User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Thread: ENFP Mannerisms

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by 351Stang View Post
    Hah, i was the same way from the time i was born to the end highschool.
    But since i've graduated and started working i've just said the hell with it and have become a complete goofball and it's really made me loads happier and a much more enjoyable person to be around

And yes, i am very expressive with both my hands and face when i'm talking, i even like to use props if they are available.
    My ENFJ mom is the same way too, you could be deaf and still understand what she is saying because she is very animated and uses her entire body when she talks. Between the two of us i think we kind of drain the energy out of my INFP sister and INFJ dad.

Oh and HI!, its my first post
    I've almost given up the stone faced killer look I have been trying to achieve. I do get it going for a day or two, but then someone shows up and they look all depressed and I have to bust out the crackhead normal personality to cheer em up or some other such scenario.

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by 351Stang View Post
    Hah, i was the same way from the time i was born to the end highschool.
    But since i've graduated and started working i've just said the hell with it and have become a complete goofball and it's really made me loads happier and a much more enjoyable person to be around

And yes, i am very expressive with both my hands and face when i'm talking, i even like to use props if they are available.
    My ENFJ mom is the same way too, you could be deaf and still understand what she is saying because she is very animated and uses her entire body when she talks. Between the two of us i think we kind of drain the energy out of my INFP sister and INFJ dad.

Oh and HI!, its my first post
    same here . it's a great feeling when you're no longer holding back yourself. i think a lot of ENFP's were shy earlier in life because the E means that they care about what other people say.

to hathor_sekhmet, i guess that's just the difference between being an E or an I. it's where we get energy afterall.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2

I hate to tell ya but I don't think being expressive is really an ENFP exclusive thing. I do it to. Talking with the hands, big smiles, goofy looks, the whole shebang.

I can definitely relate to what everyone is talking about, though, with coming out of your shell and just acting like the person you were always meant to be. It's nice and comforting. I think it could be more of an male ENFX problem. Women can be as expressive and friendly as they want but when guys do it we're either gay or weird.
    "... you think deeply about stuff [that] nobody cares about and hardly anybody can understand you." ~ Peguy talking about Ni users. So true.

MBTI
    NeFi
    Enneagram
    4w3

Quote Originally Posted by chris1207 View Post
    think it could be more of an male ENFX problem. Women can be as expressive and friendly as they want but when guys do it we're either gay or weird.
    absolutely. we've had many conversations here on MBTIC where male ENFP's said they acted tougher than they were when they were young (myself included) just so they would be socially respectable. im not saying that it's just an ENFP thing btw, i'm just saying that we do .

if i was female, i wouldn't have been have as shy as a child. gosh, i might have even been popular!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

i have noticed ive mimicked certain characteristics off people I often see eg. how to hold an instrument case, walks to walk, ways to sit and using hand gestures and certain ways of communication. very strange o.O

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3

I've been told I'm bouncy.
    I live my life for the stars that shine & people say its just a waste of time- Oasis

Extroverted (E) 65.63% Introverted (I) 34.38%
    Intuitive (N) 89.31% Sensing (S) 10.69%
    Feeling (F) 74.29% Thinking (T) 25.71%
    Perceiving (P) 74.19% Judging (J) 25.81%

3w4

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by BookLady View Post
    Have you noticed that enfp's make jerky or spunky or quick movements? My daughters love to playfully mock my animated reactions to things. It seems I can't talk without using my hands (and I am not even Italian!)

I am not even aware of the 'dramatic' aspect of how I communicate but apparently it is always there. When they imitate me, it is embarrassing and I ask, "Do I really look like that?!?!" They smile and say, "yessss..."
    So true for me, I can't even play taboo without using my hands. I get my team in trouble for using my hands to explain a word. I literally have to sit on my hands which I find I play bad without using them. Its like my hands help me think. I also have an expressive face. People can tell how I feel by just looking at my face. Sometimes I make face expressions unconsciously.
    [SIGPIC] [/SIGPIC]

Death must be so beautiful. To lie in the soft brown earth, with the grasses waving above one's head, and listen to silence. To have no yesterday, and no to-morrow. To forget time, to forgive life, to be at peace."
    — Sylvia Plath (The Bell Jar)

"Remember, remember, this is now, and now, and now. Live it, feel it, cling to it. I want to become acutely aware of all I’ve taken for granted."
    — Sylvia Plath

MBTI
    ISFJ

I almost never use my hands while talking.

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by chris1207 View Post
    I think it could be more of an male ENFX problem. Women can be as expressive and friendly as they want but when guys do it we're either gay or weird.
    Same

I've grown into being emotionally expressive, though, and stopped giving a damn about what other people might think about it. I remind myself of a damn girl sometimes

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Hexis View Post
    You should see me get passionate in a heated debate. Im liable to hit someone in the face!

Not joking...its happened...lol
    and i didn't even press charges
    won't happen ever again though:workout:
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?