User Tag List

123 Last

Thread: ENFP Mannerisms

Default ENFP Mannerisms

Have you noticed that enfp's make jerky or spunky or quick movements? My daughters love to playfully mock my animated reactions to things. It seems I can't talk without using my hands (and I am not even Italian!)

I am not even aware of the 'dramatic' aspect of how I communicate but apparently it is always there. When they imitate me, it is embarrassing and I ask, "Do I really look like that?!?!" They smile and say, "yessss..."
    Ashes to ashes, dust to dust, oil your brain, before it starts to rust...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    6w7

You should see me get passionate in a heated debate. Im liable to hit someone in the face!

Not joking...its happened...lol
    SDMF

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Oh goodness... and it gets worse when I'm tired. Some lame anecdotes:

1) I'm in line to get food, thinkin' about Mr. Handsome behind me. Out of the blue, I snap my head around and look square at him with a goofy smile on my face. He gasps. I turn back around, get my food, and only later realize how weird that was for him.

2) I'm bored at work and falling asleep, so I decide to get some tea. I literally jump up, grab my mug, trip over a trash can, and stumble to the door. My supervisor gasps then laughs at my clumsiness.

I'll spare you #3.

MBTI
    ENFP

I don't feel like leaving the people I'm with requires an explanation so long as I'm coming back soon. I'm out at dinner... Whoosh, I'm up to check out a painting on a wall or to check out the food again, etc. It feels so natural to do this, and I often leave my chair out because I'm up and out so fast. I am drawn to the new object and the chair, table, people, etc. all of the sudden matter much less...

I tell a story, and the story IS the point. Other people's stories lead to a point, so I can really disappoint in this area.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Socionics
    ENFp

Quote Originally Posted by BookLady View Post
    I am not even aware of the 'dramatic' aspect of how I communicate but apparently it is always there
    You speak truth. It's ineluctable.

MBTI
    ENFP

I have taken the "dance of the hands" to even a higher level.

I train and I use my hands to teach. So if I am saying the word 'concise', my hands will draw a square in the air. It's actually very effective.

And, yes, people love to imitate it too and tease. What is even funnier is that when people spend some time with me, they start using their hands like I do almost as a reflection.

I find the behavioral psychology fascinating...

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

ENFPs can be phenominal mimics in both body language and speach. also great with word play
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

I didn't think I was quite as expressive as I am.. but I am constantly told my facial expressions are very openly dramatic, and it couldn't be plainer than an open picture book what I was feeling or reacting to.. I also flail my arms a lot. I don't mind being picked on for it all though, it's just the way I am.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

MBTI
    ENFP

Haha...I'm studying ASL (American Sign Language), which seemed like a good idea with all my theatrics and everything...but now I REALLY have a hard time not talking with my hands!

And yes, people usually make fun of my gestures when I talk, though they typically think it's because of the signing...

And yes, I have gotten into intense signing exchanges and hurt myself--from head hitting to hand whacking--multiple times.

MBTI
    GONE

^^ ASL is extremely full body expressive. I took a beginner class for a few sessions and I was really surprised how similar to theatrical warm-ups and just plain acting and pantomiming our classes were.
    “If you want to tell people the truth, make them laugh, otherwise they'll kill you.” ― Oscar Wilde

"I'm outtie 5000" ― Romulux

Johari/Nohari