First 234

Thread: ENFP Mannerisms

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Eyebrows View Post
    Same

I've grown into being emotionally expressive, though, and stopped giving a damn about what other people might think about it. I remind myself of a damn girl sometimes
    Some girls find that seductive. ...actually, a lot of girls find that seductive. It's the guys that take issue with it unless they're Latin, Italian, French, etc..

"OMG I FEEEEEEEEEL SO INTENSELY ABOUT EVERYTHING OMG OMG OMG GET ME A XANAX" -Priam (ENFP impersonation)

MBTI
    ENFP

Yeah, I'm very expressive too. I tend to speak with my entire body, but most significantly with my hands and rapid facial changes.
    I wasn't aware about the hand-thing before a teacher at a doctoral presentation course pointed to my way of gesticulating as being in synch with what I was talking about and thus great at conveying my points to the audience.

He said that one of the most frequent problems (apart from lifeless immobility) in the presentations he saw, was when both hands kept flying around aimlessly in front of the speaker's face and chest, thus both distracting the audience from the actual speech content and building a communicative wall of 'fending off' gestures between speaker and audience.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by hathor_sekhmet View Post
    I kind of envy you guys for your expressive nature.
    I find it rather annoying in a "I share three letters with these guys?" sort of way. It's not that they're more expressive. They express differently. To the casual observer an INFP and ISTJ have a lot more in common than an INFP and ENFP, and he might even be right in a lot of ways.
    "If you would convince a man that he does wrong, do right. But do not care to convince him. Men will believe what they see. Let them see."
    Thoreau

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    IEE

I have 10,001 facial expressions. Unless I am specifically manipulating my guise because it is not natural for me to respond in a desired way, I look like I feel.

I have always been moved by the Neil Young line "..it's these expressions I never give, that keep me searchin' for a heart of gold.."

it's so true. I can actually relate my contentment by how well my face has been worked out that day. If I don't exercise it in many ways I notice the rigidity (EG not smiling or laughing or relaxing, I can feel tension in my face). Likewise if I am not stimulated in a serious way enough my look just becomes kinda droopy or melancholy/bored. That being said most of the time I can be found with a smile
    PURE LOVE ENFP. IEE. 9w1 (0). Saggitarius. Jupiter! FIRE!

~It is only the benevolent man who is capable of liking or disliking other men.
    - Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
    ~Only the wisest and stupidest of men never change.
    - Learn as though you would never be able to master it; hold it as though you would be in fear of losing it.

with me and my herd o' enfps-Very animated facial gestures, eye movements, an inability to hide expressions. You can see what we are thinking. Lots of hand movements.

Our voices are often very animated and we can be loud. We laugh a lot.

Most of these folks are older so have learned to chill for short periods of time. In meetings though this weird thing happens-they all get slack jawed when they are thinking and can be real blunt and pointed. We all Ne hop around.

The best was a meeting with an INTJ, about four ENFPs, an IXTJ, and an ESTJ. The ESTJ was not really on the same page as the rest of us...

It doesnt matter how hard I try and hide what I feel I think people can see it.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    I tend to be both emotionally expressive and physically animated when I speak, and boy oh boy do I gesticulate.

Hahahahahhaa, I was about to write the exact same thing... again, I totally forgot that I posted in this thread, already.

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by phoenix13 View Post
    Some girls find that seductive. ...actually, a lot of girls find that seductive. It's the guys that take issue with it unless they're Latin, Italian, French, etc..
    Sweet