• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

secondhandsight

MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
Am loving the musings on this thread, so true! Few more:

A room full of books is the strongest of silent beacons.

Book titles alone can jar you into alternate universes.

The loudest voice is the first to be ignored.

When coming across someone playing music,
you can't help musing on their emotional state and
what they might be 'getting' from the soundtrack.

MFJAGgernaut-B

MBTI Type
INFP
Someone wrongs you, but instead of going the simple route and reporting them, you dream up elaborate ways to severely injure them without killing them, so they have that pain for the rest of their lives to remind them of the time they DARED screw with you...

...and then you discard your fantasy contraption because you know that person will get their comeuppance at some point, anyway. At least now you have those thoughts of revenge out of your system.

Jaded Idealist

MBTI Type
INFJ
When you can't watch a movie without picking it apart.

You know you're an INFJ when you can't stop yourself from picking anything apart, whether it's movies, books, what you read, your conversations, your feelings, etc.

Your INTJ significant other demands on a daily basis that you grow some balls

You're driven to google odd topics at least 3-5 times a week, but you don't remember half the stuff later.

I've had an INTJ tell me "so, I'm guessing you spend all of your free time on the internet looking up stupid shit". And, like the evil genius he was, he just sat there stone-faced as I lowered my head and pathetically chuckled at how spot-on he was with that statement.

Here's one: You know you're an INFJ when you consider your only two dating options to be...

1.) Perfect soulmate with which I share a lifelong "cosmic bond"
2.) Completely vapid waste of my time

B

ByMySword

You know you're an INFJ when you text someone and expect a direct response.

P

Phantonym

You know you're an INFJ when you text someone and expect a direct response.

And also, when the response happens to be delayed for some reason, you come up with all sorts of scenarios about why there is no response yet. And you check your phone/mailbox/whatever several times during the day.

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
And also, when the response happens to be delayed for some reason, you come up with all sorts of scenarios about why there is no response yet. And you check your phone/mailbox/whatever several times during the day.

:yes:

you know you're an INFJ when after the delay in response you go back and re-read what you wrote with a fine tooth comb looking for any offensive/misconstrued material that may have caused said delay in response.

P

Phantonym

you know you're an INFJ when after the delay in response you go back and re-read what you wrote with a fine tooth comb looking for any offensive/misconstrued material that may have caused said delay in response.

:rofl1: Spot on!!! And after doing that you still come up with different scenarios about how this will all turn out. The positive, negative, neutral, whatever. You've got all covered.

fill

"Everything in its place"
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Ahaha, the posts about texting could not be any more true.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
You know you're an INFJ when you get a tilted photocopy of a table of information for a class and instead of doing the assignment you spend the work time making a new table of the same info just because the crookedness just GRATES at you.

A friend, INFJ E9, described me as this, maybe others can relate: "Youre like a little fishy with bait: 'Hmmm... hmmm *circle circle* ... *Swim away* ... *Quickly spin and and CHOMP*"

It made a lot of sense since I am verrry reluctant at first then when I'm used to the idea of it I charge.

whatusername

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
You know you're an INFJ when you get a tilted photocopy of a table of information for a class and instead of doing the assignment you spend the work time making a new table of the same info just because the crookedness just GRATES at you.

A friend, INFJ E9, described me as this, maybe others can relate: "Youre like a little fishy with bait: 'Hmmm... hmmm *circle circle* ... *Swim away* ... *Quickly spin and and CHOMP*"

It made a lot of sense since I am verrry reluctant at first then when I'm used to the idea of it I charge.

yes to the photocopy.

Um, and oh yeah, yestothefishy.

SuperServal

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
You know you're an INFJ when you assign a different "feel" or "vibe" to each of the sub-forums of TypeC and imagine yourself traveling up/down or sideways when visiting the different sections. (I have specific descriptions of what each of the sub-forums would look/feel like. Example: the typology/psychology forum is at the top; light and airy lit by natural and florescent lights. There are whiteboards and markers in the rooms and comfortable office chairs on wheels. The graveyard is at the bottom of a narrow staircase. There are metal doors that open up into a massive cinder block room. The lighting is dim, but the place isn't scary. There's an odd assortment of knickknacks and old photos scattered in the massive space. They give off a sense of strange nostalgia. There is a slight hum of machinery. Yeah....I could go on for a while...)

(you also know you're an INFJ when you are worried the other INFJs don't feel this way and you might just be sorta crazy).

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
When you dream too much at nite and kick your boyfriend, then being pissed at him out of no apparent reasons and only are calmable after an 5 hour lasting hug from the behind.

Lux

Kraken down on piracy
(you also know you're an INFJ when you are worried the other INFJs don't feel this way and you might just be sorta crazy).

That's exactly how I felt before I posted mine :)

whatusername

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
When you dream too much at nite and kick your boyfriend, then being pissed at him out of no apparent reasons and only are calmable after an 5 hour lasting hug from the behind.

Haha! I get that way after a really weird dream about someone I know. Not necessarily kick them, but when they did something "evil" in the dream, I tend to be quieter around them.

And then of course I'd be too afraid to tell them the reason why I'm quiet around them because I'm thinking it's a stupid reason.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Haha! I get that way after a really weird dream about someone I know. Not necessarily kick them, but when they did something "evil" in the dream, I tend to be quieter around them.

And then of course I'd be too afraid to tell them the reason why I'm quiet around them because I'm thinking it's a stupid reason.

There are never stupid reasons !

Jaded Idealist

MBTI Type
INFJ
You know you're an INFJ when you're biting your nails over INFJs that post about experiences which you do not readily relate to, but feel relieved (even overjoyed) when someone's description is spot-on.

I've seen INFJ people twice my age on the internet that claim to have never been in love, or appear much more casual about relationships and sex, or are significantly less perfectionist in the way they communicate, and something just seems off about them being the same type as me. It always makes me feel strangely...inadequate.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You know you're an INFJ when you're biting your nails over INFJs that post about experiences which you do not readily relate to, but feel relieved (even overjoyed) when someone's description is spot-on.

I've seen INFJ people twice my age on the internet that claim to have never been in love, or appear much more casual about relationships and sex, or are significantly less perfectionist in the way they communicate, and something just seems off about them being the same type as me. It always makes me feel strangely...inadequate.

Want a Scotch too ?

SilkRoad

Lay the coin on my tongue
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:rofl1: Spot on!!! And after doing that you still come up with different scenarios about how this will all turn out. The positive, negative, neutral, whatever. You've got all covered.

Oh...I'm not the only crazy, neurotic INFJ out there :cheese: