• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

rushig

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Then you ritualistically destory such artifacts when the relationships ends :devil:

Oh i me tooo. I had a box full and then burned it in a big bon fire hoping to forget him. (p.s. didnt help!)

MFJAGgernaut-B

MBTI Type
INFP
When you erase and retype every line in a three-paragraph reply before you post it. The process of which often takes around three or four hours...at least.

lillyofthevalley

MBTI Type
INFJ
When you can say "well, we all make mistakes" to others but sometimes even a little mistake you make at work causes you hours of agony, and you begin to wonder if you are actually dumb.

When you buy a whole sack of potatoes because you are going to eat healthier, then throw most of them out 3 weeks later all the while cussing yourself out because other people are starving and it's not like you can afford to throw food out anyway.

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
When you erase and retype every line in a three-paragraph reply before you post it. The process of which often takes around three or four hours...at least.

:rofl1:

Oh yes. I type most of my posts in word so it can catch my errors. Then I reread, edit, erase, rewrite, cut and paste. I'm so glad it's not just me.

Then comes my mini heart attack at pressing the submit reply button.

B

ByMySword

And also, when the response happens to be delayed for some reason, you come up with all sorts of scenarios about why there is no response yet. And you check your phone/mailbox/whatever several times during the day.

OMG!!!!! YES!!!! :doh:

B

ByMySword

:yes:

you know you're an INFJ when after the delay in response you go back and re-read what you wrote with a fine tooth comb looking for any offensive/misconstrued material that may have caused said delay in response.

:rofl1: Spot on!!! And after doing that you still come up with different scenarios about how this will all turn out. The positive, negative, neutral, whatever. You've got all covered.

Ya'll make me so relieved to know that I'm not the only one!!!!! :D

lillyofthevalley

MBTI Type
INFJ
:rofl1:

Oh yes. I type most of my posts in word so it can catch my errors. Then I reread, edit, erase, rewrite, cut and paste. I'm so glad it's not just me.

Then comes my mini heart attack at pressing the submit reply button.

Poor us, caught between writing the way we think (which makes sense to us)and editing so others are sure to read it the way it's actually intended.

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hehe. I wear my neuroticism with style and a smug smile :whistling:

I think I hide it quite well, really. Most people think I'm cool and laid back...well, maybe not cool :smile: They think I take it pretty easy and don't get mad or upset about things. But inside, the neuroticism is rampant at times :shock: !!

Jaded Idealist

MBTI Type
INFJ
You know you're an INFJ when your co-workers think you're the "quiet, brainy person that doesn't like to smile, or smiles for inexplicable reasons", with not the smallest understanding of who you actually are.

StormySunshine

MBTI Type
INFj
Enneagram
When you can say "well, we all make mistakes" to others but sometimes even a little mistake you make at work causes you hours of agony, and you begin to wonder if you are actually dumb.

When you buy a whole sack of potatoes because you are going to eat healthier, then throw most of them out 3 weeks later all the while cussing yourself out because other people are starving and it's not like you can afford to throw food out anyway.

+1 to both. I actually need to toss half a bag of potatoes out, but I'm still trying to find a way to use them. I'm thinking with a little work, I can clean them up enough to make a potato salad. I REALLY hate throwing food out.

You know you're an INFJ when your co-workers think you're the "quiet, brainy person that doesn't like to smile, or smiles for inexplicable reasons", with not the smallest understanding of who you actually are.

:yes:

You know you're an INFJ when someone you know gets INFJ on an online test, and you know there's no possible way they could be with as loud, abrasive, and messy as they are, especially when you feel almost no connection to them personally. Then you start to feel jealous that everyone will start seeing you as less unique because they scored INFJ.

thinkinjazz

MBTI Type
ENFP
If you have the room you should make a compost pile- and I think most enough hate making mistakes because we let our imaginations run amok sometimes.

