• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yeah, it is possible that a fear of waitressing is just me, not an INFJ thing. ;)

Oh, no no, I totally relate. Give me a 100 page brief to proof and edit and I'm good. Make me waitress, and I'm fired. I've been fired from three waitress jobs. I just can't do it.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
OK everybody, the INFJ nightly soul walk will be held in Finland. Skyward officiating:D

You know youre an INFJ when you don't mind responsibility as long as it makes sense. ;)

Who are all the Finns on here anyway?

SciVo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Are you sure he's an INFP? Seemed to me that all of his vices and struggles and frustrations that he explicated in Blue Like Jazz are NT things, as per PUMII. IMO, he's an INTJ who developed Fi later in life (in his college years, he seems prototypically NT).

My dominant Fi was crippled for the first three decades of my life by a combination of hypersensitivity that made stress self-perpetuating like a wildfire, and an ADD "shadow syndrome" that made understimulation painful. Maintaining Goldilocks stimulation was impossible, so I engaged in a lot of escapist behaviors for relief from my own feelings. I even majored in math in college, relying on my next three highest processes, which were at least healthy. (Ne/Ni is a wicked combo.) I don't know anything about this guy, and I'm not saying that you're wrong; I'm just pointing out that it can be... complicated.

lillyofthevalley

MBTI Type
INFJ
You know youre an INFJ when you don't mind responsibility as long as it makes sense. ;)

I'm not Finn but I've been asked if I was one several times. When I was a teen I moved to a town in the Pacific Northwest which had been partly settled by Finns way back when. I thought it was comical that a beach babe from California would move to Oregon and be asked if she was a Finn. People say the strangest things.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
I'm not Finn but I've been asked if I was one several times. When I was a teen I moved to a town in the Pacific Northwest which had been partly settled by Finns way back when. I thought it was comical that a beach babe from California would move to Oregon and be asked if she was a Finn. People say the strangest things.

Dunno, but some Finns look fairly different from the rest of Scandinavia (And maybe the world). Its sort of a Scandinavian base with a little bit of asian to soften it up. Varying balances of angled Scandinavian to rounded Asian, too. (I'm just kind of peeking up from the computer here at school and describing what I see)

Also, Oregon is a northerly state, so I wouldn't be surprised if settlers from Finland settled there.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Dunno, but some Finns look fairly different from the rest of Scandinavia (And maybe the world). Its sort of a Scandinavian base with a little bit of asian to soften it up. Varying balances of angled Scandinavian to rounded Asian, too. (I'm just kind of peeking up from the computer here at school and describing what I see)

Also, Oregon is a northerly state, so I wouldn't be surprised if settlers from Finland settled there.

I'm half Finnish but grew up in Canada. Spent quite a lot of time in Finland as a child, though (mainly Turku). My mum is the Finn but has lived in Canada most of her adult life. She does not remotely consider herself Canadian ;) She always gets asked if she's Dutch...it really annoys her!

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
I'm half Finnish but grew up in Canada. Spent quite a lot of time in Finland as a child, though (mainly Turku). My mum is the Finn but has lived in Canada most of her adult life. She does not remotely consider herself Canadian ;) She always gets asked if she's Dutch...it really annoys her!

:laugh:

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You know you're INFJ when:

...you can do 3 hour solitary walks and your friends and family thinks you're crazy.

:yes: one of my recent fantasies is just donning a backpack and walking out my door into the world, and just walking, and walking. i feel like i could walk/hike forever. hiking has always been my solace, even/especially when i was a little girl. i don't know what i would have done without the woods and trails.

all of the infjs i know love to hike. isn't that strange?

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
:yes: one of my recent fantasies is just donning a backpack and walking out my door into the world, and just walking, and walking. i feel like i could walk/hike forever. hiking has always been my solace, even/especially when i was a little girl. i don't know what i would have done without the woods and trails.

all of the infjs i know love to hike. isn't that strange?

