• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

G

Glycerine

Do you guys ever have a problem having both a cluttered internal world and external world at the same time? I'm such a big procrastinator and am constantly changing my mind about things.

PureWhispers

Do you guys ever have a problem having both a cluttered internal world and external world at the same time? I'm such a big procrastinator and am constantly changing my mind about things.

Absolutely, which is actually kind of odd because clutter/procrastination is usually attributed to P types.

In my case it's organized clutter and planned procrastination, though. What I mean is, even if my living space looks cluttered or messy, I know exactly where everything is, and to me it's generally systematic in some way. (To me and only me. :devil: ) In terms of procrastination, I tend to put off projects until the last couple of days as opposed to the last couple of hours. Once I'm within my designated time frame I get things done rapidly and usually have leftover time afterwards, which often ends up getting used to check it all over a million times before the deadline.

Am I alone in this weird half-baked clutter/procrastination habit? :peepwall:

Oh, and as far as indecisiveness is concerned, I'm totally in the same boat. I'm constantly changing my mind as I take in new information, and to others it seems like I'm just aimless when in fact I'm being meticulous about it. Recent example: I'm a college sophomore and it took me until literally a couple days ago to finally decide on a major. I get teased about it quite a bit. :rolli:

G

Glycerine

Absolutely, which is actually kind of odd because clutter/procrastination is usually attributed to P types.

In my case it's organized clutter and planned procrastination, though. What I mean is, even if my living space looks cluttered or messy, I know exactly where everything is, and to me it's generally systematic in some way. (To me and only me. :devil: ) In terms of procrastination, I tend to put off projects until the last couple of days as opposed to the last couple of hours. Once I'm within my designated time frame I get things done rapidly and usually have leftover time afterwards, which often ends up getting used to check it all over a million times before the deadline.

Oh, and as far as indecisiveness is concerned, I'm totally in the same boat. I'm constantly changing my mind as I take in new information, and to others it seems like I'm just aimless when in fact I'm being meticulous about it. Recent example: I'm a college sophomore and it took me until literally a couple days ago to finally decide on a major. I get teased about it quite a bit. :rolli:

That's so comforting! :) Most of it is the same for me except I take the procrastination a step further sometimes. I started a 230 point project at like 9 pm the night before it was due... haha. I got 223 on it miraculously. Also I would write papers at like 3 in the morning... not good, haha.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

I do the same thing. If I'm going to be lazy, I might as well be calculating about it. ;)

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
I need the project to stay active in my head in order to work on it. Otherwise I forget about it. Its hard to keep boring things in my head when there is more interesting stuff to do :cheese:

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It probably has something to do with the fact that at home I'm expected to be more P-ish.. I get nagged for the J tendencies (and F, but I defend those ferociously). I should be more like my ESTP brother. Sigh.

How interesting! I get the same nagging form my ENTP partner - to be more spontaneous (P) and less sensitive (F).

I often reply that I can be very spontaneous if I have sufficient advanced warning :D

Not much I can do about the sensitivity though, and believe me I've tried and tried not to react when he is less than polite to me :cry:

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
How interesting! I get the same nagging form my ENTP partner - to be more spontaneous (P) and less sensitive (F).

I often reply that I can be very spontaneous if I have sufficient advanced warning

Not much I can do about the sensitivity though, and believe me I've tried and tried not to react when he is less than polite to me

I think INFJs are spontaneous if they know what their getting into, at least :D

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think INFJs are spontaneous if they know what their getting into, at least :D

I think we'd be a lot less sensitive if people always took our feelings into account :wubbie:

S

Sniffles

Yes and no. Work is one of the few places where I'm thoroughly organized. It's odds how so many of my co-workers depend on me for stuff. Overall I could say that my sense of organization is flexible; so even if there's a mess, I can still find things often.

tibby

MBTI Type
fool
You know you're an INFJ when you're fascinated with religions, beliefs, superstition, mythology, et cetera.

I can't relate to this, but I do know an INFJ who is all about these. She's very spiritual, believes in the paranomal, is interested in alternative treatments etc... My attitude is sort of cold and rational when I examine these.

Mythology I may find interesting though, it can feed my imagination. Religions have fascinating elements, as well.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
a hundred pages already?
Did you guys ever consider writing a book?

INFJ*

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w3
You can give the person the perfect impression that you're there with him/her. That you're listening to every single word with great attention, responding with the perfecting matching on time smiles and body mirroring, when you're in fact in your own mind/world/fantasy, and didn't catch a word. Leaving him/her so pleased that "someone had finally listened and understood." That's called being an INFJ. The power of connecting while being absolutely detached.

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You can give the person the perfect impression that you're there with him/her. That you're listening to every single word with great attention, responding with the perfecting matching on time smiles and body mirroring, when you're in fact in your own mind/world/fantasy, and didn't catch a word. Leaving him/her so pleased that "someone had finally listened and understood." That's called being an INFJ. The power of connecting while being absolutely detached.

Thank God people usually can't tell when I'm doing this! :headphne:

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1

I don't think I've been in situations like this, or at last don't remember them. I struggle showing off Fe since it's such a soft trait, and I'm the type that fears inadequacy, so ignoring it was better than risking the ridicule?

Maybe once I'm out of school I'll be able to breathe better. :D

- You know you're an INFJ when a peck on the cheek can have more meaning than a romantic outing.

I think it happens when I've lost all inspiration for something and I have to find something new to get into. Without it, I lose all structure in my everyday life, and thus, it becomes meaningless.

This quote came from ByMySword earlier in the thread. I agree totally. Its the hardest thing to go BACK to something you lost inspiration for because you need to do it. Its like swimming through mud.

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Does that mean that when i'm talking with an infj neither of us is listening :D
awesome

That happens a LOT between my ENTP and myself! One of our signature exchanges is: "But I told you all about that yesterday! Weren't you listening?", which can come from either one of us. :steam:

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
That happens a LOT between my ENTP and myself! One of our signature exchanges is: "But I told you all about that yesterday! Weren't you listening?", which can come from either one of us. :steam:
yeah got those wierd talks like, I'm just telling random things on autopilot and she's all 'I feel so confortable having such a 'true' talk with you'.:doh: