• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Originally posted by Thursday :
you feel like a spy
the stranger everyone knows so well
you have to check your persona at the door, just to make sure its still you

I love this.

So do I and the ENxPs that try to pry us open for the galaxy-flavored cream filling

sade

In order to organize, first we INFJs must organize our own thoughts.

Good luck. ;)
It'll take a while, another few moments, and maybe then.
It's not looking good.. :D

Originally posted by Thursday :
you feel like a spy
the stranger everyone knows so well
you have to check your persona at the door, just to make sure its still you
:)

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Could you explain this more, please?:)

Well, Enneagram is based around goals and preferences. EnType 1 INFJs would have more of their personality devoted to achieving their internal perfection standards: "Grr I can't finish this, I mess up. Can I start over?" while, say, and EnType 9 would prefer to be amiable: "Hey man, what's up?"

Enneagram is, in my opinion, just as useful as MBTI typing just because it fits with the goals of a person and usually people understand their goals better than how they work internally (Which is what MBTI looks for).

I hoped that helped.

Lotr246

You try to show others unconventional perspectives about commonly held beliefs.

I've found poetry very useful for such communication. One time, I presented a poem of mine questioning the idea of an afterlife. Someone, who I believe is E/INFP and very religious, told me that she did not believe any of it. It seemed to have gone against her values.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
You try to show others unconventional perspectives about commonly held beliefs.

I've found poetry very useful for such communication. One time, I presented a poem of mine questioning the idea of an afterlife. Someone, who I believe is E/INFP and very religious, told me that she did not believe any of it. It seemed to have gone against her values.

I do, but it's more of a T-like way of expressing it, and it shows up in my humor all the time. I suck at writing poetry so I can't really communicate with it.

B

ByMySword

I do, but it's more of a T-like way of expressing it, and it shows up in my humor all the time. I suck at writing poetry so I can't really communicate with it.

Yeah, I agree, I feel it does tend to show up in a very T way.

I love poetry. I've written some in the past and actually had one poem published.

B

ByMySword

You know you're an INFJ if you wake up one morning depressed for no logical reason. :doh:

B

ByMySword

Does it take you awhile to open up to people?

Has someone ever mentioned to you how you're very guarded and don't let anyone in?

If so, would you say you almost present yourself as an NT?

Lotr246

You know you're an INFJ if you wake up one morning depressed for no logical reason. :doh:

Uh huh. Very often. :(

Does it take you awhile to open up to people?

Has someone ever mentioned to you how you're very guarded and don't let anyone in?

If so, would you say you almost present yourself as an NT?

Yes, sometimes I come off as an INTJ. I've run into problems with this because sometimes when I meet people for the first time I'm very open, but then when I see them again later I'm definitely more guarded or focused on something else at the time.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Yes, sometimes I come off as an INTJ. I've run into problems with this because sometimes when I meet people for the first time I'm very open, but then when I see them again later I'm definitely more guarded or focused on something else at the time.

Mhm, I know how this feels. When I'm in a new group of people I'm a lot more outgoing and goofy, but later I get really quiet and just watch.

B

ByMySword

I read recently that we have an ISFJ suit?

Does anyone have any opinion as to whether this is accurate?

It actually kind of made sense to me.

IrishStallion819

MBTI Type
INFJ
^ Well I don't know for sure but I brother originally thought I was an ISFJ.... SO, their may be something to that.. Probably, because this world is so fast paced and I feel like I need to bring more of an "S" out, in regards to interacting with people. So, in a more social (non serious) situation, I'm more of an ISFJ... you could say maybe And when I have time to think and interact with couple or just one person..More of the INFJ comes out.. US INFJs have a tendancy to try to put on many personality "Faces"..

sade

A questionaire, hmm.

Does it take you awhile to open up to people? I'm slow with people, yes.. And rather guarded.
Has someone ever mentioned to you how you're very guarded and don't let anyone in? Only my mother, no one else has mentioned this. But I tend chatter pretty much irl, so maybe it fools people.
If so, would you say you almost present yourself as an NT? Umm.. I don't think so.

+1
Also when a group of people gather, who haven't met each other before, I tend to take a more vocal stance. And then fade to the background as time passes.

- ...would you say you almost present yourself as an NT?
- I read recently that we have an ISFJ suit?
- Does anyone have any opinion as to whether this is accurate?

Kinda makes sense to me also. I don't think I come off as NT-ish because:
Actually the way I come off first, seems to be a shy, quiet, nice girl. And pretty soft, calm tempered, considerate? I know this because I've had a lot of people commenting later how shocked they were when '..and then you just said that.. climbed through the window.. told those guys to f* off.. but at first you.. blah blah..' But people do seem to think that I'm smart, mainly because I'm curious.

I don't get it. Maybe I hold back too much. :huh:

B

ByMySword

^ Well I don't know for sure but I brother originally thought I was an ISFJ.... SO, their may be something to that.. Probably, because this world is so fast paced and I feel like I need to bring more of an "S" out, in regards to interacting with people. So, in a more social (non serious) situation, I'm more of an ISFJ... you could say maybe And when I have time to think and interact with couple or just one person..More of the INFJ comes out.. US INFJs have a tendancy to try to put on many personality "Faces"..

Omfg!!!! Yes to the putting on too many faces.

I just wish I could take all the good traits from other types and add them to myself. lol

iwakar

crush the fences
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Four months old and this thread is still kicking. Take from that what you will.

Personally, I'd like to stab it to death.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Crazy train of thought = Ni

" and the train kept a rollin' "

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
You know you're an INFJ if you have a hero complex.

+1

Its how I deal with deaths of favorite characters in books.

You know you're an INFJ when sometimes you feel what you see or hear et c is only almost there, but when you read a book it seems more real than reality.

( Maybe that's Ns in general )