• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

S

Sniffles

:yes: one of my recent fantasies is just donning a backpack and walking out my door into the world, and just walking, and walking. i feel like i could walk/hike forever. hiking has always been my solace, even/especially when i was a little girl. i don't know what i would have done without the woods and trails.

all of the infjs i know love to hike. isn't that strange?

You pretty much read my mind. :yes:

Concerning Finns, I have great respect for them as a people. Especially the bravery they showed when holding out against the massive Soviet onslaught during the Winter War.

[youtube="fbndUSHL9A0"]tribute to brave finnish soldiers[/youtube]

Nyx

:yes: one of my recent fantasies is just donning a backpack and walking out my door into the world, and just walking, and walking. i feel like i could walk/hike forever. hiking has always been my solace, even/especially when i was a little girl. i don't know what i would have done without the woods and trails.

all of the infjs i know love to hike. isn't that strange?

I am all about hiking.

It's weird you mention the backpack thing because recently I have taken to carrying a backpack whenever I go out so I can always walk anywhere. I usually keep water, trail mix/nuts, a good book, pencils and sketchbook, and extra clothes in there so I am ready to hike at all times. It makes me feel like a nomad.

I take walks outside as much as possible. I love nature so much. It is the perfect place for solitary contemplation. It's almost as if nature adds in to the conversation going on inside my head

[GVIDEO="http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=8688992796818009166#"]Alan Watts: A Conversation with Myself[/GVIDEO]
I recommend watching all of it. So good. Nothing more can be said.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
You know you're an INFJ when...

you try to find common ground with everyone, and can pretty much relate to everyone on some level.
I dont necessarily look for it, but I do see it sometimes. All it really requires is a little conversation with them to get a dose of their real personality.

you feel for people to a fault.
Even when I was young I had a feeling of dread when one of the other kids did something a treacherous on the playground even if I didn't really like the person. Nothing has changed.

everything happens for a reason...even if the reason is so complex that it appears random.
That's why I liked the Merovingian in the Matrix.

you question your sanity daily.
I suppose, but I dont think I question my sanity straightforwardly. I mainly question my objectivity.

people tell you are "magical".
Not yet.

people tell you have a "beautiful spirit".
Only my INFJ dad has.

people tell you "you keep it real".
I tell MYSELF to 'keep it real.' I would rather not be in this between zone where I don't have either good objectivity or a vivid imagination.

people don't "get" you or don't understand why you do what you do.
Sometimes it takes me a few moments for me to figure out why I did things, too.

sometimes you don't "get" yourself.
Mhm.

your mind is like a tapestry.
I like to say 'galaxy.' A lot of the time it is blank until it reaches something interesting.

you don't fit in anywhere.
Sounds right. I don't have any 'major' hobbies besides thinking and my personality has too many different sides to effectively fit anywhere.

you were always a bit of a loner.
I am much more comfortable with my mind than with other people. My mind is elastic and people are stubborn. My mind is clear and people are subtle.

lots of people like you and you don't know why because it's not like you've disclosed a lot of information with them/open up to them.
Makes sense, though I think it more BECAUSe I havent opened up as much. If I open up too quickly I figure people would see me as creepy.

life is the most interesting journey, ever.
Definitely. Life isn't an end, if it was I would be afraid of death. I'm only really afraid of how and when I may die. "Dying would be an awfully big adventure"

I take walks outside as much as possible. I love nature so much. It is the perfect place for solitary contemplation. It's almost as if nature adds in to the conversation going on inside my head
I always figure its just the ambient life in nature that opens up my mind a little more. I like the inherent beauty in the simple things. A grand Gothic cathedral is nice, but it isnt as complex or dynamic as a tree or squirrel.

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
I tell MYSELF to 'keep it real.' I would rather not be in this between zone where I don't have either good objectivity or a vivid imagination.

:yes:

You equate everything with a song, or poem. As in I have my ipod playlists separated by moods that I make when I'm in that mood.

whatusername

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
:yes:

You equate everything with a song, or poem. As in I have my ipod playlists separated by moods that I make when I'm in that mood.

And sometimes, though you won't admit it to any other person, your ipod songs have specific stories/scenes attached to them. in your head.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am all about hiking.

It's weird you mention the backpack thing because recently I have taken to carrying a backpack whenever I go out so I can always walk anywhere. I usually keep water, trail mix/nuts, a good book, pencils and sketchbook, and extra clothes in there so I am ready to hike at all times. It makes me feel like a nomad.

[gvideo="8688992796818009166"]Alan Watts: A Conversation with Myself[/gvideo]
I recommend watching all of it. So good. Nothing more can be said.

buumer man. your vid didn't work for me.

Nyx

I dont necessarily look for it, but I do see it sometimes. All it really requires is a little conversation with them to get a dose of their real personality.

