• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

B

ByMySword

......you don't like talking on the phone and would much rather talk to someone in person.

You can if you have to, and once you get comfortable with it you're fine, but you must get psychologically prepared first.

P

Phantonym

......you don't like talking on the phone and would much rather talk to someone in person.

You can if you have to, and once you get comfortable with it you're fine, but you must get psychologically prepared first.

When it's a friend or a close family member, I can chat for hours over the phone if I feel like it.

But in official business, I'm like...KISS (Keep it short and statistical).
I usually write down the questions I want to ask somebody over the phone and then I'm like a human-UZI, spitting out the words so that I always have to repeat what I said. Sometimes I even jot down the outline of the conversation I intend to steer to.

With friends, I definitely prefer to talk in person but when it's somebody I have to talk with about business, e-mails are, of course, the best. The phone being a close second. NO! to talking in person :eek:

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
With friends, I definitely prefer to talk in person but when it's somebody I have to talk with about business, e-mails are, of course, the best. The phone being a close second. NO! to talking in person :eek:

:yes: I am the same.

P

Phantonym

...when reading about INFJs you feel that the world sees you like some deity incarnated...

Last edited:

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Anyone else have a problem with losing all coherency with grammar and having to sloowwww down to be able to understand yourself? Ive gotten to the point where I forget what I said a second after I said it and vaguely realize that I replaced one word with another that flummoxes the whole thing. I even sometimes say something and then wonder if I actually said it at all and it wasnt actually just in my head.

quietmusician

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Skyward, I have this problem sometimes. It's like I have to shutdown for a second and reboot. I think it's because we want whatever we are saying to come out coherently, like how it was in our heads.

When I don't have my Ipod with me I walk around with my own soundtrack in my head. Weird I guess, but it's just something I find myself doing a lot.

Anyone else do this?

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Skyward, I have this problem sometimes. It's like I have to shutdown for a second and reboot. I think it's because we want whatever we are saying to come out coherently, like how it was in our heads.

When I don't have my Ipod with me I walk around with my own soundtrack in my head. Weird I guess, but it's just something I find myself doing a lot.

Anyone else do this?

:yes:

I always have some tune playing over in my head. In the background of any sort of primary thought train. If that makes sense.. It's never an entire song, just certain measures and phrases.

P

Phantonym

Anyone else do this?

Yes. And it's not weird :)

I can't say that I have my own, the one and only, "theme song" accompanying my every move but there's always some song I like to listen to in my head. It really is as if I have my own personal playlist in my mind and I can choose songs that correlate with my emotions at that particular time.

I always have some tune playing over in my head. In the background of any sort of primary thought train. If that makes sense..

It does make sense. Personally, I find that it helps to set the mood. For example, if I'm thinking about something positive I'd like to do, there's always some energizing song I instantly think about. I guess, you could call it a "theme song of a thought" :D And it differs with different thoughts and emotions. If that makes sense...

Wyst

lurking....
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

Anyone else do this?

Do I EVER! :yes:

Ruby Tuesday

MBTI Type
INFJ
The song-in-head thing has just started happening to me in the last few years. Whenever something happens or I have a specific thought - often a worried or regretful one - a lyric will pop into my head to accompany it, one which either illustrates it or has the effect of bucking me up or reminding me of an important lesson. Strange, because when I actively listen to music I listen more to the melody or beat and don't pay so much attention to the lyrics. It's happening a lot more since I started cycling everywhere every day.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
The song-in-head thing has just started happening to me in the last few years. Whenever something happens or I have a specific thought - often a worried or regretful one - a lyric will pop into my head to accompany it, one which either illustrates it or has the effect of bucking me up or reminding me of an important lesson. Strange, because when I actively listen to music I listen more to the melody or beat and don't pay so much attention to the lyrics. It's happening a lot more since I started cycling everywhere every day.

Yeah! For me it usually more of a religious connotation/reminder (Shadow Fi morals using Ni to get conscious?). My family is a strong pentecostal family. 'Small still voice' anyone? I could even go on a tangent on how getting the holy spirit gives INFJ-ish qualities to any type. But that's something to blog about :D

I'm more interested in the overall construction and 'togetherness' of a song rather than the lyrics and what the message is. My ENFP friend pays more attention to lyrics and the emotion of the song. For me the emotion of the song is only a part of the mood and construction of the song.

I ALWAYS seem to be tapping out the melody or rhythm if my hands arent doing something, even then my foot taps if I'm sitting. It's my 'background action,' like pacing while on the phone. I think it is our way of sating the beast that is our Inferior Se so we can think clearer. I think the only time I'm not tapping something is when I'm reading deeply.

I struggle pretty hard with reading music, I get conflicting messages and my mind just shuts down and I draw a blank. I learn better in 'purer' forms. Music to music, visual to visual, et c.

G

Glycerine

Yes. And it's not weird :)

I can't say that I have my own, the one and only, "theme song" accompanying my every move but there's always some song I like to listen to in my head. It really is as if I have my own personal playlist in my mind and I can choose songs that correlate with my emotions at that particular time.

It does make sense. Personally, I find that it helps to set the mood. For example, if I'm thinking about something positive I'd like to do, there's always some energizing song I instantly think about. I guess, you could call it a "theme song of a thought" :D And it differs with different thoughts and emotions. If that makes sense...

No wonder why I always have a particular song on repeat. I pick up a song that relates to my mood and will listen to it for hours. It helps me to concentrate a specific thought train. Man, we, INFJs are total attention whores w/ over 150 pages.... hahahaha

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
No wonder why I always have a particular song on repeat. I pick up a song that relates to my mood and will listen to it for hours. It helps me to concentrate a specific thought train. Man, we, INFJs are total attention whores w/ over 150 pages.... hahahaha

Na, ENTPs are, they're the ones that go around tripping threads with their shenanigans. INFJs are just chatty

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've had the music/song thing for my whole life. I always have a tune playing in my head, and my dreams are usually accompanied by a rousing soundtrack, much like a movie. I have a mental jukebox of literally thousands of songs, many of which I can call up at will.

I've come to believe that musical intelligence and Introverted Intuition may be connected. I was taught to sing as a child, but have no other musical training whatsoever, yet I always score very highly on any test for measuring musical aptitude.

I haven't sung in front of an audience for over 20 years, yet when we recently acquired a Playstation Singstar game, I astonished everyone (including myself) by consistently getting top scores on every song.

Sometimes, if I'm struggling with a problem or dilemma, a song will start to play in the background of my mind. If I ignore it, it just gets louder and louder until I can no longer ignore it. Then I will realise that the song lyrics contain the solution to the problem or the answer to the dilemma or some other astonishing insight. What is this, if not Ni itself in action?

Ruby Tuesday

MBTI Type
INFJ
I am just reading one of Ian Rankin's Inspector Rebus novels ('Dead Souls') and have noticed that he has this happen to Rebus all the time. He'll interrupt the action, dialogue or whatever, insert the name of a [relevant for the moment] song and its performer, then carry on with the storytelling. I don't think I've ever seen this in any other book.

Apollanaut, this evening I left a workplace I won't be returning to. Emotionally, it's a strange situation: I'm delighted to be moving to a different location of and role within my organization, but am also moving (sideways) because they failed me in my former position, and as a result I failed them. It started to feel painful as I pulled away from the gates, but then Robbie Williams made a private appearance in my head to sing me "No Regrets" and all was well in my world again.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
HOW DARE YOU?!!!

I say, man, draw your weapon!

:spam_laser:

My Ni psychic powers never need to be 'drawn!' *ZAP a la Psychonauts*

Also as an INFJ, I'm very flexible in my knowledge and skills. I could become at least fair at anything I tried without a huge amount of effort. I do pick up some of the simpler things rather slowly, but it's more like my mental doorman doesn't let it in right away and then I wake up one day and -get it- (I couldn't understand subtracting negative numbers for the longest time and then after a few months of not thinking about math I just new it the next school year).

Lotr246

I had to bring this back. We cannot let our efforts fade away! You know you're an INFJ when you "test" your friends' loyalty. Such as, one simple "test" I do is to not call my friend in a few days to see if he/she will initiate the call. I feel I keep in contact with my friend pretty frequently, but I want to see if they will do the same for me. Anyone else do this?