• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

Billy

Crazy Diamond
MBTI Type
INFJ
You know you are NOT and INFJ when you ..
Break up after a relationship that was the result of "Bad Timing" and agree with INFJ that things should have never got to where they got..take your responsibility for things not working.. see them take theirs.. and take their advice to make getting better about you and not them.. and then, NOT turning more and hostile as each day passes , Not taking less and less responsibility for how things panned out .. and not accusing the other of "ruining your life"

Dude I dated an ISFJ for 8 years and it was so clear that we didn't belong together... lol

firstjudge

MBTI Type
INFJ
That's the whole point.. you are already convinced it is impossible.. So where does leave the person who want to understand you so badly??

Well, I wouldn't say impossible. Anything is possible. However, experience has led me to believe that it is quite rare.

thats.mana

MBTI Type
infj
You know youre an INFJ when people wonder if you have any solid opinions. You can switch sides so easily for random reasons. They just haven't seen your stubborn core yet.

When I was younger I had all these opinions about everything, even tho I rarely had the chance to express them. Now I don't bother to put fourth the energy to have casual opinions. I now know that after expressing my well thought out opinion no matter how concrete I think it is by the end of the sentence another opinion has formed, hell sometimes 2 or 3.

Most of the time when I find myself in debate the subject matter has no real meaning to me, hence I rarely debate my true core beliefs.

LavaLucy

MBTI Type
infj
I don't know if this has been said but
Does anyone else mean to send a txt to someone but ends up sending it to whoever is standing right next to them because that's who you're thinking about/talking to? So annoying I do this all the time.

With someone at my new work I knew she was an INFJ when: she kept trying to get to know me and find out things I like in a random way :wubbie: at first I was slightly weirded out then I realised she was going about getting to know a new person exactly as I would and I realised she was INFJ and was flattered.

thats.mana

MBTI Type
infj
^^The infj's I've met have always asked the right questions.

To continue on what I expressed earlier...when you question yourself on whether or not we have true core beliefs because we rarely ever get to express them.

...We're content in our loneliness.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
^^The infj's I've met have always asked the right questions.

To continue on what I expressed earlier...when you question yourself on whether or not we have true core beliefs because we rarely ever get to express them.

...We're content in our loneliness.

I agree there on all points. Even the word use is interesting, using the term 'express' instead of something like 'wrote.' I like it.

For myself I really want my causes/reasons, and thoughts, to be *understood*. It's not enough for the person to just empathize/relate to the emotions themselves, I want them to understand - fully - WHY I'm feeling that way, and really get it, deep down. The emotion itself isn't terribly important to me - meaning, it's the root cause of the emotion that IS.

+A hojijilion (Which is a gazilion times a bazilion)

We get FRUSTRATED when people don't give us the chance to even explain ourselves and decide their opinion is correct, even when it's way off. How the hell will they understand how we act when they wont listen or understand when we do our best to explain ourselves? I think after getting ignored so many times we just give up on other people understanding us. For us, at least me and the voices in my head, why we feel something is much more important than what we're feeling. If the person repeatedly isn't interested in that we give up on them.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
You know you're an INFJ when you can annoy the crap of (or just weird out) some/lots of people but then have random people who just go :wubbie: around you.

I think its a combination of showing different people different sides of our personality, and how much confidence/energy we have that day.

When I was at a concert two days ago I clicked quickly with a couple people (One had to be an ExFP), it doesnt happen to me often because most people think I'm rude (I'm not on purpose, I'm just oblivious!).

S

Sniffles

You know you're an INFJ when you can annoy the crap of (or just weird out) some/lots of people but then have random people who just go :wubbie: around you.

I think its a combination of showing different people different sides of our personality, and how much confidence/energy we have that day.

When I was at a concert two days ago I clicked quickly with a couple people (One had to be an ExFP), it doesnt happen to me often because most people think I'm rude (I'm not on purpose, I'm just oblivious!).

Yes. Even stranger is when many people who I annoy most are the ones who go most crazy for me.

musttry

MBTI Type
INFJ
...you prefer to confront a personal situation and let it blow up just so things are clear aftewards.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
We get FRUSTRATED when people don't give us the chance to even explain ourselves and decide their opinion is correct, even when it's way off. How the hell will they understand how we act when they wont listen or understand when we do our best to explain ourselves? I think after getting ignored so many times we just give up on other people understanding us. For us, at least me and the voices in my head, why we feel something is much more important than what we're feeling. If the person repeatedly isn't interested in that we give up on them.

So true, and well expressed!

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
So true, and well expressed!

Thanks!

I figure that what we're feeling is based on something that happened. If we feel something without a reason, we feel lost in some way. Once we find the reason and gain closure from it, we can easily move on. Until then our minds repeatedly go back to it.

To relate it to enneagram, it's what makes INFJs relate to the EnType 5. We want to understand ourselves and emotions are a way of it. If we slip into slothfulness in this way, we turn into unhealthy 4s and just sulk in whatever mood we are in.

Different INFJs deal with this in different ways, so there is likely exceptions to the above. 'Every person is an exception to the rule.'

Last edited:

Z Buck McFate

Pepperidge Farm remembers.
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I figure that what we're feeling is based on something that happened. If we feel something without a reason, we feel lost in some way. Once we find the reason and gain closer from it, we can easily move on. Until then our minds repeatedly go back to it.

Yeah, this is true for me as well. My thoughts loop almost obsessively about a feeling until I know why I'm feeling it; but once I figure it out, I have no problem letting it go.

And the most frustrating thing about it is that- while I'm ace at helping other people figure what they're feeling- my compulsive need for accuracy is so much greater than that of the people around me that the people around me are usually of very little help to me in figuring these things out. I even feel a little guilty when they try, because I know they *want* to help yet I always have a "but..." to counteract everything they say. I know it comes across as me 'not listening', but really it's just that I need feedback so ridiculously accurate that it makes perfect sense out of what I'm feeling.

Faine

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Yeah, this is true for me as well. My thoughts loop almost obsessively about a feeling until I know why I'm feeling it; but once I figure it out, I have no problem letting it go.

And the most frustrating thing about it is that- while I'm ace at helping other people figure what they're feeling- my compulsive need for accuracy is so much greater than that of the people around me that the people around me are usually of very little help to me in figuring these things out. I even feel a little guilty when they try, because I know they *want* to help yet I always have a "but..." to counteract everything they say. I know it comes across as me 'not listening', but really it's just that I need feedback so ridiculously accurate that it makes perfect sense out of what I'm feeling.

Very, very true.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1

So true! It makes us so bleedingly frustrating to those ENxPs who somehow get enamored with us :D

Tofu562

MBTI Type
ENFP
...when you're in love with le fabuleux destin d'amelie poulain.

i know an INFJ personally that loves that movie. well, so do i. but she does particularly. and i noticed more than one INFJ on these forums has an amelie-related avatar.

Lemonade

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

i know an INFJ personally that loves that movie. well, so do i. but she does particularly. and i noticed more than one INFJ on these forums has an amelie-related avatar.

+9999

^.^

Sarcasticus

Circus Maximus
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4

I think a lot of ENTPs like that movie too. ;)