• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

SurlyAdam

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Wow... You people honestly freak the shit outta me. I can't imagine what it's like to feel that much. I can be moved to depths of emotion too, but only privately. And very rarely. Makes me wonder if I became and INTJ so I could remove myself from everything going on around me and not feel so fully, as it never really seemed to help. In fact, I think I was probably an INFJ into my late twenties, when I became more philosophically about life.

Maybe I still am an INFJ. But it hasn't come out in a long while...

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Wow... You people honestly freak the shit outta me. I can't imagine what it's like to feel that much. I can be moved to depths of emotion too, but only privately. And very rarely. Makes me wonder if I became and INTJ so I could remove myself from everything going on around me and not feel so fully, as it never really seemed to help. In fact, I think I was probably an INFJ into my late twenties, when I became more philosophically about life.

Maybe I still am an INFJ. But it hasn't come out in a long while...

My 'feel' is more like a stronger gut pull towards ideas and people. Its harder for me to logically thwart my instincts. I don't know how you can live without this much feeling :D

I rarely consciously think "This to this then there to this." Its like my mind just wanders under the current of my mind. Like the undertow in rivers and oceans.

People have called me heartless, or an ass, but that's because theyre the people I -really- don't want to deal with (They tend to be NTs and SJs. The former I can live with better, though. My best friend is a very smart INTP (Redundant? I dunno) and I love to brainstorm with him, especially on DnD matters. My Fe focuses my mind when talking with people, so I'm more idea efficient that way. The ideas are remembered better too. I dont deal with SJs often enough to know how to spot them or act around them. I do know a couple ISFJs and can talk with them well enough.)

>.>

[/ramble]

Lotr246

When you understand a person's thoughts so well that he'll say "Yes! Exactly!" (Or something along those lines).

wwbeachbum161

MBTI Type
INFJ
When you understand a person's thoughts so well that he'll say "Yes! Exactly!" (Or something along those lines).

Do you mean like when someone can't think of the word they want to use next in their sentence, so they turn to look at you to help them out? And you give them a word/phrase, and their response is "Yes! Exactly!" Because that just literally happened to me 4 times in the last four hours! lol

something boring

MBTI Type
nnja
Enneagram
4w5
To answer this question, yes, in fact. On the buses sometimes a feeling just comes over me and I just want to put my hand on someone's shoulder. Or there is just something that compels me to want to reach out and hug someone I do not know.

This can easily be thought of as well what it appears to be. It comes usually when I feel alone and detached.

I usually get this urge when the other person looks upset. This is often why I start talking to people.

Lotr246

Do you mean like when someone can't think of the word they want to use next in their sentence, so they turn to look at you to help them out? And you give them a word/phrase, and their response is "Yes! Exactly!" Because that just literally happened to me 4 times in the last four hours! lol

Yes, that too. But I'm also thinking of when someone's telling you about their plans, goals, feelings, etc., and you, without really thinking hard (sometimes not at all), can determine their motivations or how it really makes them feel or think. When you do this, they reply, "Yes!" or "Right!". Is that more clear?

wwbeachbum161

MBTI Type
INFJ
Yes, that too. But I'm also thinking of when someone's telling you about their plans, goals, feelings, etc., and you, without really thinking hard (sometimes not at all), can determine their motivations or how it really makes them feel or think. When you do this, they reply, "Yes!" or "Right!". Is that more clear?

:yes:

MrRandom

MBTI Type
INFJ
Are you letting this thread die? Come on! :)

- INFJs have a different concept of time than others (Ni?). I get criticized for it sometimes... in the form of "Why haven't I heard from you for a long time?!?". It's very annoying, because I often feel like there was not really time in-between at all (exception: really, really close people).

- Similar to previous: you could continue a conversation where it left off even if there was a year or two in the middle. It's easy for us to "go back" in our minds.

- To your own horror, you speak a very peculiar metaphor like you were possessed... Then people are anxiously waiting for your explanation as to how it relates to the subject at hand... but you have hardly any idea! However, you always come up with ingenious interpretations.

