I do realize it, I am absolutely astonished that my brain can pick out a metaphor related to what I may be paying attention to without out me even purposely trying to..another phenomenon that occurs to me sometimes, which I'm sure is an N trait, and can occur when I'm taking in information, and without signaling my brain to do it, I will spontaneously get a verse of lyrics from a song that will instantly come to me related to what I may be thinking about, and not just lyrics about what I'm actually thinking about, but lyrics with metaphors and symbols, which is amazing, and I never intend it to happen, but it does all of the time..

You should thank your Ne function :D isn't it just amazing? :D

BookLady

MBTI Type
ENFP
frequently

I have this regularly and I am an ENFP.

Anyways, I hope you understand what I'm saying, and I want to know if this ever occurs to anyone else..

-I will also be posting this on the NT section, to see what those rationals can tell me :) (hoping that copying and pasting this thread somewhere else is allowed).

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
wait, so this is an Ne trait? How can that be? I find myself to be pretty Introverted, by who can tell..

Travo7

MBTI Type
IN??
Enneagram
IDK
As an INFP your primary function is Introverted Feeling, followed by Extroverted Intuition as your auxiliary. You still are an introvert, but your intuition is extroverted.

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

This happens to me all the time! If I'm working on a difficult problem, sometimes the answer will come in the form of a song. I usually don't notice at first, so the music becomes louder and louder until I finally realise that the lyrics contain the solution I'm looking for! It still amazes me when this happens.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Oh yes. It comes and goes almost as if it has a mind of it's own! Would be nice to be able to rely on it. . .

jtanSis1

MBTI Type
INFP
It's a NF only thing, so all NF's enjoy this ability to make intuitive leaps in metaphors. Thank Intuitive ability for insights.

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
As a dominant Ne user, my whole world revolves around metaphors and symbols. These connections come to me first (so I'm not "utterly amazed" by them!) and then I'm able to analyze after the fact. This is a good example of the difference between Ne-Fi and Fi-Ne. In your post you said a symbol will come up unconsciously related to what you are thinking about. What I'm thinking about IS the symbol- the connection - because our main function is unconscious like you describe. That is definitely an "N" moment, though. That's Ne by definition. I feel like I can imagine the way an INTP or an INFP skips to ideas pretty clearly. Do you feel the same about ENTP's and ENFP's?

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
Oh yes. It comes and goes almost as if it has a mind of it's own! Would be nice to be able to rely on it. . .

I rely on it. Then I lack the focus to keep it in check. It's kind of a give and take situation, see?
I like the thought of the INTP because Ti is just slowly connecting an idea to other ideas, so if you have the ability to contemplate and make intuitive leaps while doing so, I can't imagine a more efficient way to use a judging function. And the work INTPs produce supports this. An INFP must similarly have a well developed viewpoint on a much wider variety of subjects than other types.