Add me to the pile. :)

Usually I just dont want to get off my ass and do it, but once I get started I can go a LOT longer in the wilderness than if I was walking in town. But I only really like to hike in wooded areas or rocky/hilly country (But trees are a basic requirement there too).

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Add me to the pile. :)

Usually I just dont want to get off my ass and do it, but once I get started I can go a LOT longer in the wilderness than if I was walking in town. But I only really like to hike in wooded areas or rocky/hilly country (But trees are a basic requirement there too).

i know, you just get lost in your thoughts, huh? like a paradise for Ni--a trail through the woods. i even made sure we bought land next to a huge wilderness area, so i can head out my door and just hike. i had a version of that growing up too. now that i know i am infj, it sorta fits. i always felt comfortable/welcome in the woods and with nature. i really need it. i bought some snowshoes so that i could still hike in the winter as well. i even had these weird fantasies about having my baby alone in the woods on my trails, like i fancy sacagawea did. :blush: but i didn't.

SciVo

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram

Quarter Finnish. Know almost nothing about my heritage, except that you're non-Indo-European. Congrats on freeing yourselves from both the Swedes and the Russkies -- and in such a clever way! Also, saunas look like fun? All the health benefits of taking a load off your liver and kidneys by sweating out the poisons, without the pesky exertion!

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Quarter Finnish. Know almost nothing about my heritage, except that you're non-Indo-European. Congrats on freeing yourselves from both the Swedes and the Russkies -- and in such a clever way! Also, saunas look like fun? All the health benefits of taking a load off your liver and kidneys by sweating out the poisons, without the pesky exertion!

Funny, there's a huge percent of alcoholism and smoking in Finland (At least a quarter of the students in this school smoke I bet), so I guess the sauna is a necessary thing.

I'm German, Dutch, and Swedish and currently and exchange student here. Any help in learning the language will be appreciated :D

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
You think the CIA is monitoring this thread.

:)

Not ALL INFJs are that paranoid. I'm patriotic enough to know that it's the KGB that is reading my mind through the use of aliens that, by sheer coincidence of fate, use the Cyrillic alphabet.

The CIA is too busy trying to develop an anti-nuke defense system.

sade

You think the CIA is monitoring this thread.

:)

Ahah. Nice. :) But you ought to know that people are the real things to be worried about, not the government. Especially those ENTPs.. Once they get a wiff of you having a secret they'll stop at nothing to know it. *insert run to the hills tone*

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

According to most people, "Finns are weird". This is the word I most often hear used to describe them. I love my mum to bits, but based on her, I can't argue too too much with that assessment :D (it also appears that she's an INTJ).

I figure that being an INFJ, AND half Finnish, I didn't stand a chance as far as ever being a normal member of society :D

Finns are Finno-Ugric, by the way (as opposed to Indo-European). And saunas are brilliant - they just blast all the gunk out of your pores, your skin feels and looks so amazing afterward.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Ahah. Nice. :) But you ought to know that people are the real things to be worried about, not the government. Especially those ENTPs.. Once they get a wiff of you having a secret they'll stop at nothing to know it. *insert run to the hills tone*

YouTube - Iron Maiden - Run To The Hills :rock:

No, srsly, ENTPs are dangerous. If you get the wrong one they'll just wring you of your deepest secrets and leave you for the next person! :eek:

( There are some genuine good ones, though! I think most of THAT population is on this forum :newwink:)

Nyx

You know you're an INFJ when...

you try to find common ground with everyone, and can pretty much relate to everyone on some level.

you feel for people to a fault.

everything happens for a reason...even if the reason is so complex that it appears random.

you question your sanity daily.

people tell you are "magical".

people tell you have a "beautiful spirit".

people tell you "you keep it real".

people don't "get" you or don't understand why you do what you do.

sometimes you don't "get" yourself.

your mind is like a tapestry.

you don't fit in anywhere.

you were always a bit of a loner.

lots of people like you and you don't know why because it's not like you've disclosed a lot of information with them/open up to them.

life is the most interesting journey, ever.