• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Nah thanks, to get you involved, would be like the day I would actually understand all the exotic words you use :D

LotsOfHeart

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
You might be an INFJ if. . .

-You realize just how much you love your mate when you're AWAY from them...

-You can't go to bed early because you need to stay up later and prolong your "reflective time"...

-You wish most people you know could be more like your "idealized" versions of them...

-You felt like there was some magical force making everyone around you way different than yourself until you took the MBTI and realized you're just the rarest personality type.

-You mull over things that don't go your way until you're blue in the face, but if something big goes your way you can get so happy you almost become an ENFJ.

-Hanging out with other people, especially extroverts, drains the CRAP out of you after a while.

-You struggle so hard to fit in your daily life drains the crap out of you.

-Your desk/floor is a mess and you couldn't care less, plus you think anyone who cleans obsessively should be channeling their energy towards more valuable goals, like fixing the economy or world peace.

-You are proud to include Jesus and Ghandi, but perhaps not so proud to include Mel Gibson and Adam Sandler, as members of your type.

-You don't understand why some people can't "read between the lines."

-When people wrong you, you retreat inward, and vow to prove your high level of skill and character to them. And with time you do, but most people aren't paying attention.

-You can explain the deepest, most unspoken principles behind every occurance you witness, but it takes you a week to finish a day's worth of simple errands.

-You're not especially popular, but everyone seems to like you because you never start conflicts, and they think you're interesting because you're different...

-People tell you the most personal information they're willing to share, and you enjoy listening.

-You think all of the popular types who always side with each other are pathetic...After all, you're a champion of the downtrodden!

-You're always looking to expose corruption wherever you go.

-There are many sides to you that no one knows you have and they would freak out if they knew you had them.

-You communicate better in writing than you do in actual spoken conversations.

-You think more people should wear condoms because there's TOO MANY PEOPLE HERE RIGHT NOW!

P

Phantonym

-You are proud to include Jesus and Ghandi, but perhaps not so proud to include Mel Gibson and Adam Sandler, as members of your type.

Hey, I love Adam Sandler and his shenanigans :laugh: I always thought he was an INFP.

-You think more people should wear condoms because there's TOO MANY PEOPLE HERE RIGHT NOW!

Definitely yes!

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

Sometimes, yes.

-You can't go to bed early because you need to stay up later and prolong your "reflective time"...

Yes. Also because I'm not tired yet.

-You wish most people you know could be more like your "idealized" versions of them...

NO! Never! Then they would become boring!

-You felt like there was some magical force making everyone around you way different than yourself until you took the MBTI and realized you're just the rarest personality type.

No.

-You mull over things that don't go your way until you're blue in the face, but if something big goes your way you can get so happy you almost become an ENFJ.

I suppose so...

-Hanging out with other people, especially extroverts, drains the CRAP out of you after a while.

Sometimes.

Not really. I just don't care anymore.

-Your desk/floor is a mess and you couldn't care less, plus you think anyone who cleans obsessively should be channeling their energy towards more valuable goals, like fixing the economy or world peace.

Yes, but no to the last part.

Not really. I don't particularly care nor do I think it possible to type people who are dead and who have no taken a proctored test.

No.

-When people wrong you, you retreat inward, and vow to prove your high level of skill and character to them. And with time you do, but most people aren't paying attention.

Yes.

-You can explain the deepest, most unspoken principles behind every occurance you witness, but it takes you a week to finish a day's worth of simple errands.

Sadly, yes. Procrastination for the win...

-You're not especially popular, but everyone seems to like you because you never start conflicts, and they think you're interesting because you're different...

I don't know what other people think of me other than "There's the chick in the hat".

-People tell you the most personal information they're willing to share, and you enjoy listening.

Not often, but yes.

-You think all of the popular types who always side with each other are pathetic...After all, you're a champion of the downtrodden!

No.

I get in moods to do so, but not "whereever I go."

-There are many sides to you that no one knows you have and they would freak out if they knew you had them.

Some people would. Some people know almost all sides.

I communicat more formally in writing, that's for sure. But much is missed without hearing my tone of voice.

:rofl1: My friend and I often talk about this. But it's not condoms...it's more like "More people should die from accidents and things that SHOULD kill them. We're saving too many people."

My thoughts in bold.

P

Phantonym

My friend and I often talk about this. But it's not condoms...it's more like "More people should die from accidents and things that SHOULD kill them. We're saving too many people."

:laugh: Now I don't have to feel bad about thinking exactly like that. I can blame it on my type. People seem to think INFJs are all rainbows and unicorns and stuff like that. Boy, are you wrong or what. We're just good at hiding our real thoughts and wrapping them in with pretty bows.

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
:laugh: Now I don't have to feel bad about thinking exactly like that. I can blame it on my type. People seem to think INFJs are all rainbows and unicorns and stuff like that. Boy, are you wrong or what. We're just good at hiding our real thoughts and wrapping them in with pretty bows.

I am Rainbows

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Now we just have to find you some unicorns, hideous thoughts and pretty bows to make up a perfect INFJ :laugh:

I have corsets, fishnets, leather boots, black skirts, black eyeliner and drip in silver jewelry, is that good enough?

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

Ah, well see I don't blame anything on my type really. And I'm actually very bad at dressing up my thoughts in pretty bows. That deception does not appeal to me either. Instead, to maintain harmony, I simply keep those thoughts to myself unless I see an opportunity to voice them.

Hmm, but I don't see any stereotype where INFJs are supposed to be rainbows and unicorns. I thought that was NFPs?

LotsOfHeart

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
LOL, thanks for taking the time to write responses, some good points there. It was meant to be tongue and cheek and I exaggerated a lot in certain parts I'll admit...Nice stuff though.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1

Yep

Some nights, definitely.

I wish I could live with the non-ideal person

Kind of, never really thought about it too much UNTIL I got into MBTI. Now it's just getting other people to listen to my ramblings about the subject!

Totally.

Yup.

Not me... though I'm learning TO fit in so I'm not such a weirdo.

Exactly! Though I prefer the term 'clutter' because mess assumes remnants of foodstuffs or other trashable things. Everything in my room has it's pile.

My mom loves Mel Gibson. I don't mind him. Adam Sandler has funny books, and I can't live up to either Big J or Ghandi.

Gah! Exactly! I may be blind to the obvious, but at least I'm not blind to what matters.

Ehhh... being young I still act rashly and get burned for it. I'm getting better though.

Yup. And to the former: Most people don't bother listening and it's irritating.

I guess. I'm popular with the creepy to semi creepy crowd and the kids who don't really care to fit in or not. Though I'm learning to be more 'socially presentable' in manners and speech (Tact or being quiet. I'm a one-liner kinda guy and it isn't always funny)

Not yet...

Yeah, basically.

A lot of people see some of those sides... I need to keep them low.

:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

QFT!!!

I agree with pretty close to all of them. I think it's a really nice list to show people who aren't into MBTI but you are pretty sure are INFJs.

LotsOfHeart

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Thanks for the response Skyward!

Just a note about this list I made, I actually took a kind of unorthodox approach to it. Probably the majority of things on the list are things that apply to me, although not all of them are (for example, I don't idealize everyone...Errr...Anymore.... but I do idealize some people, and try to stop when I do that). However, I figured that since I am an INFJ, and that this behavior seemed to be largely as a result of my personality (at least initially). I figured if I just wrote a bunch of personal things I did that seemed totally INFJ, that some other people on this board might read them and relate to at least some of what I said. And lo and behold, I was right (thanks, intuition :D)!

In any case, I wrote it mainly for fun, but I'm thrilled that some people were interested enough in it to reply to every one. I like seeing INFJs share insight, especially considering that I have not met anyone that I knew was an INFJ except for my mother. I'm sure I've met other INFJ's, but I am not sure who they would be. How cool to be able to talk with other INFJ's and read their opinions and insights! Awesome.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Thanks for the response Skyward!

Just a note about this list I made, I actually took a kind of unorthodox approach to it. Probably the majority of things on the list are things that apply to me, although not all of them are (for example, I don't idealize everyone...Errr...Anymore.... but I do idealize some people, and try to stop when I do that). However, I figured that since I am an INFJ, and that this behavior seemed to be largely as a result of my personality (at least initially). I figured if I just wrote a bunch of personal things I did that seemed totally INFJ, that some other people on this board might read them and relate to at least some of what I said. And lo and behold, I was right (thanks, intuition :D)!

In any case, I wrote it mainly for fun, but I'm thrilled that some people were interested enough in it to reply to every one. I like seeing INFJs share insight, especially considering that I have not met anyone that I knew was an INFJ except for my mother. I'm sure I've met other INFJ's, but I am not sure who they would be. How cool to be able to talk with other INFJ's and read their opinions and insights! Awesome.

^^ Yeah, I wish I could find an INFJ I could talk to better. The one I'm currently trying to befriend is always busy (Verrry J) and currently can't get onto Facebook for whatever reason. It's kind of frustrating because I can relate to her mannerisms and such, unlike, say, everyone else I know.

karenk

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Yes, but most of the time I don't enjoy listening, especially when it's coming from someone I just met 10 minutes ago. How to turn this off?

YES! I don't understand that automatic happy response I see most people have upon hearing anyone in the world is pregnant. Has anyone heard of overpopulation?

but perhaps not so proud to include Mel Gibson and Adam Sandler, as members of your type.

This is horrible. LOL.

ReadingRainbows

Cat Wench
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Originally Posted by LotsOfHeart
but perhaps not so proud to include Mel Gibson and Adam Sandler, as members of your type.

I love Adam Sandler - I am VERY proud to include him in my type, besides its just type anyways, not some special club where we deny entry.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You tell your book-alien entp friend about disc world and never notice for how neverending long you could go on telling

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
You tell your book-alien entp friend about disc world and never notice for how neverending long you could go on telling

My ENTP friend steals books from our school library if it doesn't have the tag on it... :huh:

I haven't been able to get many Discworld books either.