User Tag List

First 123 Last

Default frequently

I have this regularly and I am an ENFP.

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    First off, I'm not 100% sure this is an iNtuitive trait, or rather just a weird psychological phenomenon..

So here's the deal..sometimes I'll be doing something..talking to someone, hearing about something, reading about something, whatever it may be where I am gaining information, a symbol will come to me relating to the topic, which comes without any thinking..I do it unconsciously without even trying to..and when I do realize it, I am absolutely astonished that my brain can pick out a metaphor related to what I may be paying attention to without out me even purposely trying to..another phenomenon that occurs to me sometimes, which I'm sure is an N trait, and can occur when I'm taking in information, and without signaling my brain to do it, I will spontaneously get a verse of lyrics from a song that will instantly come to me related to what I may be thinking about, and not just lyrics about what I'm actually thinking about, but lyrics with metaphors and symbols, which is amazing, and I never intend it to happen, but it does all of the time..

Anyways, I hope you understand what I'm saying, and I want to know if this ever occurs to anyone else..

-I will also be posting this on the NT section, to see what those rationals can tell me (hoping that copying and pasting this thread somewhere else is allowed).

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, oil your brain, before it starts to rust...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

wait, so this is an Ne trait? How can that be? I find myself to be pretty Introverted, by who can tell..
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    IN??
    Enneagram
    IDK

As an INFP your primary function is Introverted Feeling, followed by Extroverted Intuition as your auxiliary. You still are an introvert, but your intuition is extroverted.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by OneWithSoul View Post
    So here's the deal..sometimes I'll be doing something..talking to someone, hearing about something, reading about something, whatever it may be where I am gaining information, a symbol will come to me relating to the topic, which comes without any thinking..I do it unconsciously without even trying to..and when I do realize it, I am absolutely astonished that my brain can pick out a metaphor related to what I may be paying attention to without out me even purposely trying to..another phenomenon that occurs to me sometimes, which I'm sure is an N trait, and can occur when I'm taking in information, and without signaling my brain to do it, I will spontaneously get a verse of lyrics from a song that will instantly come to me related to what I may be thinking about, and not just lyrics about what I'm actually thinking about, but lyrics with metaphors and symbols, which is amazing, and I never intend it to happen, but it does all of the time..

Anyways, I hope you understand what I'm saying, and I want to know if this ever occurs to anyone else..
    This happens to me all the time! If I'm working on a difficult problem, sometimes the answer will come in the form of a song. I usually don't notice at first, so the music becomes louder and louder until I finally realise that the lyrics contain the solution I'm looking for! It still amazes me when this happens.
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

MBTI
    INFP

Oh yes. It comes and goes almost as if it has a mind of it's own! Would be nice to be able to rely on it. . .
    "No ray of sunshine is ever lost, but the green which it awakes into existence needs time to sprout, and it is not always granted to the sower to see the harvest. All work that is worth anything is done in faith." - Albert Schweitzer

Quote Originally Posted by Brendan View Post
    All the time. Actually I don't feel I understand a concept until I can make an analogy for it.
    I'm the same way. If I can make an analogy that makes sense, then I know I understand what I learned.

MBTI
    INFP

It's a NF only thing, so all NF's enjoy this ability to make intuitive leaps in metaphors. Thank Intuitive ability for insights.

MBTI
    ENFP

As a dominant Ne user, my whole world revolves around metaphors and symbols. These connections come to me first (so I'm not "utterly amazed" by them!) and then I'm able to analyze after the fact. This is a good example of the difference between Ne-Fi and Fi-Ne. In your post you said a symbol will come up unconsciously related to what you are thinking about. What I'm thinking about IS the symbol- the connection - because our main function is unconscious like you describe. That is definitely an "N" moment, though. That's Ne by definition. I feel like I can imagine the way an INTP or an INFP skips to ideas pretty clearly. Do you feel the same about ENTP's and ENFP's?

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by Anja View Post
    Oh yes. It comes and goes almost as if it has a mind of it's own! Would be nice to be able to rely on it. . .
    I rely on it. Then I lack the focus to keep it in check. It's kind of a give and take situation, see?
    I like the thought of the INTP because Ti is just slowly connecting an idea to other ideas, so if you have the ability to contemplate and make intuitive leaps while doing so, I can't imagine a more efficient way to use a judging function. And the work INTPs produce supports this. An INFP must similarly have a well developed viewpoint on a much wider variety of subjects than other types.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram

Guilty here. I like those moments.