• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

S

Sniffles

Merry Christmas INFJs!

Well if there was any Christmas song written specially for us INFJs(or even NFs in general), this probably has to be it.

Whenever I'm feeling down, I always play this and it really helps console my soul.

So here's "Vom Himmel Hoch da Komm Ich Her" - "From heaven on high I come hither", the rendition from the Polyhymnia caduceatrix of 1619.

[youtube="NSTofPzdong"]Martin Luther - Vom Himmel Hoch da Komm Ich Her[/youtube]
(singing doesn't start til about 3:10 into it)

Here's a translation of the lyrics:

From heaven on high I come hither,
Bringing you good news;
So much good news do I bring
That of it I will sing and speak.

Today a little child is born to you
By a chosen virgin,
A child so tender and fine
Who shall be your joy and delight.

He is the Lord Christ, our God,
Who will lead you out of all distress;
He will be your Saviour himself,
Cleansing you from all sin.

He brings to you all the bliss
That God the Father has prepared,
So that you shall live with us
In the kingdom of heaven now and for evermore.

So mark now the sign aright,
The crib, the wretched swaddling clothes;
There you will find the child lying
Who will preserve and sustain the whole world.

Then let us all be joyful
And go in with the shepherds
To see what God has granted us,
Presented us with his dearest son.

Ah, my dear little Jesus,
Make yourself a clean soft cot
To rest in my heart’s shrine,
That I may never forget you.

Thereby let me be joyful at all times,
Ever free to leap and sing
The sweet notes of apt lullabies
With heartfelt joy.

Praise and glory be to God on his highest throne
Who bestows on us his only son,
At which the host of angels rejoices
And sings to us such a new year.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
That's neat, Peguy. :)

- You know you're an INFJ when using Ti you don't try to disprove an idea, you try to find evidence FOR the idea (And evidence that supports other ideas get your attention too). Unlike INTPs who would rather do it the 'more logical' way and go for the ideas that can survive their mental Hulk-like ability to tear down ideas.

Basically we're the construction crew and INTPs are the giant hulks from the Rampage game :D

jaku

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4,5?
living in an an apartment with that intp
izzzzz definitely interesting

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Guys....... I have to fess up before it's too late.

I think I'm an INFP.

jaku

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4,5?
Guys....... I have to fess up before it's too late.

I think I'm an INFP.

are you high?

edit: oh, this isn't the 'do nf's like to be stoned thread... my apologies'

S

Sniffles

are you high?
He better be....we don't take kindly to phonies around these parts!

Anyways.....you know you're an INFJ when you're consistently are in infrequent contact. This seems to be a pattern I've noticed whenever trying to contact fellow INFJs. I'm lucky to be able to chat with them like once every 5 years or so.

Really a shame, since those discussions often are pretty deep on a level I don't find when chatting with others. It actually pisses me off at times. :steam:

Of course I'm not at all an exception to this. :(

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
are you high?

Looks like I'm an INFJ then! :D

He better be....we don't take kindly to phonies around these parts!

Dunno my mind likes to float between all the NFs except ENFJ and to ISFP and INtP :huh:

Anyways.....you know you're an INFJ when you're consistently are in infrequent contact. This seems to be a pattern I've noticed whenever trying to contact fellow INFJs. I'm lucky to be able to chat with them like once every 5 years or so.

I think it also depends on how easy it is to get in touch with them and how close you are to them. If they're just a friend I tend to call once a week (maybe), if they're someone I enjoy being with I tend to seek more contact. If they use MSN messenger I'm always in some form of contact :cheese:

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
And I had such high hopes for you.

*Cough* Maybe I, uh, posted that to get a few more posts out of this thread?

- You know you're an INFJ when 90% of your coolest insights to figure things out come out of nowhere. You're very good at improvising. (Maybe that's Se in action?)

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
*Cough* Maybe I, uh, posted that to get a few more posts out of this thread?

- You know you're an INFJ when 90% of your coolest insights to figure things out come out of nowhere. You're very good at improvising. (Maybe that's Se in action?)

I would attribute improvising to Se+Ni or Ne. Notice that the types that seem to have their perception function external and dominant tend to be the best at "thinking on their feet" to get out of tricky situations.

I tend to think, by function definition alone, INFJs are probably not very good at improvising as there's a tendency to retreat and reformulate a plan before going forth. It is not unlikely, however, for an INFJ to have reasonably developed Ne or Se and could be able to improvise after much practise or after continually being in situations in which they have no other choice but to improvise.

As for insights, maybe I am too self-aware, but I tend to have an inkling as to what caused the insight. So it doesn't exactly come from nowhere, but then this awareness occurs immediately after the thought has occurred so it could be retrospective thought-tracking.

Such insights do come unwarranted and after a seemingly unrelated event, if that is what you mean. But they certainly don't come from nowhere.

LavaLucy

MBTI Type
infj
When it's taken you a few goes, your eyes and various other parts of your anatomy aren't thanking you for it, 95 pages later you've finally make it to the end of this thread! And yet.... you still don't know what to add to the list.
IOU one proper post, signed homer.

Hmm for me I never thought I was a differnt type to INFJ. I did a test in high school when I didn't know anything about it and was jealous of my friend because I thought INFP sounded cooler. Then friends were doing all these tests at the beginning of this year for some fictional characters and dun dun dun. My INFP friend couldn't decide which she was and I remembered that she was INFP last time but she wouldn't have a bar of it =P I think high school is a blur to her in general.

Here we go! You know you're an INFJ (or me, one or the other) if no matter what you started talking about you wind up talking about your friends, family or even more likely: your three cats. I mean, everyone wants to know about my cats cats right? Who wouldn't :cheese:

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Here we go! You know you're an INFJ (or me, one or the other) if no matter what you started talking about you wind up talking about your friends, family or even more likely: your three cats. I mean, everyone wants to know about my cats cats right? Who wouldn't :cheese:

This should give you an idea! :D

V

violaine

... all the threads about INFJs lately make you ever so slightly uncomfortable ;) :laugh:

Lotr246

You have tried to hypnotize yourself or alter your state of consciousness in some way or another

You rarely venture outside your comfort zone

S

Sniffles

You know you're INFJ when you have a bad habit of spreading yourself too thin. I do this alot with the various discussions and interests I try to stay on top of.

Right now I'm a bit overloaded with various discussions ranging from Western/Eastern Christian traditions to Soviet military preparations before Operation Barbarossa in June 1941. Oh yeah, and I still have to get back to one person about witch burnings. Then I'm still trying to get unto some of the causes of the American Civil War, and other factors related to that conflict.

Whew.....enough to make your mind want to explode!