• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When several of the ideas you hold most dear completely contradict each other.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
WHEN YOU ARE MENTALLY FUCKED UP..........AND ALSO JUST TOO AWESOME!!! lol

I found that firefox wasnt working... so I reinstalled it in an earlier version in finnish. I think it's amazing, but I'm pretty sure its frucked up, too... since... I dont know much of it and going by memory of what the interface was in English...

My sister commented that people in her grade think I'm creepy since I dont speak much and walk around the halls of school... I walk to clear my head, and I dont talk much because I dont have anything important so say a lot of the time.

Makes me cool, I think. :cool:

sonata

MBTI Type
iNtJ
Random question (which might be on topic, if it's true of a lot of INFJs): do you INFJs tend to attract creepy people? If so, why do you think this is?

My INFJ friend has had more bizarre, sometimes schizophrenic, obsessive men after her than anyone I know. A man who she barely knew in elementary school e-mailed her saying she was his first real love. It's not as if she just attracts ALL men. Just the sketchy ones. I'm scared for her.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes, definitely. I am a beacon for the crazy.

G

Glycerine

Maybe its because the creepy guys feel safe around her? The weirdest people seem to trust me.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Random question (which might be on topic, if it's true of a lot of INFJs): do you INFJs tend to attract creepy people? If so, why do you think this is?

My INFJ friend has had more bizarre, sometimes schizophrenic, obsessive men after her than anyone I know. A man who she barely knew in elementary school e-mailed her saying she was his first real love. It's not as if she just attracts ALL men. Just the sketchy ones. I'm scared for her.

Surprisingly, no, I don't. I don't know why. Maybe I'm a little intimidating to them.

I am rather tolerant (or accepting, not sure) of the insane, though. They fascinate me. Probably because I'm only a couple steps from insanity myself--that's what it feels like anyway.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When several of the ideas you hold most dear completely contradict each other.

yes!
but someone said intelligence can hold two opposing ideas in its mind and entertain both with the same regard

sounds like it is true

sade

I attract weirdoes, but that's pretty much it as far as it goes.
I've tought it's because I'm tolerant, and don't really care, as I'm a few steps from insanity too.
It doesn't go as far as with my ENFJ friend though, she has to kick them away. I'm not as nice as a person, or rather slightly intimidating.

eclare

MBTI Type
INFJ

I I had edited this earlier, and stupid internet ate my post. Anyway, I don't get long term stalker types like your friend, but I get a lot of creeps on public transportation telling me that I should smile more, and other bs like that. Also, on the rare occasions when I get hit on at a bar it's always the guy who wants to tell me all about his struggle with mental illness and past trauma.

My favorite experience so far was just last week when a guy followed me off the subway, onto the street, and into a drugstore all the while muttering obscenities and other lewd comments under his breath just loud enough for me to hear. I actually ducked into the drugstore instead of walking straight home because I knew there would be a cop in there, and even still he followed me to the shampoo aisle. Creep.

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:doh:

Me! Me!

...I'm a psycho magnet.
I never knew there were so many breeds of "Creepy Guy."
That's the only type of dude that approaches me in RL. Ever.
I.don't.get it.

What's worse..
...I like some of them.:huh:

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I like creepy psycho women-i just need the right one
the smart and ones
i recall in highschool, an aquaintence, the vampire that i mentioned earlier,
said to me as coming out of class
" i should just burn this whole school down. So how was class? "
Sexy much? Yes. Very.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
I dont attract wierdos, well since society's idea is that the men do the searching it seems normal I guess.

But I do befriend or hang out with many of the weirdos/outcasts in school. They seem the most fun. The others are either party-hardy, church people, or are busy with random things. Not much of a selection at my school anyways.

I think INFJs attract/befriend the weirdos/crazies because we can understand them better, to a degree, than other types and I think we have a sort of personal aura that people notice subconsciously.

I guess that's another reason INFJs are natural psychologists :D

MrRandom

MBTI Type
INFJ
Oh, wow... I was away from this forum for four months and we're at 130 pages already? It means I have almost 100 pages to catch up! I already spent an hour reading these, but it only got me started. Oh well, it means I've got a lot of reading to do tomorrow :)

something boring

MBTI Type
nnja
Enneagram
4w5
:yes:

I'm starting to really think I'm a shoe in for the INFJ. Anyway, I'm with you on that 100%. Had a co-worker this summer tell me about her cheating on her husband. You know, after knowing her for all of a week. It seems like everyone wants to share any dark/weird stories with me.

I get this one a lot too. I often catch myself saying that if I didn't think it wrong, I could rat a lot of people out. It seems like I am told all the secrets before ever hearing the regular stuff. Isn't it nice to hear the life stories of total strangers, though? lol

something boring

MBTI Type
nnja
Enneagram
4w5
:D

Eeps I think we have some kind of consensus... (though, my 'sexual humor', or at least what comes out of my mouth might be a little lighter.)

- People think you're an extrovert... until they try and drop by unexpectedly, hehe.... Release the hounds!

- You don't mind queuing for extended periods of time, this is when you have your most blistering insights... (usually into yourself).

- You kept switching off Katie Couric's interview with Sarah Palin. It was giving you major dumbchills.

- You are shy but wildly adventurous.

- You know which dreams you should pay attention to.... and you do.

- You're allergic to control, that is, others attempting to control you and you controlling others.

- Haha, if you haven't made yourself get used to it yet, being looked at by someone directly for any extended period of time feels like being lasered through to the core.

- You judge your date by how well they treat the wait-staff... this judgement is hard to unseat...

- You really miss playing with lego (ok, maybe that's all adults).

I know this post happened a while ago, but, OMG You hit the nail on my head with most of these, lol :yes:

Dwigie

MBTI Type
INFP
I I had edited this earlier, and stupid internet ate my post. Anyway, I don't get long term stalker types like your friend, but I get a lot of creeps on public transportation telling me that I should smile more, and other bs like that. Also, on the rare occasions when I get hit on at a bar it's always the guy who wants to tell me all about his struggle with mental illness and past trauma.

My favorite experience so far was just last week when a guy followed me off the subway, onto the street, and into a drugstore all the while muttering obscenities and other lewd comments under his breath just loud enough for me to hear. I actually ducked into the drugstore instead of walking straight home because I knew there would be a cop in there, and even still he followed me to the shampoo aisle. Creep.

Goodness yes I do just name it and with my usual "Oh, but everyone deserves a chance!:wubbie:" attitude I just get entangled with the wrong kind of people until it's too bad and then I stop.
Dwigie, you're such an accepting person".
I need to seriously draw boundaries though. I mean I've had sex freaks, emotional bullies, stalkers and very paranoid people.
I had to cut off all contact with a girl who I assume I must have hurt too deep because she cannot let the issue go. She mutters insults when I pass by and makes fun of me or insults me again behind my back to my best friends who report it to me. (She's a bit clueless as well...)
Oh yeah I've had my share of "sick" people. But by far she was the worse of them.:dry:Ugh, so glad she's away from me now.