• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

lane777

nevermore
So sad, and yet so true.

You know you're an INFJ when you got dragged in with a few "friends" (more like begrudging acquaintances) to see the second Transformers movie, thought it was a completely idiotic train wreck of a film with overdone special effects and absolutely no plausibility or substance in the storyline, with one obnoxiously bad joke/asinine situation followed by another, and made that opinion known to said "friends" (and only because they sort of prodded it out of you, already expecting you to have hated it). Unsurprised, those same "friends" interpret that as further proof that you are some kind of miserable ogre that dislikes EVERYTHING in this world (including, oddly enough, actual GOOD movies, which aren't really that common, as opposed to fucktarded flavor-of-the-month summer blockbusters made to service the lowest common denominator of modern American stupidity). When you come home, your manly-man dad finds out you (surprise!) didn't like the movie, and similarly interprets this as evidence that you despise every little thing on this earth that moves, except he knows you better (or thinks he does) and also lets you know this as further evidence that the rest of your life is going to be EPIC FAIL. The next day you examine the Rotten Tomatoes page for Transformers 2, see that the vast majority of movie critics have exactly the same opinion of this stinker as you do, and feel somewhat vindicated. Ultimately, though, this is no consolation, since nobody frankly ever cared in the first place.

*Sigh* End of rant...

:( Yeah.

It's not like I consciously pick a movie apart though... I just come out hating it and not really knowing how to explain why - and not really caring to. Thank the heavenlies for RT!!! I know I'm gonna adore a movie if RT loves it AND it's a box office hit. There are probably only one or two films I like that RT doesn't speak too well of.

I think INFJ's tend to have high standards for everything though :doh:

lillyofthevalley

MBTI Type
INFJ
So sad, and yet so true.

You know you're an INFJ when you got dragged in with a few "friends" (more like begrudging acquaintances) to see the second Transformers movie, thought it was a completely idiotic train wreck of a film with overdone special effects and absolutely no plausibility or substance in the storyline, with one obnoxiously bad joke/asinine situation followed by another, and made that opinion known to said "friends" (and only because they sort of prodded it out of you, already expecting you to have hated it). Unsurprised, those same "friends" interpret that as further proof that you are some kind of miserable ogre that dislikes EVERYTHING in this world (including, oddly enough, actual GOOD movies, which aren't really that common, as opposed to fucktarded flavor-of-the-month summer blockbusters made to service the lowest common denominator of modern American stupidity). When you come home, your manly-man dad finds out you (surprise!) didn't like the movie, and similarly interprets this as evidence that you despise every little thing on this earth that moves, except he knows you better (or thinks he does) and also lets you know this as further evidence that the rest of your life is going to be EPIC FAIL. The next day you examine the Rotten Tomatoes page for Transformers 2, see that the vast majority of movie critics have exactly the same opinion of this stinker as you do, and feel somewhat vindicated. Ultimately, though, this is no consolation, since nobody frankly ever cared in the first place.

*Sigh* End of rant...

I saw the movie via IMAX. I nodded off a couple of times mid way through the movie then had to leave early because the noise was getting on my last nerve.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You wonder why your plants are always dieing not knowing your entp boyfriend periodically sleeps drunk on your balcony, killing all the plants with his stench, missing you cause you have to work far away.

I'll shut down now the laptop battery is empty aswell, gn8

lane777

nevermore
You get so involved with and concerned for TV/movie characters you sometimes stop yourself mid prayer when you suddenly remember they're fictional :shock:

... that being followed by intense relief.

lillyofthevalley

MBTI Type
INFJ
When you'll never tell anyone about the issues you're having with your boyfriend/girlfriend/spouse because of fear that others will judge you for putting up with them.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
:doh: YES! Or when you've actually managed to post something, you delete it in order to avoid the complications.

The Fluff Zone is all nice and comfy :cheese:

i thought it was just me. you know you are infj when you check back in and have to pysche yourself up to check your recent posts, for fear of confrontation on said posts. i should just delete instead. thanks. :blush:

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Unsurprised, those same "friends" interpret that as further proof that you are some kind of miserable ogre that dislikes EVERYTHING in this world (including, oddly enough, actual GOOD movies, which aren't really that common, as opposed to fucktarded flavor-of-the-month summer blockbusters made to service the lowest common denominator of modern American stupidity)....

my enfp friend and her husband started mocking me one day about 'hating everything.' it completely took me by surprise because i am actually very open-minded about most everything. but i realize i really do have strong opinions and very high standards about things.......one day in conversation at their house, i had said how much dr seuss books freaked me out as a kid, how i hated to use sunscreen, and one or two other things i can't remember. when i checked back into facebook evidently i had inspired them to send me a song called, "i hate everything." haha. i was very taken aback. fwiw, my father always thought i was going to be an EPIC FAIL too because i quit playing basketball in 9th grade (i was pretty good) to do other things. i wasn't. :)

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
When you'll never tell anyone about the issues you're having with your boyfriend/girlfriend/spouse because of fear that others will judge you for putting up with them.

lol yes. An add to that:

Or you don't tell them because it makes the SO sound horrible and you know they're better than that. Some people tend to remember the bad things and you don't want them thinking those thoughts about your SO, so you stay quiet.

MFJAGgernaut-B

MBTI Type
INFP

Coincidentally...

For the guys, if you respond to the question "Does this dress make my butt look fat?" by asking for the dress size. You're not saying yay or nay; you're buying time while you put together a polite way of saying "I don't care. Please use the mirrors provided and be your own judge."

If your friends and/or family ROFL at the latest doper comedy, but you're still sitting on the sofa wondering what the hell's so funny, much less how any part of what these guys just did was even remotely funny. Yet you'll laugh just as hard at nerds raging online.

