• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think my sentimental attachment to physical objects might've flourished under different life-circumstances however.

tess2008

MBTI Type
INFJ
So true.
Oh, that makes me think.
When you talk in your head. Do you always talk with the second person singular or do you use "I"?
I tend to use "you". "Ok,[my name] you need to do this today!You said you would!".
Just out of curiosity.

interesting, I tend to use 'you' as well, actually!! which makes me feel even more removed from myself. :yes:

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
relax dude. so much for loving kindness?

I happen to have a great ENTP friend, the one I was b!7ching about seems to see me as an enemy. OH and I have suppressed Fe (Gotta love the masculine stereotype and peer pressure)... so what loving kindness? :newwink:

: even in moments of 'pure'-ness, like watching a sunset, or being extremely angry/ upset, you are STILL analyzing your own feelings/ the situation and considering what it means, why it's happening, and (if it's a bad situation) how you could potentially get out of it/ not be feeling the pain you're feeling, and then you start trying to note the way you feel/ what's happening, and compare it to the way other people must feel when they're in the same predicament, etcetcetc, and this is all happening AS you're experiencing the moment.

you're always, always, always outside yourself. :doh:

maybe it's just me, :blush:

I dont know about outside myself, but I DO relate 110% to the self-critiquing.

eclare

MBTI Type
INFJ
You know you are an INFJ when as a child you where afraid to leave your teddy bear at home because you where afraid of hurting his feelings.

Hee...I used to line all of my stuffed animals up on one side of the bed before sleeping. I didn't want to leave any of them out because I thought their feelings might get hurt.

I don't know if it's overcompensating or what, but in my adult life I have completely eschewed sentimental attachment to objects.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Hee...I used to line all of my stuffed animals up on one side of the bed before sleeping. I didn't want to leave any of them out because I thought their feelings might get hurt.

I don't know if it's overcompensating or what, but in my adult life I have completely eschewed sentimental attachment to objects.

See, I would've found such a crowd overwhelming. I donated a lot of my stuffed animals when I was a kid to sunday school or wherever. My mom thought it was generous, but really I was trying to simplify my life and also send the animals to loving homes because I couldn't provide them with it.

I'm a one-bear woman.

This bear, specifically.
V.jpg

:wubbie:

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So true.
Oh, that makes me think.
When you talk in your head. Do you always talk with the second person singular or do you use "I"?
I tend to use "you". "Ok,[my name] you need to do this today!You said you would!".
Just out of curiosity.

I asked myself if I do this too, and got the following mental reply (quoted verbatim):

"Yes, you often talk to yourself in the second person, especially when trying to encourage yourself to complete a task or when telling yourself off for failing to meet your own standards"

So I guess that's a "yes". Which leads on to this:

You know you're an INFJ when you frequently engage in internal conversations.

Lotr246

I asked myself if I do this too, and got the following mental reply (quoted verbatim):

"Yes, you often talk to yourself in the second person, especially when trying to encourage yourself to complete a task or when telling yourself off for failing to meet your own standards"

So I guess that's a "yes". Which leads on to this:

You know you're an INFJ when you frequently engage in internal conversations.

Haha, yes, all the time. I also talk to myself in second person, but usually use the "understood you" instead, such as, "(You) Get going on your work!"

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
It never occurred to me that people don't talk to themselves in the second person! Are there types who tend to think in "I" instead of "you"?

I relate to so many of the things I've read on thsi thread. It's nice to know that other people have the same sorts of eccentricities that you do.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Yes, I think we do that as a way of distancing ourselves emotionally from the thing which may be bothering us. Sort of parenting ourselves. Using a "higher authority" to motivate ourselves.

I know that many people will use this technique to distance themselves from exposing their feelings out loud as well.

Instance:

"My wife died a couple of years ago. You know, YOU get kinda lonely when that happens." Meaning, "I have gotten lonely since my wife died." That's sometimes too scary of a thing to admit out loud.

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
Oh yeah, I used to give it a name when I was younger for each "voice".I have no idea why but I remember having that "military" voice since forever. Haha, I think I developed a strange fascination for crime, violence and the military at a young age for various reasons and it stayed in my mind.

