• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[INFJ] You know you're an INFJ when...

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
When you love ENFPs!! -Group hug ppl, COME ON-

You stand corrected ;)

*Goes off to smother some ENFPs* :hug:

( ENPs are in your face, but Fs dont use the cold steel of logic to do it. I'm unlikely to like an ENTP in anything more than casual friendships. My Ti-Fu is no strong :B )

S

Sniffles

Actually I like both ENTPs and ENFPs. However, the latter are just so damn adorable - there's no way you can resist the urge to hug many of them - well the girls in my case. :hug: :hug: :wubbie:

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Actually I like both ENTPs and ENFPs. However, the latter are just so damn adorable - there's no way you can resist the urge to hug many of them - well the s in my case.

QFT

:hug: . . . :wubbie: . . . :hug:

You know you're an INFJ when you had so many good ideas for this thread but you had them early in the day, and forgot them by the time you had access to the thread... and forgot to write them down.

S

Sniffles

QFT

:hug: . . . :wubbie: . . . :hug:

You know you're an INFJ when you had so many good ideas for this thread but you had them early in the day, and forgot them by the time you had access to the thread... and forgot to write them down.

If only I got paid for everytime that happened to me.

You know you're INFJ if you unconsciously repeat yourself in this thread. :tongue: ;)

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
You know you're INFJ if you unconsciously repeat yourself in this thread.

Yup, I've caught myself multiple times when I think I have an idea and then its ":doh: Its been said already!"

You know youre an INFJ when you hang out around this thread like it was the nearby Nerd Hangout (Which sported dice, RPG books, Boardgames, and Trading cards, and also hosted DnD every weekend :D)

Some of the old groupies have moved on to new threads... purists! Unite!

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You know youre an INFJ when you hang out around this thread like it was the nearby Nerd Hangout (Which sported dice, RPG books, Boardgames, and Trading cards, and also hosted DnD every weekend :D)

Some of the old groupies have moved on to new threads... purists! Unite!

Heh, I confess to being a fully-fledged nerd, since I love all the things you mention, and used to host D&D games every weekend for years! :nerd:

And don't worry, I'll never abandon this thread (at least until we've reached the magic 100 pages!)

G

Glycerine

You know you're an INFJ when someone gives a long-winded explanation about something and you can paraphrase accurately what they just said in a couple short sentences?

Lotr246

You know you're an INFJ when someone gives a long-winded explanation about something and you can paraphrase accurately what they just said in a couple short sentences?

Yes, I can do this even when I haven't listened to every detail.

You know you're an INFJ when you read a book and can feel the pain of its characters.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Yes, I can do this even when I haven't listened to every detail.

You know you're an INFJ when you read a book and can feel the pain of its characters.

I can too, all I really need to know is the topic and what direction its headed and then I can paraphrase it... sometimes I cant help but do it. :blush:

Odd Thomas by Dean Koontz, it'll make you cry.

You know youre an INFJ when extremes bug you, and the Taoist philosophy is appealing 'Harmony of Opposites'

- And when you would rather edit a post to add info than make a double post since somewhere way back in your history you heard somewhere that 'Double Posting as BAAAD juju'

- And when you like adding weird slang into your vocabulary, if ya ken.

- When you feel more natural online (Or in your head) than in Reality.

Last edited:

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can too, all I really need to know is the topic and what direction its headed and then I can paraphrase it... sometimes I cant help but do it. :blush:

You know youre an INFJ when extremes bug you, and the Taoist philosophy is appealing 'Harmony of Opposites'

-- And when you like adding weird slang into your vocabulary, if ya ken.

- When you feel more natural online (Or in your head) than in Reality.

All of these describe me well. I've been following a Taoist way of life ever since I discovered the Barefoot Doctor's excellent books.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
All of these describe me well. I've been following a Taoist way of life ever since I discovered the Barefoot Doctor's excellent books.

I'll have to look him up then!

ITs kinda cool having a deeper meaning behind the Yin Yang symbol than 'cuz its cool' ( At least circa Hippie Generation )

- You knw youre an INFJ when you want to live in a VW Bus, just to say 'Yo I'm a turtle, I carry my home everywhere!' . . . And to be able to hit the open road without leaving creature comforts behind. :D

Silent Stars

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
That's kinda why I never did any writing assignments in high school English, other than the ones where we could pick the topic ourselves. For all the ones that were assigned, I was like....how am I supposed to write five pages about something I can answer in four sentences? All the topics were so stupid and pointless. Even though English was one of my strongest subjects (my English score on the ACT was my highest one as well), that alone nearly made me fail on several occasions.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
That's kinda why I never did any writing assignments in high school English, other than the ones where we could pick the topic ourselves. For all the ones that were assigned, I was like....how am I supposed to write five pages about something I can answer in four sentences? All the topics were so stupid and pointless. Even though English was one of my strongest subjects (my English score on the ACT was my highest one as well), that alone nearly made me fail on several occasions.

I used to be like that. Once I got started writing, though, it just flowed very quickly. Ni is a lifesaver in English classes. Its just tough to stay on track sometimes.

Maybe you're an INfJ? Ti is a function that's great at saying things in the clearest, shortest way possible. Maybe INtP?, not like it matters too much :D

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Here is a very good description of the INFJ:

Musta missed that one when I was browsing that site :D - It does look very accurate, focusing less on details, more on concepts of the type. It also is really good for getting a flavor of the type, the others are just dry and fact-based.
*Goes off reading :run:*

S

Sniffles

Ti is a function that's great at saying things in the clearest, shortest way possible.
Really? I didn't know that. That's probably why INFJs often described as "fragmentary and aphoristic" thinkers. Well Ni explains the former part, and Ti the latter.

Kyrielle

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I'll have to look him up then!

ITs kinda cool having a deeper meaning behind the Yin Yang symbol than 'cuz its cool' ( At least circa Hippie Generation )

- You knw youre an INFJ when you want to live in a VW Bus, just to say 'Yo I'm a turtle, I carry my home everywhere!' . . . And to be able to hit the open road without leaving creature comforts behind. :D

Hmm. Not a VW Bus. Too small. No kitchen. No bathroom. No bed. A really big RV? Perhaps.

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Really? I didn't know that. That's probably why INFJs often described as "fragmentary and aphoristic" thinkers. Well Ni explains the former part, and Ti the latter.

*Looks up aphoristic, likes new words*

Mhm that sounds right. I think the fragmentary mindset is from a train of thought that sometimes just suddenly breaks off, say from a distraction or mis-path of thought, and you either have to hold the previous train or lose it altogether. At least for me anyway.

I'm not completely sure of that aspect of Ti either, but it makes sense. INTPs use Ne to find the core of an idea through its aspects and then can define the idea through the core of it. They do it naturally with primary Ti, we use Tertiary Ti so it works slower and less 'sharp.'

Skyward

Badoom~
MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
9w1
Hmm. Not a VW Bus. Too small. No kitchen. No bathroom. No bed. A really big RV? Perhaps.

Creative thinking. Find an xNTJ and a few ISTP mechanics and you'll figure out a way to make it work.

Maybe not VW bus, but something that can fit a computer and a TV (Who needs a bathroom? Get a bucket and dump it out somewhere! :D )

Silent Stars

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I used to be like that. Once I got started writing, though, it just flowed very quickly. Ni is a lifesaver in English classes. Its just tough to stay on track sometimes.

Maybe you're an INfJ? Ti is a function that's great at saying things in the clearest, shortest way possible. Maybe INtP?, not like it matters too much :D
Nah, I'm definitely INFJ. It's just that, rather than having a highly developed F and underdeveloped T, both are pretty much equally highly developed (from what I've heard from others and noticed myself), though I have a definite F preference. I've had some difficulty figuring that out since some of the tests I've taken show me at a 55/45 F/T percentage, or even closer than that. I thought of it kind of like being a quantitative measurement, and that both sides would add up to be greater than 100%, just as a way of thinking of how developed both sides are, rather than how much of a preference you have, since some other tests showed me at 85-90% for F, and I figured there had to be a reason for such an inconsistency of results.
Here is a very good description of the INFJ:
INFJ
Agreed. I've read that before, and relate to it quite well.