• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
So, where do I find this tower of yours.
I was thinking of setting a last minute vacation up.

Follow the Beam. It'll take a while.

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
here's a better idea.
clear the way and give me a call when you find it.
I'll be following in the limousine.:coffee:

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Was there once and came back. Isn't it easier to breath again? ;)

Why do you hate infps :(
cmon, they are emotional, like trees and little birds, to share their constantly changing emotional states with the rest of us.

alright, I see your point

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Was there once and came back. Isn't it easier to breath again?

Ive read in places that INFPs thrive on internal intensity. So if you stick a bunch of them together it turns into a place too heavy to really live in if you WEREN'T like an INFP in that way? :huh:

here's a better idea.
clear the way and give me a call when you find it.
I'll be following in the limousine.

That'll cost you a couple million dollars, half now half after I find it for you.

B

ByMySword

I must warn you though, it may take your entire life to reach your Dark Tower. But it is a destination well worth the journey.

darktower2finvarsignedfinch.jpg

sade

Why do you hate infps :(
cmon, they are emotional, like trees and little birds, to share their constantly changing emotional states with the rest of us.

alright, I see your point

Hate.. me? No. :cry:

Ive read in places that INFPs thrive on internal intensity. So if you stick a bunch of them together it turns into a place too heavy to really live in if you WEREN'T like an INFP in that way? :huh:
Hmm, interesting question but I had a different perspective.
Being pretty aware of what's expected, I usually mold in a way to it somewhat.. Not always consiously though. And because I am more edgy (and J-ish, I need conclusion) and moody than INFPs, trying to hold that in felt that I was holding in a breath, a suffocation of sort.
A breath that I let out when I found out I was an INFJ.

It probably has something to do with the fact that at home I'm expected to be more P-ish.. I get nagged for the J tendencies (and F, but I defend those ferociously). I should be more like my ESTP brother. Sigh.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Hmm, interesting question but I had a different perspective.
Being pretty aware of what's expected, I usually mold in a way to it somewhat.. Not always consiously though. And because I am more edgy (and J-ish, I need conclusion) and moody than INFPs, trying to hold that in felt that I was holding in a breath, a suffocation of sort.
A breath that I let out when I found out I was an INFJ.

Mhm, I'm with you there. Those are the same reasons I figured I wasn't an INFP, but I could make up all these ideas why it would still fit. I recently realized that that's what's messing it up, it isn't objective, it was subjective to my need to 'fit' somewhere. I still haven't grown out of it.

It probably has something to do with the fact that at home I'm expected to be more P-ish.. I get nagged for the J tendencies (and F, but I defend those ferociously). I should be more like my ESTP brother. Sigh.

I'm thankful I'm blessed with an INFJ father and INFP mother, though my mom is easier to drive up the wall than my dad is :D

I get nagged to be more J-ish... My J seems weird, only if I internally need that to be settled will I care much about it. Teenage emotional growing pains? :huh:

sade

Mhm, I'm with you there. Those are the same reasons I figured I wasn't an INFP, but I could make up all these ideas why it would still fit. I recently realized that that's what's messing it up, it isn't objective, it was subjective to my need to 'fit' somewhere. I still haven't grown out of it.

I'm thankful I'm blessed with an INFJ father and INFP mother, though my mom is easier to drive up the wall than my dad is :D

I get nagged to be more J-ish... My J seems weird, only if I internally need that to be settled will I care much about it. Teenage emotional growing pains? :huh:
Maybe partly? But naw, the infj's judging is directed more internally, for internal organisation. And overall it seems more P-ish. Besides, I have that too. :)
My J is different from my mom's J (ISTJ), so it gets interesting, and ends up with that I should be the more lenient one.
I wonder how many times I've heard: "But your brother is fine/uneffected/completely happy with it." Sigh. But he's completely different from me. (Oh he gets his share of the nagging too.)

And for the begining part: :D

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Maybe partly? But naw, the infj's judging is directed more internally, for internal organisation. And overall it seems more P-ish. Besides, I have that too.
My J is different from my mom's J (ISTJ), so it gets interesting, and ends up with that I should be the more lenient one.
I wonder how many times I've heard: "But your brother is fine/uneffected/completely happy with it." Sigh. But he's completely different from me. (Oh he gets his share of the nagging too.)

And for the begining part:

Ah, okay. I'm definitely like that. I'm a clutterbug but I always stare inside to make sure everything is in order.

Yeah, TJ isnt concerned with how mentally perfect it is, but how well it fits the parameters of the situation.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
You have a journal detailing all of your insights, epiphanies.

I cant have one or else I would have to carry it around EVERYWHERE. But I DO have a lot of insights while writing in my journal.

- You know youre an INFJ when stream of consciousness is the best way to solve a problem. Either through a journal or by talking at someone.

PureWhispers

The "You know you're an INFP when..." thread made me start to reconsider my type, but this thread (plus some researching) pushed me over the edge. Turns out I've been mistyping myself as an INTP for a year or so. :shock:

But anyway, if I may just sneak into the thread... :whistling:

You have a journal detailing all of your insights, epiphanies.

I've done this just about forever. As a kid I dabbled in diary-keeping, in middle school I used various web journals (Xanga, LiveJournal), and nowadays I keep a document on every computer I use specifically for jotting down random ideas as they come to me. I even keep a page in Google Documents called "IDEAS" in case I happen to be using someone else's computer. :tongue:

It might sound silly but I do this because I'm incredibly prone to that highly annoying phenomenon of coming up with something and forgetting it almost immediately. I'm also that person who thinks of something I'm going to do after I finish whatever I'm working on, and when the time comes, I can't remember what it was for the life of me.

Short term memory doesn't exist in my world. :cry:

S

Sniffles

- You know you're an INFJ when you're fascinated with religions, beliefs, superstition, mythology, et cetera.
I can certainly say yes in my particular case. Even as an atheist, I still held a strong fascination with many aspects of religion, mythology, occult, etc.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Was there once and came back. Isn't it easier to breath again? ;)

" what's this **** about how you like to slit your wrists too
I said that **** just clowning dawg; c'mon, how F*d up is you ? "

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
^lol.

I don't like this thread. It makes me question my own type.

Whats wrong with questioning things?
Do you know what Neo Genesis means ? - irony in this case

Neo Genesis

MBTI Type
InFp
Enneagram
4w5
Whats wrong with questioning things?
Do you know what Neo Genesis means ? - irony in this case

Nothing. In fact, I think its incredibly important. I just don't want to be bogged down wondering who I am my whole life.
I WANT RESOLUTION!!! -half-joking in this case.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Nothing. In fact, I think its incredibly important. I just don't want to be bogged down wondering who I am my whole life.
I WANT RESOLUTION!!! -half-joking in this case.

^
INFJ :D

I feel the same way, but I don't we'll ever get it to stop, only to come to grips with it and accept it as what we are.