• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

lost verses

MBTI Type
AHH!
-You can't go to bed early because you need to stay up later and prolong your "reflective time"...

YES. This is actually what I'm doing right now. "I can't go to sleep because all this shit to analyze will still be here and it won't go away just because I'll be unconscious for 8 hours or so, so why the hell should I go to sleep now? Need to analyze MOOAAAR." This goes on every night until somehow the issue I'm pondering that month is solved.

P

Phantonym

...people ask what is going on in your mind and you're only able to envision this image but unable to put it into words.

Last edited:

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
...people ask what is going on in your mind and you're only able to envision this image but unable to put it into words.

I'm drawing something like that actually. Just a 'thinking bubble' with multiple metaphoric objects thrown in it.

As to my answer, I always say: "I dunno." Same with 'What's up?' or 'How was your day?' and the like.

YES. This is actually what I'm doing right now. "I can't go to sleep because all this shit to analyze will still be here and it won't go away just because I'll be unconscious for 8 hours or so, so why the hell should I go to sleep now? Need to analyze MOOAAAR." This goes on every night until somehow the issue I'm pondering that month is solved.

Yup.

lane777

nevermore
You don't contribute to a thread, unless you're fairly confident that your post will produce a response and will even delete those which have not accomplished this, for we find no point in throwing our thoughts/feeling out there, without making contact.

S

Sniffles

You don't contribute to a thread, unless you're fairly confident that your post will produce a response and will even delete posts which have not accomplished this; we find no point in throwing our thoughts/feeling out there, without making contact.

+1 Yes I do this constantly.

You also get a sick feeling in your stomach when you spend considerable time and energy posting something, only to have it disregarded and ignored. People just continue discussing as if you didn't post anything at all. What the hell was even the point of all that? :(

P

Phantonym

You don't contribute to a thread, unless you're fairly confident that your post will produce a response and will even delete those which have not accomplished this, for we find no point in throwing our thoughts/feeling out there, without making contact.

+1,5
I would completely agree if only my own contribution to the threads here was more meaningful and less ignorant.
That's why it's very difficult to join in a new forum. The n00b feeling lasts for a long time and the accumulation of knowledge even longer.

I guess this is what we have to consider with posting. Maybe it is better to let your thoughts out and see what happens. Positive or negative, doesn't matter. What can be learned from this matters. If you're ignored, you can start thinking why. However, you can get discouraged if this happens quite often.

I don't know if it's a good thing that the posts in here are undeletable and even uneditable after a while. From time to time I just get this uncontrollable urge to delete all of my inane ramblings. Ha ha, the joke's on me. But I guess it's good to go through your old posts, be ashamed and maybe learn something from this.

You also get a sick feeling in your stomach when you spend considerable time and energy posting something, only to have it disregarded and ignored. People just continue discussing as if you didn't post anything at all. What the hell was even the point of all that? :(

In your case, Peguy, your posts are something from the upper spheres. This little plebe here can only observe in awe and admiration. Don't think for a moment that you're disregarded and ignored!

tess2008

MBTI Type
INFJ
there's this thing i manage to do, not sure how INFJ related it is...

sometimes (not very often) there will be something that i just completely and utterly fail to understand. for example, a geography assignment about wastewater management systems, or something.. like that :cheese:

i will write out an essay without a clue what i'm talking about, and manage to make people think i understand EXACTLY what i'm talking about. this has happened a number of times :shock:

on a particular essay i did the teacher wrote 'you have an excellent understanding of the topic, well done.' :doh:

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

sometimes (not very often) there will be something that i just completely and utterly fail to understand. for example, a geography assignment about wastewater management systems, or something.. like that :cheese:

i will write out an essay without a clue what i'm talking about, and manage to make people think i understand EXACTLY what i'm talking about. this has happened a number of times :shock:

on a particular essay i did the teacher wrote 'you have an excellent understanding of the topic, well done.' :doh:

LoL I can bullsh*t like a pro too. Perhaps this is why bullsh*t doesn't escape us often... "Ya can't bullsh*t a bullsh*tter."

I'm never telling my kids I did this either!

P

Phantonym

I have that too. But I always feel bad afterwards, as if I'm letting myself and others down by not making an effort to understand the subject.

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I have that too. But I always feel bad afterwards, as if I'm letting myself and others down by not making an effort to understand the subject.

/agreed

It should be avoided, not simply because it's lazy and doesn't meet "the" arbitrary standard --it doesn't meet "our" standard and that eats away at us.

P

Phantonym

It should be avoided, not simply because it's lazy and doesn't meet "the" arbitrary standard --it doesn't meet "our" standard and that eats away at us.

:yes: My standards are enormous. There's this humongous one reserved for other people and the other, even bigger one, for myself.

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When you catch yourself daydreaming at work on a daily basis.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hmm, that daydreaming bizzo isn't restricted to INFJs ;) *floats off*

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

That is annoying, and sometimes hurtful when someone points it out. What was it someone said here about my posts once? Oh yes...something like..."I just skip over your posts most of the time." I would have been happier not ever knowing that information, especially since it was followed up by no coherent explanation as to why... Which made that sort of response a very pointless observation that only dug under my skin and made me feel like shit.

I tend to post something, then not post anything more in a thread unless someone comes up with something interesting that I want to add to. Most of the time, I don't have anything more to say on the matter, and I'll just keep reading the thread and keep my thoughts to myself.

I also tend to post in reference to myself a lot. Part of this is from only knowing myself. Most of it is because if I post something not "personal", then I will probably have to debate about it or prove my reasoning behind it, and I do that a little better in person (because if I sound like an idiot, it's easier to turn it into a joke) than I can on a forum--I also don't want to spend a whole lot of energy typing up my reasoning only to be told "oh that's wrong" again and again...just not worth the effort.

JohnDoe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
8w7
LoL I can bullsh*t like a pro too. Perhaps this is why bullsh*t doesn't escape us often... "Ya can't bullsh*t a bullsh*tter."

I'm never telling my kids I did this either!

Haha I'm superb at doing this on just about any subject... like the time I got an essay question I had no idea what it was about in ethics, so I just wrote pages of random stuff about ethics and then at the end wrote 1 paragraph on the subject trying to tie it together and I got a B because it was a bit light on answering the question :shock:

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1

What's worse is when you understood it the day before. I had that problem with compound names in chemistry. IT was horrible when I just pulled a blank every time I looked at it, AND that I understood it perfectly the day before.

i will write out an essay without a clue what I'm talking about, and manage to make people think i understand EXACTLY what I'm talking about. this has happened a number of times :shock:

Because writing is a much better mind-dump for us because it is still mostly introverted. We can choose to hand the paper to someone, so until that step happens it's still 'our thought.'

When TALKING however. I have the opposite problem. I know EXACTLY what I'm talking about but what comes out is gibberish. I like to say I broke the English language with my vastly superior thought. 'Masters blame their tools' and all that :D

:D