If your avatar in online virtual worlds such as Second Life is a furry or some other non-human character because the human models give you the creeps.

P

Phantonym

If your friends and/or family ROFL at the latest doper comedy, but you're still sitting on the sofa wondering what the hell's so funny, much less how any part of what these guys just did was even remotely funny. Yet you'll laugh just as hard at nerds raging online.

That's true for me as well. Whenever I get into a situation like this, there's this awkward :huh: look on my face while others are laughing. This either stays like that or I start laughing at THEM for laughing so hard and it turns out to be fun for all (I might not let them know that I'm laughing AT them) :laugh:

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
If your avatar in online virtual worlds such as Second Life is a furry or some other non-human character because the human models give you the creeps.

Well, Second Life human models ARE rather creepy. Though I only ever played that game for a couple of hours before the marauding creeps hitting on my avatar irritated me and the general desolation of the gaem world bored me.

But yeah, in Oblivion I end up choosing beast races because I think the human/elf races unnerve me and don't look right for me to be able to like staring at them all the time and understanding that "that's my character".

B

ByMySword

And I'll bet that when you break that rule and get what everyone else got, you feel like you've just bartered your soul to the Devil for about fifteen minutes afterward.

Yes.

We must be unique, damn it!!! Different from the rest!!!! :yes:

MFJAGgernaut-B

MBTI Type
INFP
Well, Second Life human models ARE rather creepy. Though I only ever played that game for a couple of hours before the marauding creeps hitting on my avatar irritated me and the general desolation of the gaem world bored me.

But yeah, in Oblivion I end up choosing beast races because I think the human/elf races unnerve me and don't look right for me to be able to like staring at them all the time and understanding that "that's my character".

On the SL being desolate: That's because the people on it devote their time to 1) a life offline (a "first life." Get it? Yeah, I thought it was lame when they said it, too) and/or 2) World of Warcraft.

I get chills looking at any human character model that's been made to look live-action. It's even worse in video games, where the resulting "person" moves and talks just like these Japanese androids.

[YOUTUBE="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ig7qmddOq4s"]Lifelike Androids[/YOUTUBE]

They look real, but they're movements and speech are definitely mechanical, and there's no soul at all in their eyes. Close, but no cigar.

Jaded Idealist

MBTI Type
INFJ
I saw the movie via IMAX. I nodded off a couple of times mid way through the movie then had to leave early because the noise was getting on my last nerve.

You mean the disconnected mishmash of events that functioned as a "plot", nonexistent acting, and robotic borderline racist caricatures of "gangsta" black people weren't enough to keep you awake? ;)

ilovelurking

MBTI Type
INFJ
You know you're an INFJ when you start to type on a post, but know that once you do, you'll constantly have to go back and check up on it in order to defend/explain yourself or your views. Since this would be way too mentally vexing/tiresome, you decide to not post at all.

*points to her SN* :smile:

lillyofthevalley

MBTI Type
INFJ
You mean the disconnected mishmash of events that functioned as a "plot", nonexistent acting, and robotic borderline racist caricatures of "gangsta" black people weren't enough to keep you awake? ;)

You're right, "gangsta"...as if! No plot. The movie was slightly fuzzy on the IMAX screen. It was like I was in some psychological experiment, CG style. Total sensory overload. Too bad, I really liked the first movie.

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
Youve carried out a series of murders based on the seven deadly sins.

Your an inkblot themed super hero/violent vigilante.

lillyofthevalley

MBTI Type
INFJ
Coincidentally...

So true. I like subtle comedy that makes me think a little first, either that or off the wall unexpected pratfall stuff like the squirrel that jumps out of the Christmas tree in 'Christmas Vacation.' However, my DBF can watch the same stupid crap like those 'Airplane' movies over and over and he laughs just as hard each time. Huh?? When he sees that I'm not laughing (although I might be amused) he wonders if I don't get the jist of the joke. Yes, I tell him, it's just that it's stupid.

MFJAGgernaut-B

MBTI Type
INFP

1) The INFJ moral compass is so sensitive that one (ONE) mistranslated comment can effectively halt future dealings with that person, even to ask forgiveness. Murdering even ONE person in cold blood would render an INFJ unable to live with himself, driving him to every form of self-indulgence he can think of to drown the guilt, and eventually to suicide when everything he tries proves fruitless.

An INFJ would never harm another human being unless he felt he had good reason to.

2) No INFJ would make himself a bit-rate assassin-for-hire, not even one made of ink.

If I'm the hero, I'm going to be the keen-eyed captain who keeps the heavy artillery primed and ready to fire on demand. If a villain shows up riding a war beast to kidnap a political leader I'm honor-guarding, I'm shooting him off his mount and curb-stomping him while the guy running on six pints of caff goes to work on the beast.. If I'm locked in mortal combat with a bad guy and I spy a wrench, it's going into my opponent's forehead as hard and as often as my stamina and the wrench's integrity will allow.

If I'm the villain, I'm going to be the mastermind bent on world conquest. Even then, the actual conquest won't even be in my top five priorities. I reserve those for:

1) Securing my person.
2) Securing my operations.
3) Building manpower.
4) Raising capital.
5) Securing communications.

If I'm neutral, it's because I decided to start my own operation independent of the two main contenders.

3) No INFJ will waste resources on any elaborate project when there are feasible existing alternatives at his disposal. If he can put his entire army in battle armors and military dojos at a fraction of the cost of one liquid assassin or genetic super soldier, he'll have an army of armored martial artists at his command.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1

Sure looks like an INFJ seen through the moral-less ENTP lens :D

Without their moral compass, INFJs are just lobotomized INTJs.

Oh and Rorschach from Watchmen was awesome. (His inkblot mask would be pretty cool to have)

You know youre an INFJ when sometimes you feel isolated from reality, especially when there are many new things coming at you.