• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] NFs and Down-Time

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
ahhh :) well, sometimes I listen to music..well, most of the time I listen to music :)..I read sometimes, take naps, sometimes just take a run, go to the library..just anything where I am alone..even, sometimes, from my family, where my direction is unknown, and my emotions guide me.

sade

Besides what's been said.. I find it relaxing to lie in bed with someone, just staying there and breathing. The presence is calming. Also with my friends when I'll be doing something and the other person is doing something else next to me. In reality I'm only pretending to do something, I'm actually enjoying the moment, savoring it.
Comfortable silence.

jtanSis1

MBTI Type
INFP
Everyone needs to relax when work is done, but for N's, thinking is work. So we have trouble relaxing because were working at the same time. Try something physically fun and playful that doesn't require much thought and try not to focus on the task. You will relax that way much easier. A jog with music distacts your mind and makes it so you don't think too hard. For S's, they relax by physically not working, N's have to stop mentally working to relax.

phoenix13

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Everyone needs to relax when work is done, but for N's, thinking is work. So we have trouble relaxing because were working at the same time. Try something physically fun and playful that doesn't require much thought and try not to focus on the task. You will relax that way much easier. A jog with music distacts your mind and makes it so you don't think too hard. For S's, they relax by physically not working, N's have to stop mentally working to relax.

Yes, because S's don't think outside of work... :shock:

Anyway, I personally need a horse tranquillizer to relax. Unfortunately, no one will give me one, so I am forced to keep going until I collapse. It sucks muchos.

Desperado44

MBTI Type
ENFJ
The ultimate:

Tropical day, sunset, slight breeze, laying in a hammock holding the woman you love, playing with her hair....not saying a word.....

In the words of Snow Patrol: "will you just lie here...and watch the world go by?"

Also: weight training, loud music when I'm alone

hathor_sekhmet

MBTI Type
INFP
I watch YouTube or go to movies.

That or get lost in a Victorian novel.

*watch that hathor_sekhmet rack up the posts, whoo*

animenagai

MBTI Type
NeFi
Enneagram
4w3
i don't like to make life too serious period. my mind can take stress off my shoulders in most instances. technology helps heaps. i play video games, listen to music or watch a youtube video to 'detox'. fuck i'm boring :D

quietmusician

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I play my guitar a lot and listen to music. Or I'll just have a beer and watch a movie or something stupid on TV.

S

Sniffles

Music
Walking - although I do this less often since I do more than enough at work
reading a good book
contemplating random thoughts that flow through my mind.
Watch TV sometimes - although I do less and less.

And or a combination of any of these.