• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

lillyofthevalley

MBTI Type
INFJ

tess2008

MBTI Type
INFJ
when you get upset at/by people who seemingly don't want or care about their life very much
and people who say life is boring after a while etc
i get upset because i don't understand how people could feel that way
and i get angry because i feel like that sort of attitude impinges upon EVERYONE around them, including me, and it's very oppressive.

it's like that quote.. er.. something along the lines of "there are only two ways to view the world: as though nothing is a miracle, or as though everything is a miracle.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
when you get upset at/by people who seemingly don't want or care about their life very much
and people who say life is boring after a while etc
i get upset because i don't understand how people could feel that way
and i get angry because i feel like that sort of attitude impinges upon EVERYONE around them, including me, and it's very oppressive.

it's like that quote.. er.. something along the lines of "there are only two ways to view the world: as though nothing is a miracle, or as though everything is a miracle.

Or people who don't care at all about what impact their choices make and then get extremely defensive at anything that goes against their way of doing things.

You know you're an INFJ when a lot of days you're irritated at yourself because you feel like you're being a jerk, and no one seems to notice the attitude you think you're projecting.

StormySunshine

MBTI Type
INFj
Enneagram
When you start reading a thread, and an hour later you see that you've still got over 150 pages yet to read, but there's a comment you want to make, and you're afraid that someone else has made the same comment, but it's not very logical to read the whole thread just to see if someone posted one comment, but someone might think you're stupid, or unmotivated if you were to make a comment that someone has already said, and you might hurt the feelings of that person if you copy their comment, since you obviously didn't take the time to read their post, so in the end, you skip to the end, and make a long explanation in the form of a thread comment so that everyone can clearly understand why you are about to make the comment you are about to make, and just hope that someone else hasn't used the same tactic, and that you're about to copy their post.

When everyone tries to finish your sentences, but never get it right, but to spare their feelings you say, "Yeah," anyway, and then go on with your original line of thought with, "Also it could be..." Of course, after they've unsuccessfully tried to finish your sentences several times in a row, you just give up as your idea of a perfect conversation begins to fragment around you, and you either clam up, or flat out tell them that you meant X not Y, and to hell with their feelings! Then you find out they could care less if you correct them...:shock:

P

Phantonym

You know you're an INFJ when a lot of days you're irritated at yourself because you feel like you're being a jerk, and no one seems to notice the attitude you think you're projecting.

Haha. Yes. I can relate to this. Actually, it's not only about feeling like a jerk. It's about lots of other things as well, either positive or negative feelings that seem so obvious to you but no one really seems to notice. That, in turn, makes you even more excited or irritated because you feel like an open book when things make you excited or irritated.

When everyone tries to finish your sentences, but never get it right, but to spare their feelings you say, "Yeah," anyway, and then go on with your original line of thought with, "Also it could be..." Of course, after they've unsuccessfully tried to finish your sentences several times in a row, you just give up as your idea of a perfect conversation begins to fragment around you, and you either clam up, or flat out tell them that you meant X not Y, and to hell with their feelings! Then you find out they could care less if you correct them...:shock:

I hate when something like that happens. They're not really listening to you. Rude and inconsiderate :steam:

Ok, I don't know if this has been posted before (it probably has, this thread is a monster).

You know you're an INFJ when most of the time you feel that you're doing half as much work with everything than everybody else does and you feel guilty because you think you should be doing more.

lillyofthevalley

MBTI Type
INFJ
When you start reading a thread, and an hour later you see that you've still got over 150 pages yet to read, but there's a comment you want to make, and you're afraid that someone else has made the same comment, but it's not very logical to read the whole thread just to see if someone posted one comment, but someone might think you're stupid, or unmotivated if you were to make a comment that someone has already said, and you might hurt the feelings of that person if you copy their comment, since you obviously didn't take the time to read their post, so in the end, you skip to the end, and make a long explanation in the form of a thread comment so that everyone can clearly understand why you are about to make the comment you are about to make, and just hope that someone else hasn't used the same tactic, and that you're about to copy their post.

Too funny. I do the opposite, I finish their sentences. I can figure out what they're going to say before they get there...lol. Some of them get miffed that I'm interrupting, but I can't seem to keep my mouth shut. I have a tendency to interrupt anyway, it's as if I think they're done talking. They've already said the meaty part so they must be finished right?

whatusername

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram

This is the same reason why I couldn't give my comment. Hehe, I promised to read all 150 pages of the thread first.

I can almost imagine your face when "your idea of the perfect conversation" crumble right before your very eyes. It's like seeing an old old house being demolished.

Of course, when this happens to me, I usually heave a huge sigh [and not of relief] then look away from the person with whom I'm talking. :hug: Hehe.

StormySunshine

MBTI Type
INFj
Enneagram
This is the same reason why I couldn't give my comment. Hehe, I promised to read all 150 pages of the thread first.

I can almost imagine your face when "your idea of the perfect conversation" crumble right before your very eyes. It's like seeing an old old house being demolished.

Of course, when this happens to me, I usually heave a huge sigh [and not of relief] then look away from the person with whom I'm talking. :hug: Hehe.

Yeah that's exactly me :D. And it's that old beautiful house with so much character.

lillyofthevalley

MBTI Type
INFJ
Your INTJ significant other demands on a daily basis that you grow some balls

I love this one. I'm not experiencing that with my significant other but I do with other people. Obviously, we need to stand up for ourselves when we're wronged, which I do, but I let things slide in conversation with people I don't know that well because I don't have the need to be right. Some extroverts don't see it this way and will cut others off mid sentence to challenge them on an opinion. Who gives a flying fig!

lillyofthevalley

MBTI Type
INFJ
When you have to slip a fiver into a homeless woman's pocket without her seeing you. But others think it doesn't count unless you get the recognition. (This actually happened to me and a debate ensued.)

StormySunshine

MBTI Type
INFj
Enneagram
When you have to slip a fiver into a homeless woman's pocket without her seeing you. But others think it doesn't count unless you get the recognition. (This actually happened to me and a debate ensued.)

I much prefer to do things without the recognition. I think it's extremely silly when people feel that they need to be recognized for something they do. Although this has come back to bite me a few times at work, when either other people get the recognition for something I did, or my boss just assumes that I'm being lazy, because I don't blow my own horn about all the things I've been doing.

On my last yearly review, it was mostly positive, but there were a couple of areas where he thought I needed improvement, and the entire time I was thinking that I was way beyond where he thought I needed to be. I've been trying to be more assertive and open about what I'm doing since then, but it's uncomfortable at times.

lillyofthevalley

MBTI Type
INFJ
The middle of the night, when the world is asleep, is the most wonderful time of the day.

You spend 10 minutes wondering why a common dove makes that funny little noise every time it flies.

HSP INFJs. You wish there wasn't such a fine line between dizzy and sick.

You're driven to google odd topics at least 3-5 times a week, but you don't remember half the stuff later.

You're reading style is by scanning, eliminating drivel information like what someone is wearing etc. only picking up on the basic content of the story.

Someone telling you the end of a book or movie might possibly be just-cause for murder.

Directions always need to have pictures.

You're focus keeps getting interrupted because your socks keep falling down.

Breast implants don't make sense. You envision archaeologists digging up their graves 200 years from now to find plastic sacks on top of their bones, or worse yet, will the gel sacks be like amber 1000 years from now?

Massive tattoos don't make sense either (sorry kids) because you can see these people when their old, with wrinkly/drooping black mass skin.

You say any of the above to another Type and they think you're either completely strange or very entertaining.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
When the only people on the forum that edit and delete their posts more than you do are INFPs.

P

Phantonym

You're driven to google odd topics at least 3-5 times a week, but you don't remember half the stuff later.

Hehe. I do that+Wikipedia surfing for hours :) I can remember that I've read something on the subject and I can visualize exactly where I read it but nothing more detailed than that.

ilovelurking

MBTI Type
INFJ
Wow. I can't believe I read all the posts from the beginning to this! :doh:

I'm new here (obviously.) Reading the posts make me feel like ET just got home.

I don't know if this is true for you because this could be just me: You know you have a lot of talents but you don't place so much importance on them. You'd rather be known by the things you do to inspire others.

statuesquechica

MBTI Type
INFj
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
^I'm impressed--I think I could only get through the first 70 pages then I did random page numbers, something like that.

And, I completely agree with your comment about being "known by the things you do to inspire others.":)

lumikuu

MBTI Type
infj
Hehe. I do that+Wikipedia surfing for hours :) I can remember that I've read something on the subject and I can visualize exactly where I read it but nothing more detailed than that.

hehe i've read pretty much every page in this thread and it amazes me how vacuous i am when it comes to remembering things >:/ this is one of the reasons i can rarely think of anything to say in social situations. in my head i'm used to communicating in very fragmented connections.