• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You know you're an INFJ when...

you use :hug: after every one of your arguments.

Eh. That's only if we're feeling conciliatory. That seems more indicative of an ENFP.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
isn't that what i said? :hug: after every argument to make peace

Yup... I'm just oblivious when peace needs to be made. Usually I'm rankled enough to where I just need to cool off before the :hug:s can commence.

Faine

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Do you find you ask others a lot of questions for the sake of stimulating conversation? Usually, I know the answer the other person is going to give, but I just like to focus my attention on the other person and keep the conversation going.

Also, on a bad day, I find myself to be quite misanthropic and critical of others in my own head without wanting to be. I rarely voice my negative opinions of others, though. Would you agree with this?

More often than not I do know what they're going to say before they say it, yes, and sometimes I'll ask questions to which I already know the answer just to keep people happy and to reassure them that I'm interested in what they have to say. I usually find I don't need to though, as the majority of people seem content to chatter away about anything and everything and require very little encouragement from me other than for the occasional smile, 'mmm' or 'yeah' to prove I'm listening. That usually works out fine, because I'm generally more of a listener than a talker anyway. The bottom line is: normally I'm quite comfortable with silence myself, but a lot of people don't seem to be, so I try to make sure they're not feeling awkward or ignored by asking them questions about whatever they seem to enjoy talking about. Most of the time I am genuinely interested as well, I like learning about people.

Yes for the second point too. They're rare, but on a bad day I feel completely isolated from the world and generally have a chip on my shoulder about everyone and everything. I'll start picking people apart, doubting their intentions, getting frustrated with individuals as well as humanity as a whole and consider a large number of people just plain 'stupid' or inferior... superiority complex to the max. Ouch. I never ever, ever voice these negative thoughts though. People often don't even realise I'm having a bad day, even though I'm feeling very melodramatic and depressive inside my own head. I suppose a part of me realises I'm going overboard and keeps it all under control. On a normal day I'm honestly very accepting and see the good in everyone. I really hate the silent monster I become on a bad day, it's like I become an entirely different person at times.

you use :hug: after every one of your arguments.

This one made me grin. :D I don't know if I'd use that emote, but your point still remains. It's very rare for me to have an arguement with someone without trying to keep the peace one way or another. Then again, I wouldn't say that I argue all that often anyway. It takes an awful lot to get me really angry, even when I'm defending something I feel passionately about.

Split_Infinitive

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram

...at age 8 you tell your mom you want to become "someone who solves conflict" when you grow up (I always felt like I could see human relationships like coloured lines crossing the room).

...every day is a conscious battle not to turn into a crazy catlady.

...you tell your INTJ friend that you don't mind being an INFJ, you just wished you were better at it.

...you were born at the age of about 55 (I was such an old fart when I was little) and at 36 you feel like you're finally hitting emotional puberty, in reverse (like the curious case of Benjamin Button).

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
...every day is a conscious battle not to turn into a crazy catlady.

Battle? Nay, sir! It is an all out war! And I am losing, but I think I'm okay with it.

...you were born at the age of about 55 (I was such an old fart when I was little) and at 36 you feel like you're finally hitting emotional puberty, in reverse (like the curious case of Benjamin Button).

I'm still an old fart in my head. Mentally, I feel like I'm 40 or something... Emotionally and relationally, I'm 15 stuck on that first date with myself. And then somewhere in there is a 7-year-old running around causing havock and excitement. While physically I'm 21.

Sometimes, I really am confused and don't know what age I really am. So, I cut off a toe and count the rings just to have something to go by. :D

B

ByMySword

....you have this intuitive feeling that you're the "chosen one" in some form or another and that you are supposed to make a lasting effect on people, the world, existence, etc.

Logically, you rationalize that the odds are slim that this is probably true, but there's a little voice in the back of your mind that continues to push for this scenario.

Anyone? :huh:

vince

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
6w
....you have this intuitive feeling that you're the "chosen one" in some form or another and that you are supposed to make a lasting effect on people, the world, existence, etc.

Logically, you rationalize that the odds are slim that this is probably true, but there's a little voice in the back of your mind that continues to push for this scenario.

yup, we're all da one.

sade

Sigh.. perhaps.

maliafee

You know you're an INFJ when... you look like this:

Moms55th01.jpg

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1

I can definitely see this in my group of friends. A lot of the time I can't imagine not being in their lives. Then I feel bad for thinking so egocentricly.

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Oh, yeah, that's always been there! Like Neo in "The Matrix". Sometimes I actually feel guilty that I'm not doing more to make this happen.

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
You know you're an INFJ when you're ... Clumsy ?

I can be hyperaware of my body and yet be amazingly clumsy. "Where did that #¤&& chair come from"

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
You know you're an INFJ when you're ... Clumsy ?

I can be hyperaware of my body and yet be amazingly clumsy. "Where did that #¤&& chair come from"

Just another level of Sensotardation, or 'Environmental Clumsiness' :D

I commonly set things only halfway on a desk and then they fall off. Or I forget where I set something just seconds ago.