• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'll make this short, but I think the most important element in masculinity is integrity; not big muscles and definately not a big cock. To me that's all silly nonsense. Of course a man should be assertive, protective, and all that - but it's secondary. I don't believe a man should be a crying wimp, but neither do I buy the notion of being a cold-hearted prick either.

Just my simple take on it.

Sounds like my dream man. Where do I sign up?!

Kestrel

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
2w1
I'll make this short, but I think the most important element in masculinity is integrity; not big muscles and definately not a big cock. To me that's all silly nonsense. Of course a man should be assertive, protective, and all that - but it's secondary. I don't believe a man should be a crying wimp, but neither do I buy the notion of being a cold-hearted prick either.

INFJ manhood defined. Well said.

S

Sniffles

Sounds like my dream man. Where do I sign up?!

When would be a good time to pick you up? ;)

Well a good visual example of what I'm talking about can be found in Jeremy Northam's stunning protrayl of St. Thomas More in the series The Tudors.

Here's a few powerful scenes:

[youtube="hx_nN6MGPpE"]Trial of Thomas More[/youtube]

[youtube="gP-DYiJfw6g"]Execution of Thomas More[/youtube]

I was particularly impressed with the scene when More is brought before a tribunal and is threatened with arrest and torture if he refused to swear the oath(confirming the King as head of the Church in England), to which he replies: "Gentlemen, these threats are for children, not me."

wanderlust

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'm loving that this thread has almost 1000 posts!

Clearly shows how much INFJs love to communicate, express their ideas, and especially (usually) write.

Travo7

MBTI Type
IN??
Enneagram
IDK
Yeah on paper. Reality is a much different story.

It's rather odd in my particular case since I don't fit into either the big tough male image or the soft sensitive one either. I seem to operate on my own basis of masculinity; which includes elements of both.

I think my wife calls this the "noble man". She describes me exactly as you're saying, but I still feel really sensitive. It may be the whole suppressed Fe thing someone was speaking about.

Travo7

MBTI Type
IN??
Enneagram
IDK
You wonder if you were destined to be misunderstood by others in everything you say, think, feel, and are.

This is not an INFJ thing really.

It's just a recurring theme in my life. "It" persecutes me.

Silent Stars

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
You know you're an INFJ when you randomly start coming up with acronyms for it. I thought of these earlier on tonight.

inherently not following jerks
indestructible, never fabricated, jaded
immaculate nexus facilitated judiciously (best for last...I think this one is PERFECT.)

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1

I was kinda afraid I would have to learn Russian on short notice for a second! Though it looks like an INFP profile once you get to the functions.

- You know you're an INFJ when you constantly seem to forget and relearn words and names of people. ( I CONSTANTLY and CONSISTENTLY call a friend by a different friend's name whenever there are at least 2 nearby. Internal facepalm every time. )

sade

I'm pretty sure function -strength- is set in stone, but preference to each person varies things. The 'Humanist Scholar' subtype probably goes Ni/Ti > Fe > Se (Well for me, Inferior Se is just a troublemaker 90% of the time. But it's nice when I need/want to connect with the SPs and SJs out there)

The 'Humanist Friend' subtype probably uses Ni/Fe > Ti > Se (Though from the above, there are exceptions)

Those are the main 2 subtypes of the INFJ. I haven't found any others yet (Though there could be the 'Humanist in Se Clothing' that uses Se primarily)
Interesting. I've tested Ni/Fe>Se>Ti (& high Fi, at times above the Ni, but that's.. Fail.) Hmm. I remember there being a thread about INFJ 4 with similar experiences. I'm not big on expressing emotion though..

I always felt 'Somewhere between ENFP and INTP' - My room is a total mess, so is my workstation in school. I guess that fits under the 'consistently messy' category in one of the profiles.
As much as I hate to admit it, I'm too closure seeking etc. to be a P. ^^'

I'll sign in on the 'where to find INFJ guy', you sound so charming. My heart just melted. :wubbie:

Last edited:

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
As much as I hate to admit it, I'm too closure seeking etc. to be a P. ^^'

I always scored high on P traits, but I wont leave a short-term project unfinished (Finished is such a vague word for me :cry:)

I'll sign in on the 'where to find INFJ guy', you sound so charming. My heart just melted.
:blush:

Lotr246

Probably too general, but: You are an idealist, but at the same time you also aren't naive.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Probably too general, but: You are an idealist, but at the same time you also aren't naive.

Or vice versa: You're not naive, but still an idealist.

S

Sniffles

Yes to all three of these:
- You know you're an INFJ when you constantly seem to forget and relearn words and names of people. ( I CONSTANTLY and CONSISTENTLY call a friend by a different friend's name whenever there are at least 2 nearby. Internal facepalm every time. )
If only I was compensated for everytime this happens. I CONSTANTLY have to relook up words in the dictionary. Rather irritating.

You are an idealist, but at the same time you also aren't naive.
Yes there's always a conflict between my idealistic and realistic sides.

You know you're an INFJ when your words can make an INTJ cry.
:doh: Please don't remind me.

LadyJaye

Scream down the boulevard
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
When would be a good time to pick you up?

Wait until dark, and I'll climb out of my bedroom window. :D

Well a good visual example of what I'm talking about can be found in Jeremy Northam's stunning protrayl of St. Thomas More in the series The Tudors.

I was particularly impressed with the scene when More is brought before a tribunal and is threatened with arrest and torture if he refused to swear the oath(confirming the King as head of the Church in England), to which he replies: "Gentlemen, these threats are for children, not me."

An excellent choice for Thomas More - I've had a long standing jones for Jeremy Northam, and am positive he's an INFJ.

Lotr246

If only I was compensated for everytime this happens. I CONSTANTLY have to relook up words in the dictionary. Rather irritating.

Exactly, very irritating. I also have a difficult time recalling memories. Not the important ones, but the simple day-to-day ones are completely forgotten. Lack of Si, I believe.

jaku

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4,5?
Exactly, very irritating. I also have a difficult time recalling memories. Not the important ones, but the simple day-to-day ones are completely forgotten. Lack of Si, I believe.

that's because in our ideal world (contentedness for all) none of those things matter, eh?

Mort Belfry

Rats off to ya!
MBTI Type
INTP
You do some form of internet MBTI test and the results say: INFJ.