• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
I understand that...and I would add that they, although not as keenly aware of their emotions as you of their inner feelings (you have that ability)...they do have feelings...It may seem difficult to resist this 'management of power' you have. Abuse can appear legitimized through using your vision into them while not considering their nearsightedness. They are others who do have feelings too and might not see things in the visionary context you described.

Loyalty is important and a deep thing. I understand those who appear more superficial may not have the depth of loyalty and empathy for others or you...leaving you feeling shorted and without a true friend. I understand that and have felt hurt accordingly. Your friend, (you may question that)..lol that's understandable...A

*Nodnod* my INT friend talks a lot with 'This song makes me happy' or similar. Since I can tell the mood of people it makes it hard to distinguish F from T sometimes. I have to hang out with people for some time before really knowing them (Cant read all of Shakespeare's works in a day ;))

no. thats " you know you're a coward when.... "

"Its easier to face a dragon than face internal pain."

MrME

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
You wonder if you and others are attributing unique personality traits to your archetype. ;)

conrad

MBTI Type
INFJ
...because you are still wondering when the heavens are going to open up and you are finally going to be told how you are suppose to save humanity

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
You know you're an INFJ because you want to keep doing "one more thing and one more thing" which may make you chronically late.

+2 - I see this in my dad a lot. It happens to me too once I get into a project.

sade

You know you're an INFJ when your room is practically spotless and very organized, save this pile in one corner which you have hence dubbed......the junkyard.
Uhh.. Whoops?
Actually my mom nicknamed it like that. The junk closet. :D

eclare

MBTI Type
INFJ
You know you're an INFJ when your writing style is the most abstract of the types.

You know you're an INFJ when it's difficult for you to provide concrete examples of your insights.

Hmmm...I actually find the exact opposite to be true.

Nah, not me. I am always messy in my private space, but try to keep the areas I share with others tidy.

You know you are an INFJ when you judge people within a fragment of a second and then beat yourself up for being so overly judgmental.

This on the other hand is me to a T. Although keeping shared areas is a struggle but it seems so important because I don't want to upset my roommate. Typical ;)

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You know you're an INFJ when your room is practically spotless and very organized, save this pile in one corner which you have hence dubbed......the junkyard.

My room is meticulously organized/clean... except for this one space between the dresser & bookshelf. There are two shoebox-sized crates dubbed "Things I'll Sort... someday."

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4
lol yup. on the surface our home is very clean but don't open the closets and disregard the tidy baskets where i've dumped crap I don't want to throw away!

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
you can see people calling you freak inside their heads....and you return the smugest smile ever recorded - not the Georgle Clooney...but close.

Lotr246

Actually, my writing isn't abstract at all. However, it is not overly detailed. What I will say is that it is always full of figurative language that has been carefully placed. I think that's because I think figuratively? Such that everything is in someway like or related to everything else. As abstract as that sounds, in writing (at least with essays and stories), it becomes much more concise, precise, and with an attempt to ground the abstract firmly in the real world.

The second part, yes I agree that it's difficult off the top of my head. I usually have to sit and think about it for a while before I can provide anything concrete. My thought process is very, very slow in that realm compared to everything else. However, I do enjoy explaining the "why's" and "how's" once I've figured it all out.

Nah, I have a little worn track through the middle of the room where I can walk. Everywhere else is a wreck, though, I do try to make sure breakable things are at least piled on the tables and not on the floor where I'll probably step on them.

Yep.

Yes, I think this is what I was actually referring to. I definitely have loads of figurative language in all of my writing.

Fairy...

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
you call a lot of things cute...well i do this anyway! ..and a lot of people call you cute, but you don't see yourself as cute.

Fairy...

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
your MBTI type by far makes up the largest amounts of blogs etc about typology on the internet even though its the rarest type...

and ever since you discovered you were an INFJ you've been obsessed about reading up on it, blogging, talking to other people about it

and when you discovered MBTI it changed your life!

MrME

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
You have started and then cancelled more posts than you've actually posted... :blush:

MrME

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
your MBTI type by far makes up the largest amounts of blogs etc about typology on the internet even though its the rarest type...

and ever since you discovered you were an INFJ you've been obsessed about reading up on it, blogging, talking to other people about it

and when you discovered MBTI it changed your life!

+100

This is very true. Being given a greater understanding of how I function has really helped me communicate better with people and smooth out a number of relationship problems.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
You have started and then cancelled more posts than you've actually posted... :blush:

So true...

One day I'll grow some balls and type what I think when I think it, not 5 deletions and revisions later. ;)

faith

MBTI Type
INFJ
... What I will say is that it is always full of figurative language that has been carefully placed. I think that's because I think figuratively? Such that everything is in someway like or related to everything else. ...

I think like this. People ask me how I "think of all those great metaphors". It's hard to explain that I don't think of them; I think with them.

S

Sniffles

you call a lot of things cute...well i do this anyway! ..and a lot of people call you cute, but you don't see yourself as cute.
Yeah that happens alot, I'm always complimented on my looks.

Odd thing with me is that while sometimes I'll say many things are cute, other times the very word "cute" makes me cringe.

lorkan

MBTI Type
INFJ
Yeah that happens alot, I'm always complimented on my looks.

Odd thing with me is that while sometimes I'll say many things are cute, other times the very word "cute" makes me cringe.

I personally feel kind of weird and my stomach is twisting whenever I say something is cute, or even feel it inside. I think this is related to my gender, and I feel out of synch with my genderrole. But that's just a guess. :eek: