• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

SpottingTrains

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
3w2
+1

Its how I deal with deaths of favorite characters in books.

You know you're an INFJ when sometimes you feel what you see or hear et c is only almost there, but when you read a book it seems more real than reality.

( Maybe that's Ns in general )

I wouldn't recommend reading any books by George R. R. Martin then :)

jaku

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4,5?
down time at work allowed me to read all 4 installments thus far...

dragons!

Last edited:

eclare

MBTI Type
INFJ
+1 Also when a group of people gather, who haven't met each other before, I tend to take a more vocal stance. And then fade to the background as time passes.

- :

I definitely do this, too. I think it stems from a need to make sure everyone else is comfortable. I tend to be pretty good at breaking the ice when other people are obviously at a loss as to how to open conversation. Yet once people get going I am much less comfortable talking and sharing. And if I happen onto a group of people that I don't know well but that are close to one another...there is no greater torture in the world.

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You know you're an INFJ if you have a hero complex.

Yes, definitely! I think I've recently gotten a bit better at reining in my need to step in and "fix" someone's life. However, I still get frustrated by the very fact that I have to rein in my inner Hero!

eclare

MBTI Type
INFJ
Yes, definitely! I think I've recently gotten a bit better at reining in my need to step in and "fix" someone's life. However, I still get frustrated by the very fact that I have to rein in my inner Hero!

Experience has definitely helped me learn to rein in that need, but I admit that I still always feel guilty whe I don't help people.

hopeseed

MBTI Type
INF~
Enneagram
4 w5

I like your post :) As soon as I stopped trying to "fix" or save others, I got really into fixing/saving myself. It makes more since huh :)....Then I started getting really into accepting myself as well, not being so hard on myself and others anymore....then I began to seem more like an INFP than an INFJ...what a funny journey.:blush:

Siegfried

MBTI Type
?
I like your post :) As soon as I stopped trying to "fix" or save others, I got really into fixing/saving myself. It makes more since huh :)....Then I started getting really into accepting myself as well, not being so hard on myself and others anymore....then I began to seem more like an INFP than an INFJ...what a funny journey.:blush:

This seems quite a journey here, hehe. Its great to see someone wanting to turn into the INFP, rather than away. :D

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
This seems quite a journey here, hehe. Its great to see someone wanting to turn into the INFP, rather than away. :D

:newwink: In a futile attempt to "fix" myself, I tried very hard to be an INFP for quite some time, before finally giving in to my overwhelming INFJness! :cool:

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Swimfan

INFJ ladies.......

sade

I definitely do this, too. I think it stems from a need to make sure everyone else is comfortable. I tend to be pretty good at breaking the ice when other people are obviously at a loss as to how to open conversation. Yet once people get going I am much less comfortable talking and sharing. And if I happen onto a group of people that I don't know well but that are close to one another...there is no greater torture in the world.
Exactly!
And that's such torture..

You know you're an INFJ if you have a hero complex.
A small one.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
I know an INFJ girl in my school, she's a LOT more J than I am (I'm more like an eNFP).

Gave me a living perspective on the inner variations of each type. I'm at least 10 times as goofy/dorky/erratic (I figured I was an eNFP before I could make sense of type enough to decide INfj)

B

ByMySword

I've come to the conclusion that INFJs are like INTJs and ENFPs combined.

I find I frequently share similar traits with both.

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I've come to the conclusion that INFJs are like INTJs and ENFPs combined.

I find I frequently share similar traits with both.

+1

I've been mistaken for both types in the past, by people with some type knowledge who only know me superficially.

FantailedWall

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
4w5
If I am inexplicably drawn to you - chances are, you're an INFJ.

Sorry to hijack your pretty thread guys ;)

G

Glycerine

There is a huge conflict between being "socially appropriate" and being a nonconformist. You're highly individualistic at heart but you feel an impulse to follow along w/ social norms. For example, i will just say something thats on my mind but then i will feel guilty because i'm afraid it's not "appropriate"... ugh.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
You eat an entire pack of Rolaids, and claim it was "sorta tasty", even though the snack machine was 20 feet away from you.

Why?...Didn't want to go to the candy machine? Just Curious..

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wha...?

I only really care for guns in video games and T.V. :/

If you don't care for them in reality, the thing is, some bad guys will and do for that matter...Where does that leave us good guys? Not good...not good..buy one and lock it up just to have it!

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I understood her reference :yes:

You know you're an INFJ when you find yourself excessively communicating by using figurative language. Hmm.. I wonder how much this annoys others.

Don't worry with it...Be you. That's what I want to hear!