• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
You're easily amused.

I find the absurd to be funny. Too bad my ISFP and ISFj friend don't understand Monty Python humor :D

I give off an aura of oogy boogy-ness that seems to keep people away from me (Unless its friends or good acquaintances during lunch, then I'm pretty open and then my glowing underbelly* shows.)

I found a new type of INFJ to add to the Humanist Scholar and Confidant types: The Frenzied Doer. The one I know is easily bored if not doing something ("Guess what guys! I actually had free time so I cleaned my room!") Her business makes it hard to get a date with her... (*Cough* :blush:)

She's also more popular (In the sense that people greet her more often than not).

*Not LITERALLY

Patriot

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5

Ok, this is kind of random and unrelated and might even come off as being offensive and I'm not even INFJ so I'm not even sure what I'm doing in this thread but I think it's because I happen to have a lot of INFJs in my life and they fascinate me because they're so different and mysterious and talkative and quiet and just generally paradoxical creatures that are incredibly lovely and hard to understand; but... um... :cheese:

INFJs. They do this...this thing. The INFJs I know, anyway.
I'll go on a long tirade about something (which I don't do often, but you know, on occasion...) or talk about how much I enjoy something to an INFJ, and then I'll ask them: don't they like it, too? And I get a....

"No."

:huh:

Gotta love the chillingly frank honesty.

(Sorry, Thursday, I don't mean to pick on you. I'm not saying it's bad. I'm just saying. :hug: )

Carry on! :headphne:

G

Glycerine

I do the same thing...Why start a project for it to take a long time? Such a process type thing to do...Efficiency and condensing is where it's at for me...perhaps this is your preference too?

I mean, when I have a constant stream of thoughts I like to get them down..Not do one, take 5 mins. and do something else then return to writing. This just ends up with me saying "Now where was I?"

What about you?

Actually, I'm a lot like this. I rarely finish an assignment ahead of time (unless it's a huge paper... I sometimes need several days to organize my ideas or it kind of sounds like a drunk person wrote it but I still write papers the night before) and I tend to and like to wait until the last possible minute. It's kind of refreshing not having so much time to dwell on something because I get way too sidetracked.

haha, if I weren't INFJ, I

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I mostly keep my amusement to myself, but a lot of things do strike me rather funny. I end up with suppressed smirks at the most inopportune times. It's a difficult humor to communicate because "you had to be there" and "there" is inside my head. Alot is imagination based. I do have the ability to instill a deep sense of silliness into most any creature.

Some of my favorite humor involves nuanced facial expressions, paradox, and clever word play. I especially like "Flight of the Concords", "The Office", and the Comedy Central's news shows. I was also rather fond of "Bubble Boy" and...

"Kabluey".

00_kabluey_aff2007_m.jpg

sade

I am easily amused by contradictory and absurd things, word plays. And morbid humour. But I do keep it to myself a lot.

Which reminds me.
:yim_rolling_on_the_

Well, actually it's not that funny since I have an INFP moping at me for that exact reason. But still. I've tried to tell her I don't need that long tirade of speech. Ah well.

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
This is the best quote you've read in quite a while:

Be courteous to all, but intimate with few, and let those few be well tried before you give them your confidence.
- George Washington

As far as the humor issue goes...I have a good sense of humor, but I don't think of myself as overtly funny. I love to laugh and do so very often, and humor is something I value in friendships. I definitely can be funny and have a sort of sarcastic/observational humor of my own, but it typically doesn't come out until I'm very comfortable with someone. I come across as much more serious than I am at heart. More than once, I've had good friends later say, "When I first met you, I had no idea you were funny."

Patriot

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Which reminds me.

:yim_rolling_on_the_

Well, actually it's not that funny since I have an INFP moping at me for that exact reason. But still. I've tried to tell her I don't need that long tirade of speech. Ah well.

Lol. You know you love us.
I had a hard time explaining myself there. It's often not even a long tirade of speech that brings about those kind of abrupt answers because I haven't even learned how to speak yet. :blush: But one word answers can be such conversation killers, and make me wonder why I made an effort to talk to the person in the first place. :violin:

Journey

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
...you don't cry very often, but when you do you can never tell if you're crying out of joy or sadness. It's the beauty and pain wrapped up together that makes you cry (except for in extreme cases).

Or maybe that's just me...:blush:

Me, too. I just discovered that I cry for joy sometimes and don't realize it. It often feels as painful as sadness. I wonder if realizing that I'm crying for joy will change anything?

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
I mostly keep my amusement to myself, but a lot of things do strike me rather funny. I end up with suppressed smirks at the most inopportune times. It's a difficult humor to communicate because "you had to be there" and "there" is inside my head. Alot is imagination based. I do have the ability to instill a deep sense of silliness into most any creature.

Some of my favorite humor involves nuanced facial expressions, paradox, and clever word play. I especially like "Flight of the Concords", "The Office", and the Comedy Central's news shows. I was also rather fond of "Bubble Boy" and...

"Kabluey".

I rarely watch movies since I cant pause it and think of a different path the plot could have taken like I can in a book. I usually use TV as background noise while working on homework (Thank Jeebus for History channel, discovery channel, and other 'boring' channels)

I found Arrested Development hilarious in the off the wall subtle humor. And dont forget Monty Python's wittily absurd ("Spare an alm for an ex-leper?" - "And suddenly the artist had a massive heart attack and died, and the beast was no more.")

I made a joke where I invented a 'logic' that made everyone not count. You'll have to PM a request for it, I dont want to add too much fluff to this post :D

raz

Let's make this showy!
MBTI Type
LoLz
I rarely watch movies since I cant pause it and think of a different path the plot could have taken like I can in a book. I usually use TV as background noise while working on homework (Thank Jeebus for History channel, discovery channel, and other 'boring' channels)

See, I don't do that because I don't want to fill my head with something unrelated to what's actually happening. :p

Antreus

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4/2
Do you seriously have a desire to hug strangers?
This is a sincere question.

To answer this question, yes, in fact. On the buses sometimes a feeling just comes over me and I just want to put my hand on someone's shoulder. Or there is just something that compels me to want to reach out and hug someone I do not know.

This can easily be thought of as well what it appears to be. It comes usually when I feel alone and detached.

Antreus

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4/2
You know you're an INFJ when you constantly become tongue tied during conversations because the thoughts in your head are trying to come out faster than your mouth can process them into words.

Honestly, out of all the INFJ here you really hit more nails on the head than anyone in a most detached fashion. Thank you for your insights they are spot on.

Tongue tied yes! It's almost like word salad, so frustrating! Wine sometimes helps, but then I just end up overcompensating and talking faster when I am on a good stride. Which can probably be overwhelming and smothering to take all in for the poor listener.

Antreus

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4/2
you know youre an INFJ if:

Someone sees you and asks whats wrong, and this makes you feel even more sad because you have to tell them you dont know whats wrong...

You never want to go to sleep because you dont want to miss anything...

You want to read your favorite book from the different perspectives of all the characters involved...

everyone's personality has a different "flavor"....

people ask you if youre on drugs...

you wish people would engage in more physical contact...(not that way gutterminds)

You try to imagine people's entire lives while you watch them walk across campus...

picking a name for a character in your story takes days while the story only took two hours to write...

In your mind you can make the happiest song bring you to tears...

(true/ not?)

I am going to have to agree with all of these points because I have done them all inexplicably without actively pursuing them.

If I feel strongly, emotionally attached to someone, usually intuitive feeling/thinking types. I have a hard time letting go of their personality in my consciousness. So to alleviate this I will in effect role play their life like a storybook hypothetically and send them my good well wishes to compensate for the burden of not having them to mentally/physically stimulate me. Also, I do these scenarios with people I do not know, or people I see frequently as I go about my day-to-day grind. A lot of what ifs, who, why, whens, what is's, and how they have beens and or doings.

