• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

P

Phantonym

Yes!!! This thread is alive!!! :static:
You know you're an INFJ when you feel like you have said more when you have said less.
:thelook: Absolutely
My hunches are more by color than by smell (I can barely smell most things anyway).

I have a very keen sense of smell but the hunches in colour I can definitely relate to :yes:
You’re talking to someone and they point out that you said a different word than the word you thought you were saying.
Haha. Very true, I do that all the time. My mind is always waaay ahead of what I'm saying and I certainly don't notice any slips until the person I speak with points that out. It's so infuriating, though. Being corrected. But I don't mind correcting others when I feel like it :devil: Mostly I don't :laugh:
You won’t commit to things because your conscience won’t let you drop out once you are involved.
You aren’t a leader and you aren’t a follower.

Intense arguments between other people make you extremely uncomfortable.

Arrogant people make you want to slap them.

You can’t think of a come-back remark until long after it’s time. Then you can think of a million.

You are intensely interested in the quirky.

You feel a little self conscious in a waiting room, at the same time you are quietly observing everyone else there.

You are a natural skeptic and slightly cynical.

You use metaphors without thinking.

Sitting for a long time in a place with loud, droning noise makes you sleepy but loud noise in general makes you antsy.

Looking at trees and hearing birds completely changes your mood.

:yes: A thousand time yes!
: You value solitude but at the same time crave social interaction.
: When your answer when people ask you how you made some of your judgments is, "I just know."
: Even though you think most of your peers are evil (unlike the INFP/ENFP who sees their peers as good), unlike the awesome NT's, you think that you can turn your peers from evil to good- if they believed in the same values you believed in.

Yup. Totally guilty of these :laugh:
You want to fit in but you don't find most people interesting anyway.

You are meticulous about your appearance and at the same time it doesn't seem natural to you to be that way.

You are a stickler for details and tidiness at work but you put stuff off at home.

Privacy is sacred.

When planning a trip, you spend almost as much time on the internet researching as it takes to get there. You do as much as you can to keep inconvenient surprises at bay.

You are open-minded and at the same time cautious.
Correct. :laugh: I think I might keep an eye on you, lillyofthevalley :popc1:
This thread may may be done

This thread is NEVER done! :)

V

violaine

You hear a meaningful song again and are involuntarily transported to the time and mood/emotional state where the song was first imprinted with meaning. ('K maybe not exclusively INFJ, but does this happen to any of you too?)

P

Phantonym

You hear a meaningful song again and are involuntarily transported to the time and mood/emotional state where the song was first imprinted with meaning. ('K maybe not exclusively INFJ, but does this happen to any of you too?)

:laugh: Definitely! I categorize songs by mood.

S

Sniffles

Yes all the time.

Eileen

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6?
Your partner has to order you to have fun in bed.

you've been bedding the wrong INFJs. :devil: Nobody ever has to tell me to have fun in bed...

You know you're an INFJ if you automatically start defending the humanity of the most despicable person in any given situation.

V

violaine

^Definitely not type related tyvm!

And yeah, defending the near indefensible, many instances come to mind. :laugh:

statuesquechica

MBTI Type
INFj
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You have experienced deja vu in your dreams. Or is that too far out there?

You can't listen to recordings of 911 tapes because you immediately feel the anxiety and fear of the person on the tape. It can be a very strong wave of emotion.

Evi

MBTI Type
INFJ
:laugh: Definitely! I categorize songs by mood.

And I thought I was the only one who did that with music...
I find my self defending near indefensible people too. Although I also find they tend not to be people I have personally shut out. But I think I could if I thought they were truly being wronged. Or not there to defend themselves. I can't stand it when people start taking jabs at someone who's absent.

Personally I don't think anything is to out there for dreams. Dreams are when the imagination finally becomes reality.

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
You know you're an INFJ if you automatically start defending the humanity of the most despicable person in any given situation.

Definitely. It's the curse of seeing too many perspectives at once...helpful in a lot of instances, but it makes it difficult to take a hard-line position on any issue or situation. Even when you know that you should.

I've experienced really strong waves of deja vu before, especially in conversations with people, and I don't know whether it's because I'm vaguely remembering something that has happened before or it's something that I dreamt about. Sometimes it feels like, "I've said these exact words before, and I could have sworn they were to this same person." It's only happened maybe five times that I can remember, but it's really perplexing.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Seems to me, that all the other people I know have very vivd dreams. Mine are old-school TV dreams: Grayscale and Grainy. Sometimes with a splash of color. I don't think I get anything as fancy as a deja vu in a dream. Or even a lucid dream.

I usually deja vu to where I deja vu'd to when I supposedly had a dream about that situation. It's all quite reality-shaking. Like a Tilt in pinball.

I have that situation, not often though. It seems random because it's usually a memory of some random thing in a video game. I vividly remember flying on a gryphon in World of Warcraft if I listen to a specific song.

And so far, I have the background music for the Tau from Dawn of War stuck in my head. Stupid oriental music being so awesome :D

lillyofthevalley

MBTI Type
INFJ

You can't listen to recordings of 911 tapes because you immediately feel the anxiety and fear of the person on the tape. It can be a very strong wave of emotion.

Yup to deja vu's and 911 tapes. MY BF loves those caught on video shows, I have to leave the room, it's excruciating for me to even think about what I might see.

P

Phantonym

Yes. I get those strong waves of emotions too. But I still watch and listen to them. And it's not only 911 tapes. Everything that has really happened gets me every time. Personal stories, written or portrayed on film, documentaries and so on. The emotion involved in it can be quite extraordinary to experience.

lillyofthevalley

MBTI Type
INFJ
I've noticed that hell hath no fury like an INFJ hurt; when my two INFJ female friends were hurt by people they were really close to, they came to me and poured out all that they were thinking and basically ripped those people a new one including telling me so much that they'd clearly been told in confidence.

I empathised with them but, subconsciously, shared less and less of myself with them out of the fear that they'd do the same to me if ever we had a misunderstanding.

Do any of you identify with this?

Or is it more of a situational thing whereby they trusted me?

I've been known to go into a fury and show my dark side, but it happens very, very seldom, when it does it scares everyone around me. They think I've snapped. I'm actually in control, just letting my inner monster have his say. For the next several days I will review and evaluate the situation to get a full understanding of what set me off, just to see if I misinterpreted anything, and what I have to learn from it.
I don't pass on personal information about other people, and I don't participate in gossip, but I might say the minimum about someone to another person to clarify the reason I'm mad, however I try to make sure there's little chance that the other person will be identified.

lillyofthevalley

MBTI Type
INFJ
Quotes from Marilyn Monroe: • I've often stood silent at a party for hours listening to my movie idols turn into dull and little people. • I restore myself when I'm alone.

I don't know what type personality Marilyn was but the thought occurred to me: Can it be more difficult for an INFJ to get through life if they're really good looking? Most of us don't like to stand out, but if you're very attractive someone is always looking at you. We are very much judged by our looks in this society.

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I have to watch myself when I really connect with someone who's a strong NJ, because we can get into this cycle where we end up discussing/analyzing mutual acquaintances. It's not usually meanspirited, but definitely can get judgmental, in which case I'll sometimes feel bad about it later. I think it's just such a relief to find someone who sees your point of view that sometimes things you'd usually only think are actually voiced. I won't divulge anything that was said to me in strict confidence, but at the same time, it does feel kind of....gossipy. For me, anyway.

P

Phantonym

Can it be more difficult for an INFJ to get through life if they're really good looking? Most of us don't like to stand out, but if you're very attractive someone is always looking at you. We are very much judged by our looks in this society.

Getting through life is difficult no matter what type. And somebody is always looking, no matter what you look like.

Anyway, the question is: are expectations bigger for people who are good looking or for those who are not so good looking, according to whatever aesthetical standards? And are those expectations what make you stand out? Are INFJs expected to stand out more even if they don't like it?