"The "you" I use when I'm sad was a nice lady, now it's a "soft" voice, she had no face because there was light behind her. Kind of like when you look at people during the evening and they stand in the doorway.(ex: It's alright, you did what you could you know? You're did great, don't beat yourself up...)
The you I use when I was required to do tasks was a "tougher version of myself", no face or picture there .(ex: Giving up? Have you no shame, after all the hard work...)
The "you" who would "give me faith in a very forceful manner" was "The general/Director". A man with blond hair and green eyes who sat in a dark room with folded arms.(ex: Are you going to let him get away with that? Kick his ass now!)

Am I the only weirdo who gave the "you" different personalities?

Also, do you have the habit of seriously inventing movies inside your head? At times I'd honestly take time out to "dream" now I don't have as much time but it's still there.
Boredom doesn't really exist in your world, you could be locked in a cell for two days and have the best time of your life.
"You very much live in your head".

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Am I the only weirdo who gave the "you" different personalities?

No. I do it too. I have lots of "people" who live in my head and end up speaking on behalf of whatever congealed personas they represent. I say "congealed" because there are many parts of myself that are fluid and undefined. The congealed ones are the ones that have sat around long enough/been exposed to enough to become somewhat solid.

Also, do you have the habit of seriously inventing movies inside your head? At times I'd honestly take time out to "dream" now I don't have as much time but it's still there.
Boredom doesn't really exist in your world, you could be locked in a cell for two days and have the best time of your life.

Yeah. I do this, too. To the point where whatever is going on in my head is so interesting that I end up stopping what I'm doing just to sit there and imagine it. Sometimes, it can seem so real it's frightening.

For me, boredom does exist and it comes in the form of extended sensory deprivation. Two days might be doable, but I'm sure that by the end of day one I'd be rather depressed from being forced to face the idea of involuntary confinement. Also, it would depend on whether or not it was a padded cell. If it was padded, I could at least jump around and bounce off of stuff when I got tired of thinking. But a concrete, no-nonsense prison cell would leave me laying in bed all the time wishing the walls were a little less grey and considering doing something crazy just to cause some kind of commotion.

hokie912

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1

Not exactly, but sometimes when I'm doing something I imagine how the current scene would be written if my life were a novel. Written in third person, not first.

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
Not exactly, but sometimes when I'm doing something I imagine how the current scene would be written if my life were a novel. Written in third person, not first.

I see, but it's still interesting to see that there's a detachment in both cases.:yes:

eclare

MBTI Type
INFJ
A few weeks ago I had a dream that my sister was pregnant. I thought at first that maybe it was prophetic, but I talked myself out of it for a number of logical reasons. Last night she calls and guess what? She's having another baby.

I really need to learn NOT to talk myself out of my instincts.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
A few weeks ago I had a dream that my sister was pregnant. I thought at first that maybe it was prophetic, but I talked myself out of it for a number of logical reasons. Last night she calls and guess what? She's having another baby.

That happened twice with me in one weekend. One dream was about my mother gettin breast cancer. The next day I talk to her, and it turns out she went to the doctor and was found to have skin cancer. The second dream was entirely in black and white except for this wall that was a particular colour. I talked to one of my friends about it and he was like, "Wtf, that's the colour I was going to use as a background for my website."

Fah-ree-ky.

R

Riva

'Thursday' said this on the FEMININE MEN thread.
we just have to ffind what type of jerk is best for our type of asshole
no one is perfect - but just a better fit for you than others
physically,emotionally,mentally,spiritually fitting

you know you are a INFJ if you say something like that.
spiritually fitting JERK. lol

Lotr246

You feel as if you exist outside of everything and everyone. Although, it doesn't appear so.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You feel as if you exist outside of everything and everyone. Although, it doesn't appear so.

how about from yourself in a sense
much like out of body - or that you are remote-controlling everything
or the real you is
perhaps that is everyone?

either way - it was mentioned in this thread that we exist on a parallel plane

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Last week my family and I were leaving a friend's house after a party. It was dark, the sidewalk was uneven and my Mum has a bad leg, so I thought it was just my imagination when I had a vivid mental image of her falling flat on her face. Six seconds later, she did exactly that, but I was the one who shrieked out loud in surprise. Luckily, she wasn't badly hurt, but I'm still beating myself up for not saying something as soon as I had the intuition.

On a more bizarre note, a few days ago my wandering thought train started thinking about albinos - what it must be like, etc. Then I got a huge surprise later the same day, when a TV special came on - all about albinos! :wtf:

It really makes you wonder what the universe is playing at when it sends you this sort of random s**t.

cathryn

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
you constantly note and wonder at how unperceptive, sometimes unfeeling, others can be