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Are you letting this thread die? Come on! :)

- INFJs have a different concept of time than others (Ni?). I get criticized for it sometimes... in the form of "Why haven't I heard from you for a long time?!?". It's very annoying, because I often feel like there was not really time in-between at all (exception: really, really close people).

- Similar to previous: you could continue a conversation where it left off even if there was a year or two in the middle. It's easy for us to "go back" in our minds.

- To your own horror, you speak a very peculiar metaphor like you were possessed... Then people are anxiously waiting for your explanation as to how it relates to the subject at hand... but you have hardly any idea! However, you always come up with ingenious interpretations.

Yes to all of the above! I often feel like something is "possessing" me when i come up with some profound pearl of wisdom.

At other times, I have no idea how I know so much about some obscure subject I do not remember ever studying.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Yes to all of the above! I often feel like something is "possessing" me when i come up with some profound pearl of wisdom.

At other times, I have no idea how I know so much about some obscure subject I do not remember ever studying.

Easy, I just say 'I saw it somewhere' :D

I do relate very well with the concept of time being weird for us. For me, I dont have a time line in my head, but a pile of memories, some with dates, some do not. I kinda remember the vague time something happened by trying to remember something that happened near that time. Its all kinda hard to explain but it makes so much sense!

I used to be in a math league in my county. I always struggled with the math when I was doing practice problems at school or at home, but when I got to the meet I just fell into myself and my eyes felt like portholes, not 'eyes,' like I was seated just behind them in my brain. At these times I also have very clear understanding of what to do during the math problems, all without thinking much. I think it is a subconscious absorption of the knowledge/focus used by the other competitors.

I also feel comfortable learning about individual people in a group setting. There are enough distractions that I try not to think about what I'm saying to the person as much.It helps a LOT when I'm attracted to them.

I find myself doing something like that. I remember a piece of the conversation that wasn't 'set' right in my mind or a question I meant to ask. It keeps the conversation fresh in my mind kind of.

One thing I also find is that me and my INTP friend constantly know exactly what the other is talking about even if we use totally vague ideas. I'm sure anyone listening to us would wonder if we were communicating half by telepathy. I wouldn't be surprised if we were. INFJs seem to be able to mentally stick to people we're close to, I think.

P

Phantonym

Is 1410 posts really all you can manage? Come on INFJ's, don't let this thread slip into the oblivion!

batumi

MBTI Type
infj
Well I am currently quite indignant and protective about a situation where it seems one person is manipulating another. It came to me that I do this more often than I probably should. Also I tend to repeat myself when I get worked up.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Well I am currently quite indignant and protective about a situation where it seems one person is manipulating another. It came to me that I do this more often than I probably should. Also I tend to repeat myself when I get worked up.

I cant stand watching manipulation either.

I repeat myself when I'm not sure I'm being listened to.

Pfft. Medieval PC games with lots of mods ftw! (I hear they're making another elder scrolls game *glee!*)

Even from a gameplay perspective, I highly preferred the smoothness of the combat in Fallout 3 over Oblivion. Not to mention I'm easily freaked out by surprise attacks, making a 'sneak-upon' combat style useful for me from a sanity perspective :D

I don't feel that I fit in mentally to the Medieval time period, either. It's almost like learning another culture just to know if my responses are 'in character.' (Something I do a lot in games with multiple-choice dialog systems)

Lastly... You don't get Mini Nuke Launchers in Oblivion... Or Sniper Rifles...

P

Phantonym

Hey, I'm not even sure I'm aware or how strong my convictions are until I'm faced with something that makes my convictions surface :D

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Hey, I'm not even sure I'm aware or how strong my convictions are until I'm faced with something that makes my convictions surface :D

Haha, that's the way I am. And then it's a big surprise and a whole lot of confusion and introspection afterwards as I try to figure out WHY that was there and why I didn't even know about it. What are you hiding from me brain?! Hmm?

Journey

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I was thinking along the same lines as Sky is Blue and Kyrielle.

And by the way, Kyrielle:

"God tolerates evil and accommplishes His good purposes from it."
-Journey

(Rom 8:28 And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. KJV)