• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[NF] When ENFPs and INFJs look alike

thoughtlost

Honeyed Water
Enneagram
N/A
[MENTION=18445]thoughtlost[/MENTION]
My first thought is that maybe your friend is ISFP....
My friend is not that...er...vulgar. What might be inferior sensing indulgences are pretty tame by most standards.
By whimsical, I mean cutesy stuff like style of dress (ie quirky), talking in silly voices, bursting into song all the time, running into nearby fields and bringing wild flowers back to people, etc... I think she wants life to be a musical, basically.

I expect people to think she is MBTI ISFP if I described her online because she loves to entertain. However, her mind/ability to use Ti is where she derives her self-identity too. She feels fulfilled when someone can make her luagh and when someone can challenge her intellect or help her forget about social rules and play around be happy, even if you don't "fit in" (hence why she loves ENTPs). Socionics ISFp is my typing for her because the way that description is worded leaves no room for doubt in me. I think she has a hard time "seeing" herself as socionics ISFp because it doesn't have the "unique" factor attached to it. But then she laughed when I read it to her because it really is so her!

Her natural skills in Si/Fe is very clear in socionics. And Ti is what she really values/hidden agenda and that is socionics ISFp (INFps care about Ti just as much ...so that's the only other type that fits her in socionics). But with MBTI/JCF it's tricky. ...lots of descriptions are enneagram focused so if she reads an INFJ description that is clearly describing enneagram 4 (which is ALL I see on the internet), then she'll only see herself as INFJ in MBTI. As a personal rule, I avoid calling her an S-person because there is no point in telling her that she could be an S ...she'll never think she is truly an sensor.

It is difficult that descriptions about MBTI/JFC Ns are always about being unique/different/not the "norm" or special. Since she believes she is so unique/intense ...the only type that she sees in her is an N type and INFJs are said to be rare and she believes she is rare. ugh, this is why 4s trip me up. They always need to feel special that it ruins how they think about MBTI lol. Maybe that's their downfall?? So caught up in themselves they cannot see things as clearly as they think they do.

I can see her using Sensing abilities quite well, at least compared to me. Her ability to be not be a clutz with mundane matters is pretty enviable ...I rely on her to remember to go grocery shopping/directions/dealing with math related aspects of life ...and yet I am the person who studied math the longest in school and it takes me too long to plan out my finances).

And again, your friend and my friend really do look similar in my eyes. My friend is also constantly bursting into song in our apartment. If you know Sandy from Spongebob, she has the PERFECT sandy voice and we went to a party together where she just started talking in the "Sandy" voice. She loves to put on silly costumes at home and tinkers with the idea of wearing them in public, but typically her closet is sort of pretty bland (she LOVES pink though because it's happy/bright and ...she has a feminist streak). When she is feeling down, she says she wants to be a burlesque dancer or a nude model. She has a tendency of buying silly stuff for fun too (random toys for decoration or silly/goofy things for her friends ...like she got her friend grandma underwear as a joke).

I can see why you'd say she is vulgar, but I'd say she is usually quite tame (and is more childishly fun-loving than vulgar on a day to day basis). She could still be an MBTI ISFP, of course (in a way, she is like [MENTION=8046]ayoitsStepho[/MENTION] now that you made me think more about her being ISFP, but not all ISFPs are like that as another ISFP 4 so/sp on here (cascado, I think) does seem to have that same "let's party and gossip!!!" energy as my friend.

*I had to edit because I didn't make any sense lol*
*note: I should be done editing now haha*

OOOHH Wait wait. I forgot to say that she does do that "damper thing" when people don't share her enthusiasm. She bought this random thing from Target and showed me, but when I told her I don't really care she was like ...WHY AREN'T YOU AS EXCITED AS I AM!?!? Even though she was sort of joking, she wasn't and I felt bad haha. But she really likes it when people can match her enthusiasm or she can match the enthusiasm of others (so hence why parties are her favorite thing and wants people to laugh and be silly with her). She doesn't do as well with people who are more contained emotionally (hence why I don't think she is Fi dominant???). Again, she has a hostess personality and wants people to be enthusiastic and or at least be receptive/appreciative of her fun-loving self