Names are very personal for me. So are words. I do not actively use a word unless it is revelatory to me in some fashion emotionally or receptively. If I play any roleplaying game or if I write any story. The names of characters are one thing that takes the longest time. Intonation of the syllables, eccentricity, or sometimes quick and simple yet powerfully stimulating. It takes me hours to be happy with a name I have chosen because it must impart perfect peace, understanding, and character traits to the role they fill based off of exactly I couldn't tell you.

I do wish people engaged in more personal contact. So much that I have almost become estranged to it in a very conservative fashion when it is imparted to me-- I have to be warmed up. I am not exactly a complete rainbow. I actually need the pot of gold.

It is more about sensuality and for me it imparts comradeship and commonality among participants. It is very much a cultural thing depending on where you go. So if I were in your shoes, travel, and learn other languages associated with characteristics of more physical receptivity without the banal baggage of your current cultures perceptions of closeness / trust / eccentricity faulting or rather complete awkwardness.

Usually when I am depressed I listen to very upbeat music, like the j-pop group Perfume. This easily brings me to tears. There are times when I have tears and I am not aware of the sentiments that provided them. Sometimes if something moves deeply in me as I am actively doing it, like singing, reading my own writing, it can give me an elation. Very jubilant. Even when I am speaking about things that are emotionally close to me I can tear up because I feel very exposed to impart this sense of spiritual birthing it takes to do it. I could almost liken them to birth pains even though I am not a woman. Maybe I take that back, sorry ladies.

Lastly, I do get asked if I am on meds or rather, where are your meds? I don't smoke marijuana. The last time I did it felt like a crumpled up ball of paper in my head that unraveled as if a smoldering coal had been placed inside and unfurled. That and the paranoia? Talk about warped. Why do I need help in this department??

As far as stimulants go... coffee, nicotine, love me.

Antreus

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4/2
Writing is like speaking to you, you write "as you speak", it comes naturally but speaking is actually like writing it takes more work. :p

I must say this is true too. I write as I am speaking in my head. I type so fast I forget that not everyone can type as readily or wishes to input multiple lines on a messenger within the span of ten seconds. This is where the internet really screws with my head because I think I come off as smothering.. when in reality this would be perfectly conversational, again paranoia bites me. Typing is very natural to me so much that if I think about typing I mess up and become amazed that I am able to do something as complex as typing on a QWERTY keyboard. Then the mere fact that I am even using words to convey all these things is another thing that routinely incapacitates my thinking.

Typing has a good bond with me because the pacing of it is very rhythmic, enough time and spontaneity for the thoughts to flow out of me unabated. That and spelling. I love spell check here because I don't always know the way to pronounce, communicate, properly spell a word that would impart perfect dictation. Thesaurus is your friend too. But that comes after you spill your guts. I usually have to curb this tendency because I get such a high out of imparting understanding to myself at the expense of perfect confusion to someone else.

Oh my.

Antreus

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4/2
You know your an INFJ when.. Your an amputated idealist. You require many mechanical limbs to carry your heavy weight thanks to the gravity of reality. You will also use other peoples limbs if at all possible, whether they want to give them to you or not. You always find a way to compensate for your fat ass. This imparts in your journey a flexibility of sorts because you've learned how to use and make use of your polymath nature by integrating those limbs.

In the case of an inherent laxity or weakness in others you will give several of your own appendages that you have accumulated to compensate in order to realize an ideal that can in turn become taciturn towards you and you feel shamed and insane when you can no longer walk because you gave away all your limbs. Compassion but none for yourself, your life is already forfeit, because you recycle everyone's limbs.

Then they can proceed to turn on the world because no one gave them legs or arms back, or perhaps even a head to know the difference? Where did that go? You don't want to be human after all. Your too much impartial to the concept because the half-truth of your existence defeats the reality and you are comforted in your nonexistence you exist in.

And yes I couldn't help but edit it five times. I had to add more.

Antreus

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4/2
You know your an INFJ when your so close to being everything else, just not close enough. See I can write it simply too.

D

Dali

You can tactfully tell an idiot to STFU and GTFA while wearing the sweetest smile on your face. :D