User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Default Ever have these N Moments?

First off, I'm not 100% sure this is an iNtuitive trait, or rather just a weird psychological phenomenon..

So here's the deal..sometimes I'll be doing something..talking to someone, hearing about something, reading about something, whatever it may be where I am gaining information, a symbol will come to me relating to the topic, which comes without any thinking..I do it unconsciously without even trying to..and when I do realize it, I am absolutely astonished that my brain can pick out a metaphor related to what I may be paying attention to without out me even purposely trying to..another phenomenon that occurs to me sometimes, which I'm sure is an N trait, and can occur when I'm taking in information, and without signaling my brain to do it, I will spontaneously get a verse of lyrics from a song that will instantly come to me related to what I may be thinking about, and not just lyrics about what I'm actually thinking about, but lyrics with metaphors and symbols, which is amazing, and I never intend it to happen, but it does all of the time..

Anyways, I hope you understand what I'm saying, and I want to know if this ever occurs to anyone else..

-I will also be posting this on the NT section, to see what those rationals can tell me (hoping that copying and pasting this thread somewhere else is allowed).

Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I've done this before.. I'm a very symbolic-oriented person, so I definitely relate symbols and messages to my daily life often.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

But I do it unconsciously, they come naturally without any intentions, and I'm like "WTF" when they first pop up, but then I think about it, and am utterly amazed.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Well good for you? I can't relate, usually when my mind wonders to something, I'm right there with it.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENFJ

All the time. Actually I don't feel I understand a concept until I can make an analogy for it.
    There is no such thing as separation from God.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Well good for you?
    ah, sorry I guess I didn't mean it the way you might have interpreted it, I was just putting that out there, to see if anyone specifically could relate, but it's pretty much a dead thread..I wasted my time..but thanks for your post!

Content. Content? DigitalMethod's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ

Sometimes my mind will reach conclusions somewhat subconsciously. Like your sitting there thinking about something, and it's as if someone hits the fast-forward button for a few seconds. Then you're like "Woa, what just happened?"
    And sometimes my mind will automatically attach metaphors and analogies to situations.
    Not really images or symbols though...
    "The life of the individual has meaning only insofar as it aids in making the life of every living thing nobler and more beautiful."
    - Albert Einstein

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Good way to put it, I get the results before I think about the information.

MBTI
    NeXx
    Socionics
    IeE

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    First off, I'm not 100% sure this is an iNtuitive trait, or rather just a weird psychological phenomenon..

So here's the deal..sometimes I'll be doing something..talking to someone, hearing about something, reading about something, whatever it may be where I am gaining information, a symbol will come to me relating to the topic, which comes without any thinking..I do it unconsciously without even trying to..and when I do realize it, I am absolutely astonished that my brain can pick out a metaphor related to what I may be paying attention to without out me even purposely trying to..another phenomenon that occurs to me sometimes, which I'm sure is an N trait, and can occur when I'm taking in information, and without signaling my brain to do it, I will spontaneously get a verse of lyrics from a song that will instantly come to me related to what I may be thinking about, and not just lyrics about what I'm actually thinking about, but lyrics with metaphors and symbols, which is amazing, and I never intend it to happen, but it does all of the time..
    You should thank your Ne function isn't it just amazing?
    "Adversity makes men, and prosperity makes monsters"

MBTI
    NeTi

Quote Originally Posted by IEE623 View Post
    You should thank your Ne function isn't it just amazing?
    It's just as amazing as the repetition of the same smiley after four words.

The enemy's gate is down.