Even when I was young I had a feeling of dread when one of the other kids did something a treacherous on the playground even if I didn't really like the person. Nothing has changed.

That's why I liked the Merovingian in the Matrix.

I suppose, but I dont think I question my sanity straightforwardly. I mainly question my objectivity.

Not yet.

Only my INFJ dad has.

Sometimes it takes me a few moments for me to figure out why I did things, too.

Mhm.

I like to say 'galaxy.' A lot of the time it is blank until it reaches something interesting.

Sounds right. I don't have any 'major' hobbies besides thinking and my personality has too many different sides to effectively fit anywhere.

I am much more comfortable with my mind than with other people. My mind is elastic and people are stubborn. My mind is clear and people are subtle.

Makes sense, though I think it more BECAUSe I havent opened up as much. If I open up too quickly I figure people would see me as creepy.

Definitely. Life isn't an end, if it was I would be afraid of death. I'm only really afraid of how and when I may die. "Dying would be an awfully big adventure"

I always figure its just the ambient life in nature that opens up my mind a little more. I like the inherent beauty in the simple things. A grand Gothic cathedral is nice, but it isnt as complex or dynamic as a tree or squirrel.

I really enjoyed all your comments. They nicely expanded on mine and I can definitely relate.

I love what you said about nature, beautifully put.

buumer man. your vid didn't work for me.

This sound work:

YouTube - Alan Watts: A Conversation with Myself - Part 1

There are four parts and I urge everyone who has a computer to watch it!

lillyofthevalley

MBTI Type
INFJ
I really enjoyed all your comments. They nicely expanded on mine and I can definitely relate.

This sound work:

YouTube - Alan Watts: A Conversation with Myself - Part 1

There are four parts and I urge everyone who has a computer to watch it!

Being with nature feels so comfortable, there's a natural sense of belonging, identity and relationship. Being in nature feels real.
I enjoy the time-out from my species and all the artificial stuff that comes with them. Society can feel so surreal when you're truly calm.

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram

Holy shit. Is Ni like the universe?!?! I've been thinking how my Ni will take a big meaning from a small object, apply the big meaning to a different small object, take the big meaning from that object, etc. I thought of it like a bubble continuously expanding then contracting, then I remembered that's what the universe does.

You know you're an INFJ when you blow your own mind.

Nyx

Being with nature feels so comfortable, there's a natural sense of belonging, identity and relationship. Being in nature feels real.
I enjoy the time-out from my species and all the artificial stuff that comes with them. Society can feel so surreal when you're truly calm.

Yep.

Holy shit. Is Ni like the universe?!?! I've been thinking how my Ni will take a big meaning from a small object, apply the big meaning to a different small object, take the big meaning from that object, etc. I thought of it like a bubble continuously expanding then contracting, then I remembered that's what the universe does.

Yes! So true.

Sarcasticus

Circus Maximus
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
You know you're an INFJ when...

you try to find common ground with everyone, and can pretty much relate to everyone on some level.

you feel for people to a fault.

everything happens for a reason...even if the reason is so complex that it appears random.

you question your sanity daily.

people tell you are "magical".

people tell you have a "beautiful spirit".

people tell you "you keep it real".

people don't "get" you or don't understand why you do what you do.

sometimes you don't "get" yourself.

your mind is like a tapestry.

you don't fit in anywhere.

you were always a bit of a loner.

lots of people like you and you don't know why because it's not like you've disclosed a lot of information with them/open up to them.

life is the most interesting journey, ever.

I'm not an INFJ but from what I know of them this seems like the most accurate and succinct list of traits that I've seen in this nearly 200 page thread.

TheEmeraldCanopy

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
When no one else but yourself really knows you... and I think you kind of prefer it that way.

(Friends with INFJ's)

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1

I just with the interesting bits were closer to each other so I didnt have to look like I'm staring all the time. I'm not staring AT you; I'm staring THROUGH you! :doh:

I was just out walking for an hour and a half. The area I am in in Vantaa has so many trees and paths that make you feel away from civilization when, really, the nearest apartment building is only 50ish meters away. And coming home to tea and 'karjalanpiirakka' is nice and cozy.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was just out walking for an hour and a half. The area I am in in Vantaa has so many trees and paths that make you feel away from civilization when, really, the nearest apartment building is only 50ish meters away. And coming home to tea and 'karjalanpiirakka' is nice and cozy.

hey, some pics of both would sure be nice to see. :)

SciVo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram

You know you're an INFP when you make yourself laugh out loud -- or worse, struggle mightily to avoid spontaneously doing so in front of other people who would think that you're crazy.

I know, wrong thread, but I was amused by how close-yet-far that was. :)

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
You know you're an INFP when you make yourself laugh out loud -- or worse, struggle mightily to avoid spontaneously doing so in front of other people who would think that you're crazy.

I know, wrong thread, but I was amused by how close-yet-far that was. :)

Meh, applies to me too :laugh: