• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I know an INFJ that's actually pretty good at waitressing. Maybe she just has a higher level of Se.

Yeah, it is possible that a fear of waitressing is just me, not an INFJ thing. ;)

whatusername

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
My spontaneous trips involve knowing when I'm starting and knowing when I'll be home. Every little town has something interesting, even if the local people don't think there is anything there. There are fire towers to look out from, rock exhibits, corn mazes, farmer's markets, ancient churches, places to park by rivers to watch men fish...backed by interesting stories. These are as interesting to me as major art exhibits in metropolitan areas. When it's time to eat l always ask where the best mom and pop restaurant is that all the local people go to, this is where the best food is and the waitress knows all the regulars that come in, if you're lucky you can overhear conversations about the latest news from the farm, etc.

Because this is MY plan, I only do these weekenders with someone I know who's willing to wing it the same way as me. If the person I'm with causes me to stop in stores, stick to the main roads, etc. I get resentful.

hehe I get this way, too, when someone comes along wth me and takes over the Plan. Usually I just stay quiet and end up doing the things he/she suggested.

MrRandom

MBTI Type
INFJ
You know you're an INFJ when you kind of have hindsight before foresight... and it's usually: "I told you so!". If you said it each time you thought of it, people would hate you... :dont:

You know you're an INFJ when you nest in others' heads... :crazy:

lillyofthevalley

MBTI Type
INFJ
You know you're an INFJ when you nest in others' heads... :crazy:

I love the way you put that! Today I had a gentleman customer who decided to talk my ear off for a solid hour, the whole time I'm wondering why he feels the necessity to jabber on, why he can't stick to one subject, why he chose those pants, why does he walk with a cane when clearly he gets around fine without it....and on and on.

lillyofthevalley

MBTI Type
INFJ
I find that I'm a stickler for detail for things I'm interested in or writing instructions otherwise details are a pain in the butt, either that or I somehow miss them.

My job requires my memory of numbers, amounts for various items that change in price according to add-ons, etc. even though one item can be the same as another but have a different set of rules/numbers that apply. Today I was reading a description of the INFJ personality and it said that we are not good at dealing with minutia or very detailed tasks. That might explain why I have (what seems to me) too high of a record for mistakes. I know this crap but it still gets by me once in a while especially if I get distracted, which happens often. This also might explain why I'm always opening the wrong end of a bag or the bottom side of a can, and why I hate reading directions.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
You know youre an INFJ when you decide not to kid yourself thinking you always think profound thoughts. Most of the time youre just trying to reach something interesting in the inner galaxy. Most of what makes up a galaxy is nothingness you know :D

MFJAGgernaut-B

MBTI Type
INFP
Using Christianity as an example, you put more faith on your judgment of the Bible in context than you do your minister's hour-and-a-half-long Sunday Morning sermon.

If you can plug your religion into the above, you're probably an INFJ.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Using Christianity as an example, you put more faith on your judgment of the Bible in context than you do your minister's hour-and-a-half-long Sunday Morning sermon.

My pastor in my Pentecostal church says things like that: 'Dont believe me, believe the bible!'

Thats probably why I like the Pentecostal denomination of christianity. It is basically a bunch of people who believe the bible as Truth and want to omit nothing from it. Not to mention you feel the Holy Spirit there better than anywhere else. Nothing like a living church service :)

S

Sniffles

I incorporate my personal judgement of the Bible in context, sermons(which are not an hour long), and Church teachings all into one.

Nothing like a living church service :)

Depends on what one means by "living" service. I enjoy the rich aesthetics of more traditional services.

Here's a wonderful overview of what I'm talking about:
[youtube="SCot5L54-dE"]Traditional Catholic Mass[/youtube]

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Depends on what one means by "living" service. I enjoy the rich aesthetics of more traditional services.

Here's a wonderful overview of what I'm talking about:

To me, the aesthetics of a traditional church setting just show how much money the church has. I would rather go to a bland looking church that had a flowing spirit than a richly beautiful church that feels stagnant.

Granted I grew up in a Pentecostal setting so I'm heavily biased :D

ilovelurking

MBTI Type
INFJ
You know you're INFJ when:

...you can do 3 hour solitary walks and your friends and family thinks you're crazy.

Lightyear

You are propabaly an INFJ when your religion just "feels" right to you and your radical atheist friend's argument that faith and God just don't make any logical sense make you think: "So what?"

There is a very good quote about that from Christian author Donald Miller (who is most likely an INFP): "My most recent faith struggle is not one of intellect. I don't really do that anymore... I don't believe I will ever walk away from God for intellectual reasons... If I walk away from Him I will walk away for social reasons, identity reasons, deep emotional reasons, the same reasons that any of us do anything."

lillyofthevalley

MBTI Type
INFJ
You know you're INFJ when:

...you can do 3 hour solitary walks and your friends and family thinks you're crazy.

They wouldn't wonder why a particular branch on a tree decided to diverge in it's odd direction. They wouldn't find the beauty in the pattern the shadows make on an old wood fence. They wouldn't ponder how it became that a flower managed to squeeze up between the crack in an uneven sidewalk. They wouldn't laugh when one squirrel chases another through the trees. They wouldn't be curious about the air currents causing the odd pattern in contrails. They wouldn't delight in a cool breeze against their face. They wouldn't experience the juicy scenarios and dialogs that result from one thought transforming into another and they wouldn't feel the tragedy or the comedy resulting from this. They wouldn't know the sense of renewal upon their return.

Yes, you are crazy! Crazy. Crazy. Crazy. Why waste that 3 hours when instead you could be stationed deep into the sofa watching golf, sleeping until 1 PM, eating another hoagie, playing video games, texting people, talking on the phone, involved in a heated discussion about Obama's Cash for Clunkers program.

jaku

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4,5?
They wouldn't wonder why a particular branch on a tree decided to diverge in it's odd direction. They wouldn't find the beauty in the pattern the shadows make on an old wood fence. They wouldn't ponder how it became that a flower managed to squeeze up between the crack in an uneven sidewalk. They wouldn't laugh when one squirrel chases another through the trees. They wouldn't be curious about the air currents causing the odd pattern in contrails. They wouldn't delight in a cool breeze against their face. They wouldn't experience the juicy scenarios and dialogs that result from one thought transforming into another and they wouldn't feel the tragedy or the comedy resulting from this. They wouldn't know the sense of renewal upon their return.

Yes, you are crazy! Crazy. Crazy. Crazy. Why waste that 3 hours when instead you could be stationed deep into the sofa watching golf, sleeping until 1 PM, eating another hoagie, playing video games, texting people, talking on the phone, involved in a heated discussion about Obama's Cash for Clunkers program.

we should organize an INFJ (and anyone who's willing to join, for that matter) Walk the World :)

don't ask for any realistic details because i'm not going to think further than this.
oh.. wait.
it's just like being human, only thousands of years ago...

you know you're an INFJ when you secretly, or not so secretly, yearn for the Archaic Revival to transform your entire landscape

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
You are propabaly an INFJ when your religion just "feels" right to you and your radical atheist friend's argument that faith and God just don't make any logical sense make you think: "So what?"

There is a very good quote about that from Christian author Donald Miller (who is most likely an INFP): "My most recent faith struggle is not one of intellect. I don't really do that anymore... I don't believe I will ever walk away from God for intellectual reasons... If I walk away from Him I will walk away for social reasons, identity reasons, deep emotional reasons, the same reasons that any of us do anything."

This is it. :yes:

I didnt take 3 hour walks because I had videogames to play. Now the idea seems more tempting since I dont have videogames anymore. And since it's Finland close to the winter, I can have 'night' walks during the 'day!' I love the ambience of streetlamps on a clear night.

lillyofthevalley

MBTI Type
INFJ
This is it. :yes:

I didnt take 3 hour walks because I had videogames to play. Now the idea seems more tempting since I dont have videogames anymore. And since it's Finland close to the winter, I can have 'night' walks during the 'day!' I love the ambience of streetlamps on a clear night.

OK everybody, the INFJ nightly soul walk will be held in Finland. Skyward officiating:D

Last edited:

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Yes, I agree with this (more or less.) I'm a Christian, and one of the reasons I think I used to lean much more towards being an NT than I do now was that I used to think I could overcome the objections of non-believing friends and acquaintances with the use of logic alone. Those type of arguments ended up being quite destructive for everyone involved, so I don't go down that road any more. It's one thing if you can keep at the level of civil discussion - but I just don't do arguments any more.

Fidelia

Iron Maiden
Staff member
MBTI Type
INFJ
Yes, I think that while it's important to have a solid basis for your faith and be able to discuss it in a thoughtful way with others, there is an element of faith that will never be won by logic alone, even if logical discussions on the subject are respectful and not heated. There is another element there that if it isn't affected, there never will be faith on the other person's part.

Usehername

On a mission

Are you sure he's an INFP? Seemed to me that all of his vices and struggles and frustrations that he explicated in Blue Like Jazz are NT things, as per PUMII. IMO, he's an INTJ who developed Fi later in life (in his college years, he seems prototypically NT).