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
+1 to both. I actually need to toss half a bag of potatoes out, but I'm still trying to find a way to use them. I'm thinking with a little work, I can clean them up enough to make a potato salad. I REALLY hate throwing food out.

I have one of those too :/

You know your INFJ when you have a stash of music no one else knows you have or listen too ;)

Jaded Idealist

MBTI Type
INFJ
You know you're an INFJ when someone you know gets INFJ on an online test, and you know there's no possible way they could be with as loud, abrasive, and messy as they are, especially when you feel almost no connection to them personally. Then you start to feel jealous that everyone will start seeing you as less unique because they scored INFJ.

This happened today to me! :shock:

I saw a status update on my sister's Facebook page that showed a friend who got an INFJ result. She let me she knows person and he's nothing like me, and is actually really normal and outgoing. It's just so easy to bulls**** your way to an INFJ result, even without meaning to. I told her that if I got a nickel for every time someone was mistyped as INFJ on the internet, I could quit working. In all her ESFPness, she repeated that she thought the version of the MBTI test on Facebook is bogus, but wanted to take it anyway...but got bored midway into it and quit. :)

You know your INFJ when you have a stash of music no one else knows you have or listen to

+1 ;)

AndrewT1989’s Music Profile – Users at Last.fm

lillyofthevalley

MBTI Type
INFJ
When you keep your distance from that one really super sweet person because you feel in your gut they're a fake. It takes everyone else a long time to figure it out.

When you instantly like that rare person who tells it like it is without being mean. This is the girl who will go out in the middle of the dance floor by herself, lost in the music or the guy who softly whistles while reading a newspaper at the end seat at Denny's.

When you finally go out on a date with that hot guy you've been hoping to be with, but 3 hours later you're ready to drive off and leave him at the 7-11 because he hasn't stopped yapping his jaws since the two of you hooked up.

When you have 10 dead watches sitting in a drawer because there is something about you that drains the batteries after 2 weeks. (OK, this one might be weird but it's true.)

When the dreams you have are often vivid and always in color.

When for no apparent reason you look at a stranger to find they are looking straight at you, and it happens often.

When cool, windy days make you happy.

When power outages at night are exciting (as long as they don't last too long), especially when a storm is going on.

When people think you're weird because the smell of fresh mulch makes you want to vomit but you like the smell of lighter fluid, gasoline, varnish, nail polish remover, and everyone else is crying that it stinks.

NFisNF

MBTI Type
INFJ
Everybody feels comfortable around you but you don't feel comfortable around anybody.

P

Phantonym

When for no apparent reason you look at a stranger to find they are looking straight at you, and it happens often.

Oh, yes. I get that a lot. It's very awkward and makes me feel awfully self-conscious but the drive to look is so strong.

MFJAGgernaut-B

MBTI Type
INFP
You rarely, if ever, use your car's horn to vent at someone--screaming into your windshield at them is just as effective.

You also rarely-to-never use your car's horn because it's more annoying to you than it is to the people you're honking at.

If your cell phone changes ringtones more often than you do your socks. Or the opposite: it uses the same generic ringtone it came with because you hated the preloaded tones, and the ones your provider offers aren't much better.

P

Phantonym

If your cell phone changes ringtones more often than you do your socks. Or the opposite: it uses the same generic ringtone it came with because you hated the preloaded tones, and the ones your provider offers aren't much better.

Hehe. I've had mine for the last three years, it's the least annoying from the list of tones :blush:

whatusername

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
You know you're an INFJ when you think to yourself, "Why are people placing such a premium on 'being an INFJ', like it's such a good thing or that I'm such a good person because I am one? I'm capable of evil, too, you know. And INFJs are no better than any other type."

And then of course, before an INFJ goes to sleep: "The world could end tomorrow and it really wouldn't matter if you ESTP, or INFJ, or ISFJ. Night!"

(Then the stripe of light under the door will bother you. [I think I read that somewhere in this thread.])